Unity Games 16 Turkey Swap
- Joe Huber(huber)
This is NOT the math trade. Every item added to this trade WILL be traded. By entering an item in this trade, you are committing to trade it regardless of what you're receiving. Think of this as a Yankee Swap, but instead of doing the swap in person we'll use the math trade software to resolve the trade.Recommend
Please read the details below, but for those who want the brief details - enter up to three games, or groups of games, each with a value of $10 or more. Then use the OLWLG to enter values for the offerings that interest you. Every item will be traded - if you are worried about what you'll get back, go to the math trade and list your item there instead.
Please do not enter items into this turkey swap unless you will be at Unity Games 16, will be able to distribute your offerings by 2PM (using the same method as the math trade), and will be able to pick up your winnings after 2PM.
For this math trade priorities will be submitted only by using the OLWLG (online wantlist generator/editor) ... you may want to make sure you can login to that tool (no password required) if you haven't already.
"Unity Games 16 Turkey Swap" .......
Unity Games XVI (16) - Open Gaming Convention
Woburn, MA (not far outside Boston)
Sat. Feb. 6th, 2010 - 9am to Midnight
Only $12.50 until up til 2 weeks before, then $15 at at the door (space permitting)
Related (Discussion) Forum Thread: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/479758
Submissions (including sweeteners): Thursday, January 14th, 7pm Eastern Time
Valuations due: Saturday, January 16th, 1pm Eastern Time
Results posted: Saturday, January 16th, about 2pm Eastern Time
Limits: (per person)
* Max of 3 offerings of games or gaming items, each with a value of $10 or more. Geekgold and gift certificates are not allowed.
What is a turkey swap:
* A turkey swap is a way to trade unwanted games for - other unwanted games. This uses the same mechanisms and software as a math trade, but the only thing you have to specify is which items you'd actually _like_ to receive - and optionally how much you want those items. Every offering you make will trade. Jeff has modified the OLWLG so that you only need to select the items that interest you. You may choose an ordering among the items that interest you; priorities will be used to try to find the best set of trades, so it is to your advantage to do so. Every item will be on your want list; the items you don't check as wanted will simply have a lower priority. The math trade software will then be run to try to make everyone as happy as possible.
* You must be either attending UG-16 or know someone who is that will be your proxy as all game deliveries are being done at the convention (ie. no shipping costs!).
* Since every item will trade, please only enter offerings if you will be there at 2PM.
* All offerings should have a value of $10 or more. No incomplete copies of Candyland, please.
* If offering more than one item, use either the GAMEID formatting or a link to the game's page (this will look like http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/8989). If you don't use this format these items won't show up in the OLWLG properly.
* Please try to accurately describe the condition of your offerings.
* If a game is not complete, any missing components should be noted - and the game should still be worth at least $10. (For example, Titan missing three counters would be fine for this turkey swap; Monopoly with no hotels wouldn't be.)
* I reserve the right to remove games from the list for whatever reason (though unlikely). If you are on the bad traders list, your games will be removed
By posting an entry on this list, you agree to abide both by the general math trade guidelines and by those specific to this math trade.
Trade Resolver: TradeMaximizer
* NO Duplicate Protection
* Linear Priorities
Note: Only errors by the moderator will invalidate the results.
Note: There is no request geeklist. This is _NOT_ the place to specifically try to acquire games, but an opportunity to trade the games you don't want for other games.
Note: The turkey swap intentionally ends before the submission period to the UG math trade ends, so that you can try to trade your new turkeys there, should you wish.
- [+] Dice rolls