Join R&D Games in celebrating the BGG's 10th anniversary
- Richard BreeseUnited Kingdom
To celebrate the tenth anniversary of the gaming community’s most indispensible database R&D Games are planning to publish The BoardGameGeek Game (TBGGG) at Essen in October 2009.
Ernie (the famous BoardGameGeek mascot) has gone on holiday to meet his English cousins and fellow geeks in the quaint Cotswold town of Boardway. Players take on two roles, representing one of the six game publishers supplying their company’s games to the games shops of Boardway, and secondly organising a team of three ‘dicey’ geeks, who are trying to collect sets of games to meet their gaming group’s requirements. We are delighted that over thirty other game publishers have agreed to be included in this celebratory project (see photo in item one below for a sample) and R&D would now like to give you, Geek users, the same opportunity…
If you would like to include your own congratulations on the sides of TBGGG box bottom please do the following:
1. Give this list a thumbs up AND
2. Add a comment to this list.
The thumbs up will hopefully keep this list on the front page for a while. The comment will allow me to obtain your avatar and to incorporate it on the side of the game box bottom with a suitable message (from all contributors) congratulating the Geek on their tenth anniversary.
For this to work and to meet our printing deadlines we need to get to a critical mass of avatars by the end of June 2009. So please add your comment and tell your Geek buddies as soon as you can of this opportunity.
Thanks in advance for your interest in reading this Geeklist.
We hope you will join in!
1. Because most avatars are low resolution they are likely to appear at approximately one square centimetre in size on the game box.
2. We estimate that there will space for approximately 500 avatars on the box sides. If interest exceeds this number avatars will be included on a first posted basis. (It may be possible to get a few more included but we can't make any promises on those above 500.)
3. Offensive avatars or those which are thought to give rise to copyright issues may be modified or excluded.
4. If you would prefer to contribute an image other than your avatar, then incorporate that image in your posting. If suitable we will use that image instead of your avatar. If you are unsure how to do this go to BGG Images: A Comprehensive Guide.
5. If your avatar is a moving image, please include a still image in your posting.
- [+] Dice rolls