Unity Games 16 Math Trade - deliver games at UG-16 (Boston area) on Feb. 6th, 2010! (NO Shipping Costs!)
- Jeff MichaudUnited States
FloridaCaptain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
for this math trade want lists will be submitted only by using the OLWLG (online wantlist generator/editor) ... you may want to make sure you can login to that tool (no password required) if you haven't already.
Also Very Important!
You must read the Limits & Rules below before joining in on this math trade!
"Unity Games 16 Math Trade" .......
Unity Games XVI (16) - Open Gaming Convention
Woburn, MA (not far outside Boston)
Sat. Feb. 6th, 2010 - 9am to Midnight
Only $12.50 until up til 2 weeks before, then $15 at at the door (space permitting)
Related (Discussion) Forum Thread: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/479897
Submissions (including sweeteners): Sunday, January 17th, 10:30pm Eastern Time
Want lists due: Sunday, January 24th, 10:00pm Eastern Time
Results posted: Sunday, January 24th, about 11:00pm Eastern Time
Limits: (per person)
* Max of 2 non-game items (that includes geek gold, gift certificates, etc) for each real game item you list for trade
* Geekgold offerings must be at least 60 GG
0.1. * You must be either attending UG-16 or know someone who is that will be your proxy as all game deliveries are being done at the convention (ie. no shipping costs!).
0.2. * When you add item(s) please put in the comment field the hours you anticipate being at UG-16 (this may help folks who aren't there all day to leave games off their want list if they won't be there to accept delivery)
1. * Non-game items must be added as "Outside the Scope of BGG" (game id 23953) or "Miscellaneous Game Accessory" (game id 5985), and you must within (at the bottom) of the item description put a "+altname+ Short Name Here -altname-" (minus the quotes) where "Short Name Here" for example would be "125 Geek Gold", or "$40 ThoughtHammer Gift Card", etc.
Note: this rule applies when you are offering an expansion or bonus items to a game which does not have it's own BGG entry (such as Le Havre bonus cards). Do NOT use the game id of the base game if it is NOT being included in what you are offering.
2. * "sweeteners" are to be listed using either the GAMEID formatting (prefered, example Hansa) or a link to the game's page (this will look like http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/8989). If you don't use this format your sweeteners won't show up in the OLWLG properly.
Note: do NOT include links in your listings to games you are NOT including in your offering that will be picked up as sweeteners by the OLWLG. See the FAQ below for how to workaround this.
3. * You must accurately describe your game's condition, language, edition, etc. If you do not then the condition will be assumed to be "like new" and complete, English language version. Do not simply say "as pictured" as it's not always obvious. When in doubt though, folks should post a comment to the item and/or geekmail the item's owner with questions.
3.5. * For games not brand new (in shrink) you must inventory the game's components and list anything missing. Do not assume it's complete (I've been on the receiving end 2 or 3 times thus far where the owner assumed and it wasn't)
3.6. * If the game and/or expansion you are listing is a "Print & Play" make that clear in the description (and I recommend you give specifics what it was printed on, mounted on, etc).
3.7. * If you are listing an expansion if you reference the base game in the description be clear one way or the other if you are including the base game or not.
3.8. * Q: what if I want to change my offering (downgrade), such as remove or change the item or sweetener(s), or make the shipping more restrictive, or discover the condition of the game(s) are worse than I originally stated?
A: edit the geeklist item for your lot and change the game id to 23953 (which is outside the scope of BGG) and replace the item description with:
+altname+ Item withdrawn/relisted -altname-
and then do just that, add a new item (bundle). and obviously submit a blank list for the old withdrawn item.
4. * Traders from all countries are allowed. (but must be attending UG as mentioned above)
5. * Specify your restrictions on shipping in your listing. If you don't it will be assumed you'll ship worlwide for free. (Note: if you list "mirror" shipping, or a limit to how much you will be pay toward the shipping, then you must state where you would be shipping from (zipcode for USA locations).this rule not applicable to this math trade. See rule 0.2 instead. 6. * If you are offering games that you do not have in your possession (ie. that you'll order and have shipped from an online retailer if it trades), you must state in your description that is what you are doing.this rule is also not applicable for this math trade as it's a no-ship math trade
7. * No Geek-gold or Gift certificate arbitrage... that means you are not allowed to attempt to trade your geekgold for someone elses geekgold offering, or attempt to trade your gift certificate for someone elses gift certificate offering+++. However attempting to trade geekgold for a gift certificate or vice versa is allowed.
8. * I reserve the right to remove games from the list for whatever reason (though unlikely). If you are on the bad traders list, your games will be removed
9. * Use the related forum thread for questions & discussions of this math trade (though for questions on individual items as those as comments to the specific geeklist item)
10. * It is strongly suggested that if you have more than one identical copy of an item you'd like to list that instead of listing them all individually to instead to list if only once and to add to the botton of the item's description:
Copies: 2 (where 2 can be any positive number as appropriate)
This makes it easier for both you and potential traders. See here for more info
If you are unfamiliar with math trades, please read the BGG wiki page at Math Trades
By posting an entry on this list, you agree to abide both by the general math trade guidelines and by those specific to this math trade.
Trade Resolver: TradeMaximizer (trying to maximize number of trades)
* Duplicate Protection
* NO Priorities
Important Note: requires special version of TradeMax (pointer to which will be provided)
Note: only errors by the moderator will invalidate the results.
Note: in the case that there is a problem after the results are posted, at most it will only invalidate the affected trade chain(s) and not the entire results set. In addition if the problem can be resolved by the most directly affected party or parties, then that is perfectly acceptable.
Note: you can start putting together your want list(s) immediately, even before you enter your own items into the math trade using the OLWLG
Some common questions/answers:
Q: Where can I find this special version of TradeMaximizer?
Note: this was compiled against JDK 1.5, apparently compiling w/JDK 1.6 and trying to run with JRE 1.5 gives a version skew exception. Also sources are included inside the jar
Q: why no priorities in this MT?
A: because they are not compatible with the metric we are using. That also means it does not matter how you order your wants (not that ordering them had much effect for most anyway, TradeMax will always use whatever wants will maximize the number of trades)
Q: where is the "request" geeklist?
A: there isn't one... on the OLWLG home page for this math trade use the "statistics" link/page to see the list of games most wanted by those in this math trade but are not currently being offered
Q: How do I include a link to a BGG game page in my listing that is not an item I'm including in my offering?
A: use www.tinyurl.com (or similiar service) to create an alias link that will redirect to the game's page. For example, http://tinyurl.com/84kjm7 instead of http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/559 or Metro
- [+] Dice rolls