NESTORGAMES continuous abstract game design contest
I receive around half a dozen submissions of abstract games each month. Most of them are great designs. I hope I can publish all of them, but by now I can't. Not enough time. Morevover, I'm not focused exclusively on abstracts at the moment.
So I've decided to create a continuous abstract game design contest.
How does it work? Simply add your game to this list (first you must add the game entry to the bgg database), and when it reaches enough thumbs up, I will contact the author and propose and agreement. How many thumbs up? I still don't know. I will try to fix this number soon.
1. The game must fit on one of the NESTORGAMES formats (1 and 2 so far):
2. The game must be an abstract. It can be lightly themed (like Hippos & Crocodiles).
3. The game must be finished. No variants, corrections or whatever.
4. Games already published are accepted too, as long as the author can license it to other publishers.
5. You can submmit other author's games.
6. You can submmit as many entries as you wish.
7. Any entry can be rejected because of production issues.
8. Games that can be easily home made or that can be played with existing NESTORGAMES games could be rejected for obvious reasons. Sorry for this.
When and if a game is published, I will give a free copy to a randomly picked geekuser among the ones that gave this list a thumb up.
Thank you and good luck!
Néstor Romeral Andrés
So what is an abstract game? That's a difficult question.
Theoreticaly an abstract game is a game with no theme at all. Hence the word "abstract".
Some of the entries in this contest have a theme, and even a low dose of randomness. This is not a bad thing. But where is the line? I don't know. I'm still learning...
EDIT: By now, 2 games have reached the 40 votes barrier. 40 is a good number. I will fine-tune it over time.
Barrier is now: 40
EDIT: Added rule.
EDIT: 3 games have reached the 40 votes barrier so far! Well done!
EDIT: Added rule.
EDIT: As one of the entries has reached 50 votes and the geeklist has more than 50 thumbs, it is time to raise the barrier.
Barrier is now 50.
EDIT: 4th winner! Time to raise the barrier again.
Barrier is now 60.
EDIT: 5th winner!
Barrier is now 70.
EDIT: 6th winner!
Barrier is 70 again
Edit: 7th winner!
Barrier is now 100
Edit: 7th winner removed from the contest by the author.
Edit: 8th winner!
Edit: 9th winner!
Edit: 10th winner!
Edit: 11th winner!
Edit: Barrier raised to 200!
- Mundialito (Gold Cup). Re-implemented to Robosoccer
- Penguin Soccer
Splut!Game removed from contest by the author
- Hello, Dolly!
- Penguin Panic: The Great Icescape
- [+] Dice rolls