GenghisCon 2009 No Shipping Math Trade, Denver, CO, Feb 12-15, STATUS: Open
- Sterling Babcock(Solamar)United States
ColoradoPlease let me know how I can help you.
STATUS: CLOSED - SUBMIT WANTS
PLEASE DO NOT DELETE ITEMS ONCE YOU HAVE ADDED THEM
GenghisCon 2009 No Shipping Math Trade in Denver, CO, February 12-15!
I have been asked to do a math trade for GenghisCon, February 12-15, 2009. I am going to make this as simple as I can to run. Although I am running this for the convenience of attendees, I will put very little effort into it. You MUST use JeffyJeffs Online Want List Generator, and you MUST submit using his tool. All I will do is pull the final list and run the trade tool.
I will, however, act as a central dumping ground for trades. I will be there all day Saturday and Sunday runing the Days of Wonder games and some Z-Man games. You MUST make arrangements to drop off AND PICK UP your games at some time during the convention. Any unclaimed games I will take home and you will need to pay shipping to get them.
Submissions due: Wednesday, February 4th, 5:00 PM MST
Summary of submissions posted: Never. You MUST use JeffyJeffs Online Want list generator and submission.
Want lists due: Friday, February 6th, 5:00pm MST
Results posted: Friday, February 6th, 11:00pm MST (or earlier)
Method of Finding Trades and Links
Discussion Thread: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/369703
Request GeekList: I don't plan to have one. Use the discussion thread. It should be small enough since it is local
We will be using TradeMaximizer with the following options:
* Linear Priorities
* Duplicate Protection
* If I can figure out how to do it: SEED=2222000, ITERATIONS=100, METRIC=USERS-TRADING
TradeMaximizer (linear priorities & Duplicate Protection): http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/TradeMaximizer
Math+Trades Wiki: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Math+Trades
OLWLG Guides: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/30011
Duplicate Protection: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/32005
* Use of the On-Line Want List Generator (OLWLG) is required for this event (please remember to tip JeffyJeff some GG for his support).
* You, or your representative MUST be at the convention to trade. NO shipping. Sterling will be there all day Saturday and Sunday. You may leave the game with me for pickup/dropoff. Any unclaimed games at the end of the con I will take home. You will need to pay shipping to get them!
* Gift certificates, Geekgold, DVDs etc are all permitted.
* Geekgold and Gift certificate arbitrage is NOT allowed. Users may not post more geekgold than they currently have.
* You MUST follow the How to List Rules below!
* If you've been reported as a bad trader, you cannot participate. If you try to, I will remove you entries.
* List Cap: None
* Maximum Submissions Per User: Unlimited
How to List
* Non-game entries must be added as "Outside the Scope of BGG" (game id 23953) or "Miscellaneous Game Accessory" (game id 5985) and must include the +altname+ brief description -altname- format in the description of your item. (The math trade tool triggers on these.)
* You are expected to describe, as accurately as is reasonably possible, the condition, language and edition of your item in the description. This includes sweeteners if they are physical items (i.e. not GG).
* You should choose a photo that best represents the game you are trading (language, edition, and the like). If there are none suitable in the database, pick the one that's closest and make a note in your item listing.
* For games not brand new (in shrink) you must inventory the game's components and list anything missing. Do not assume it's complete. Also, remember that just because something is "new in shrink" that doesn't mean that you shouldn't disclose any dings. It might not matter to you, but it matters to some people.
* If the game and/or expansion you are listing is a "Print & Play" make that clear in the description (and I recommend you give specifics what it was printed on, mounted on, etc).
* Do not list an item as the base game unless you are including it. If you are listing an expansion if you reference the base game in the description be clear one way or the other if you are including the base game or not.
* Sweeteners are to be listed using either the GAMEID formatting (prefered, example Hansa) or a link to the game's page (this will look like http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/8989). If you don't use this format your sweeteners won't show up in the OLWLG properly.
* Please do NOT include links to other games in your entry unless you are actually including them as a sweetener, as this is displayed in a misleading manner by the OLWLG.
* You should check back on your listed item 2 days after listing it to see if there are any comments you need to answer!
* Direct all comments to the discussion thread. However, for questions on individual items, please leave comments on the item itself, here on the list. It may also be advised to send a geekmail in addition to the comment as not all traders will check their entries for comments as they should).
By posting an entry on this list, you agree to abide both by the general math trade guidelines and by those specific to this math trade.
Disclaimer: I will be the sole person running TradeMaximizer, and my results (open to public scrutiny, of course) will be the official ones. Only errors by the moderator will invalidate the results. You are also responsible for checking the full set of want lists when the Math Trade tool geekmails them back to you after submission for any errors! This policy will not be modified or relaxed! Also in the case that there is a problem after the results are posted, at most it will only invalidate the affected trade chain(s) and not the entire results set. In addition if the problem can be resolved by the most directly affected party or parties, then that is perfectly acceptable. Please remember to tip JeffyJeff some GG if you are able to, and also Cokasaki, without whom the TradeMaximizer would not even exist.
Questions or Comments
Please direct all questions and comments to the forum thread reserved for this math trade, for the benefit of your fellow traders.
(Header shamelessly stolen from Shawn Simas (DaJackel) and angliotiger)
- [+] Dice rolls