The Son of Oktoberfest Math Trade - OLWLG use required
- Jack KUnited States
WisconsinTreasure those you love...
This Math Trade will be similar to the recent Spread the Happiness Around event, in that although the trade maximizer will still find the highest number of trades, the first tiebreaker will still be to maximize the number of people involved, simply because I like that idea. Traders from all over the world are allowed to participate.
So, borrowing heavily from the instructions for that event:
Welcome to the Son of Oktoberfest Math Trade
For this math trade want lists will be submitted only by using the online wantlist generator/editor. You may want to make sure you can login to that tool (no password required) if you haven't already.
You must read the Limits & Rules below before joining in on this math trade!
For those of you not familiar with the process, a very useful guide to Math Trades is available here, courtesy of Lindsey Dubb.
We will be Jeff's new version of the TradeMaximizer with duplicate protection. It isn't in Sourceforge yet, but it is publicly available at http://isomerica.net/~jeff/tm.jar
Again, use of the On-Line Want List Generator (OLWLG) is required for this event (please remember to tip JeffyJeff some GG for his support).
1) Gift certificates, Geekgold, DVDs etc are all permitted, up to a maximum of four. The only other restriction is that you must have at least one entry which is a game for each non-game entry that you put up.
2) Geekgold and gift certificate arbitrage is NOT allowed.
3) Gift certificates must be for a specified location and for a specified amount.
4) Non-game entries must be added as "Outside the Scope of BGG" (game id 23953) or "Miscellaneous Game Accessory" (game id 5985) and must include the +altname+ brief description -altname- format in the description of your item.
5) You may not post more than ONE copy of any game. This includes sweeteners. However just because someone else has already posted a copy of a game, it doesn't mean that someone else can't post a copy of the same game.
6) You are expected to describe, as accurately as is reasonably possible, the condition, language and edition of your item in the description. This includes sweeteners if they are physical items (i.e. not GG).
For games not brand new (in shrink) you must inventory the game's components and list anything missing. Do not assume it's complete. Also, remember that just because something is "new in shrink" that doesn't mean that you shouldn't disclose any dings. It might not matter to you, but it matters to some people.
If the game and/or expansion you are listing is a "Print & Play" make that clear in the description (and I recommend you give specifics what it was printed on, mounted on, etc).
If you are listing an expansion if you reference the base game in the description be clear one way or the other if you are including the base game or not.
7) Your shipping restrictions must be clearly stated and if you are not covering full shipping, you must state precisely how much of the shipping you will cover. You are not permitted to require a specific amount for shipping from the recipient, only a difference between what you will pay and what the actual shipping cost is. "Mirror shipping" is not allowed. People will offer to pay what they think they can afford - if you don't like someone else's shipping policies, then don't put their items on your list. Any ambiguity will be interpreted as generosity on your part. If you are not covering full shipping, please state clearly where you are shipping from as this will help anyone who is trying to figure out their shipping cost for your item.
8) PLEASE DO NOT DELETE ENTRIES ONCE YOU HAVE ADDED THEM. If you don't want to trade an item you've listed, just submit a blank want list for it.
9) Sweeteners are to be listed using either the GAMEID formatting (prefered, example Hansa) or a link to the game's page (this will look like http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/8989). If you don't use this format your sweeteners won't show up in the OLWLG properly.
As moderator, I reserve the right to remove games from the list for whatever reason (I have never had to exercise that authority in prior events and very much doubt that I'll have to here). If you are on the bad traders list, your games will be removed.
Other useful information
Discussion Thread: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/348667
Request List: http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/35821
OLWLG Guides: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/30011
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/32005 (Duplicate protection)
Software Used: TradeMaximizer with duplicate protection and linear prioritization. SEED=1234567, ITERATIONS=100, METRIC=USERS-TRADING
List Cap: None
Maximum Submissions Per User: Unlimited
Users may not post more geekgold than they currently have.
Key dates (all times EDT)
Open for posting games: Now to Friday, October 24th (10am ET)
Want list submission period: Friday, October 24th (10am ET) to Sunday, October 26th (10pm ET) - no extensions (I've been too generous in the past with that - if you miss it, there will likely be another math trade in a couple of weeks).
Results posted: (by) Sunday, October 26th, shortly after 10pm ET.
Want list submission
Submissions will only be accepted through the OLWLG.
Note: only errors by the moderator will invalidate the results.
Note: in the case that there is a problem after the results are posted, at most it will only invalidate the affected trade chain(s) and not the entire results set. In addition if the problem can be resolved by the most directly affected party or parties, then that is perfectly acceptable.
Note: you can start putting together your want list(s) immediately, even before you enter your own items into the math trade
Please remember to tip JeffyJeff if you are able to. He's not only responsible for the OLWLG, but also for this new version of the TradeMaximizer that we'll be using.
- [+] Dice rolls