Australian Chain of Generosity
Here is how the chain of generosity works.
(lifted from the geeklist above, with some modification)
Boardgamegeek is a wonderful place. The friendly, helpful, generous users here make this one of the best online communities. I (also) would like to contribute to that spirit, so I have created the Australian BGG Chain of Generosity.
Here's how the Australian BGG Chain of Generosity (The Chain) works:
Step 1: The supplier (I will start) will seed the geeklist with a giveaway game. Anyone who wants that game can leave a comment to that effect. After 2-7 days (lister to determine) the original lister will randomly choose (using any random method they like, just make sure it is random) a recipient for the game, post the result in the comment and geekmail them to set up shipping to their house.
Step 2: The recipient of the game will then choose a game from their collection (probably from their trade list) and post it as an item here for more people (or maybe the same people) to comment on and enter. After 2-7 days they will randomly select an entrant, and that person will win the game. Contact and setup shipping etc.
Step 3: The new recipient repeats step 2.
and so on, happily ever after...
The Fine Print. (RULES)
1. You must comment to the item in question indicating you wish to be in the drawing to recieve it in order to be eligible to win.
2. If you win one, you MUST post a game of your own to give away in this fashion. If you don't like that idea, don't play.
3. In the unlikely event that no offers are made on your game with in 2 days after posting, try a different game in its place and make a note of that in the comments.
4. Supplier pays shipping, unless they indicate within the entry that the recipient will and under what grounds. Anyone signing up to receive an item where recipient pays shipping agrees to do so.
5. This Chain is only elligible for BGG members who have a postage location within Australia.
6. If you are the winner you need to contact the lister within 7 days of the draw completion. If you have not contacted the lister within 7 days the lister may nominate a new winner at random.
7. For this giveaway thread anything goes. Any sort of game, game accessory or game-related item can be put up to be given away.
The game you post should be one that most of the Australian BGG community might want to have. Ideally, one on your trade list. The dual-purpose of this list is to spread goodwill and give games a good home.
You can win multiple times. Just keep in mind each time you win a game you'll be giving another one away.
Keep the generosity flowing and post your next game giveaway as soon as you can. You do not need to wait until you recieve the game you won before you post your giveaway game.
Let the games begin.
- [+] Dice rolls