Unity Games 14 Math Trade - deliver games at UG-14 (Boston area) on Jan. 26th, 2008! (NO Shipping Costs!) - Next Step: Deliver Games at UG-14!!!
Math Trade Deadlines:Recommend
Fri. Jan. 11th 8pm ET - for submitting games (and sweeteners)
Tues. Jan. 15th 4pm ET - for submitting want lists
Tues. Jan. 15th 5pm ET - summary of want lists posted to check for errors
Wed. Jan. 16th 3pm ET - results posted, 129 items traded!
Unity Games XIV (14) - Open Gaming Convention
Wakefield, MA (not far outside Boston)
Sat. January 26th, 2008 - 9am to Midnight
Only $10 until up til 2 weeks before, then $15 at at the door (space permitting)
Math Trade Rules:
1. You must be either attending UG-14 or know someone who is that will be your proxy as all game deliveries are being done at the convention (ie. no shipping costs!).
2. You can put as many games as you want up for trade, and you can even list the same game (duplicate) someone else is trading, but ... you can not duplicate your own games.
3. Feel free to add comments to individual geeklist items, but do not add general comments to the geeklist itself. Instead use the forum thread for discussion at http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/266226
4. "sweeteners" are to be listed using either the GAMEID formatting (prefered, example Hansa) or a link to the game's page (this will look like http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/8989). If you don't your sweeteners won't show up in the summary (I'll be using software to generate the summary automatically)
5. No limit to length of want lists (thanks to TradeMaximizer)
6. You must accurately describe your game's condition, language, edition, etc. Please list English even if it was only ever published in English as chances are someone will ask regardless.
7. You must submit a want list for each game you are offering. If you don't want to trade a specific offering (because you see no one elses game(s) you'd be happy with in exchange), submit a blank list and the game will not be traded.
8. Do NOT submit want lists until the summary has been posted.
9. I reserve the right to remove games from the list for whatever reason (this is very unlikely, but is here just in case). If you are on the bad traders list, your games will be removed.
10. By posting an entry on this list, you agree to abide both by the general math trade guidelines and by those specific to this math trade.
11. When you add item(s) please put in the comment field the hours you anticipate being at UG-14 (this may help folks who aren't there all day to leave games off their want list if they won't be there to accept delivery)
12. You may offer a max of one (1) Geekgold listing. See note.
13. You may offer a max of one (1) non-game item. See note.
Note (for 12 & 13): add these items as a game type with the game being "Outside the Scope of BGG" (gameid 23953). Please also put a "+altname+ 123 geek gold -altname-" (or similiar text for 13) at the end of your descripton (this alternative name will be used in the tool and summary).
Trade Resolver: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/TradeMaximizer
* this is new for a UG math trade. Since it finds the absolute max trades possible in seconds (at most a couple minutes) and results are relatively deterministic, there is no need to "play at home" (folks can run it at home and to verify the result as they should get exactly the same results).
* "duplicate protection" will be available
* linear priorities will also be turned on (doesn't make much difference but does make results more deterministic)
Feel free to include sweeteners (additional games you wish to bundle with the game you are adding) in the comment field (or click on "[Comment]" for the item to add after the fact).
Note: use the "[Add Item]" link to add the game you own and wish to trade away.
important: make sure you double check the times the person who offered up each game on your want list will be at the convention, or at least be prepared to make arrangements for receiving the game (if you are lucky to "win" it in the math trade of course!).
Don't know what a math trade is? See http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/93555
145 trades were made in the last UG (UG-13) math trade! See http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/22435
It's not a requirement, but I strongly suggest everyone in the math trade use the online want list generator/editor. Most folks prefer it as you get to see a snapshot of the entire geeklist on one page, easily keep track of your wants, and then edit your wants. And for this math trade I'll hopefully also have it setup so you can submit your wants as well, so that you have almost zero chance of a cut/paste error.
For those who haven't used it before you can check out the limited and verbose documention at:
or you could just jump right into the tool at:
(a login link at the bottom will appear if you haven't used it before or the cookie was lost and you need to relogin)
- [+] Dice rolls