May The Games Be With You - Canadian Math Trade - RESULTS POSTED!
- Daisy Manning(Daezee)Canada
May The Games Be With You - Canadian Math Trade
Discussion Thread: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/526412
Request GeekList: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/54960
On-Line Want List Generator (OLWLG) will be required for this event. If you have any questions regarding the use of the OLWLG, feel free to ask in the discussion thread or via GeekMail.
Please remember to tip JeffyJeff & cokasaki some GG for their programs.
Key Dates & Times (EASTERN TIME - Take Note of AM/PM):
Open for posting games: Immediately until Monday, May 24th (9:00 AM)
Want list submission period: Monday, May 24th (9:00 AM) until Wednesday, May 26th (7:00 AM)
Results about an hour thereafter!
Deadline-Offers: Monday, May 24th, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT
Deadline-Wants: Wednesday, May 26th, 7:00 AM EDT
These dates are non-negotiable and will not be changed. Please try to get your want list in early as it will not be extended due to any downtime.
1) You must have a valid Canadian address to which your items will be shipped (ie. You don't have to be a Canadian to participate; however, you will need to have a Canadian address where the games can be shipped).
2) Do not delete or remove items from your entries once you have submitted them!
If you trade/sell or for any other reason cannot trade the item as listed before the end of the Math Trade, edit the geeklist item and strike out the text (Example:
EXAMPLE; to do this: [ - ] EXAMPLE [ / - ] minus the spaces), change the Game ID to 23953 (Outside the Scope of BGG) and add +altname+ Item Withdrawn/Relisted -altname- and submit a blank wantlist for the item.
You can add items to your entries as sweeteners once they have been listed; however, you may NOT then remove such sweeteners (as someone may have added the item to their list because of said sweetener).
3) Gift certificates, Geekgold, and non Board Game/RPG items are all permitted. Gift certificate and GG arbitrage is NOT permitted. Cash offerings will NOT be permitted.
Gift Certificate & GG arbitrage is when you try to trade a gift certificate or an amount of GG for a higher gift certificate or higher amount of GG respectively. For example, adding a $40 Gift Certificate to your want list for a $25 Gift Certificate. I reserve the right the submit a blank want list on your behalf if you attempt gift certificate or GG arbitrage.
4) Non-game entries (DVDs/CDs/GG/Gift Certificates etc) must be listed as Outside the Scope of BGG (Game ID: 23953), Miscellaneous Game Accessory (Game ID: 5985) or Miscellaneous Game Merchandise (Game ID: 22104) and must include the +altname+ brief description -altname- format in the description of your item. Use of the +altname+ brief description -altname- will only work if one of these is selected as the main item, and will NOT work for sweeteners.
Therefore, if you are offering an expansion for which there is no entry in BGG (for instance expansion cards handed out at Essen) and NOT the base game, you are required use "Miscellaneous Game Accessory" to help avoid confusion.
5) In your entries you are required to describe the condition of the components & box as best as possible for all items you are trading (ie. You are required to describe the condition of games which are New (In Shrink) and any included Sweetners).
It is not acceptable to simply say as pictured. For those who use the OLWLG to add entries they will not see the image. It is always best to grab your game, check the box and just list the publisher/edition in the post.
For games which have multiple languages and editions, you also required to specify the language and edition of your item.
For games which are not being sent in shrink you are required to inventory the components and list anything missing. Do not assume that the game is complete, even if you have never played the game and just removed the shrink.
Please list if the game is coming from a smoke free environment or not.
If the game and/or expansion you are listing is a "Print & Play" you are required to make that clear in the description (give specifics what it was printed on, mounted on, etc).
If you are listing an expansion, and you would like to reference the base game in the description; be clear one way or the other if you are including the base game or not. Do not include a link to the base game unless you are including it (ie. if you include a link to the base game, you will be required to send the base game).
If you do not list a condition, missing components, edition or smoking details the game will be considered to be in excellent to mint condition, complete, English language and from a non-smoking home.
6) Sweeteners are required to be listed using the GAMEID formatting (Example: Coloretto; to do this: [ G A M E I D = XXXX ] minus the spaces). To find the Game ID simply search the game and at the right hand side of the games page is listed the Game ID. For example, Coloretto's game id is 5782. If you don't use this format your sweeteners won't show up in the OLWLG properly.
Do NOT include links to other game's BGG page in your entry unless you are actually including them as a sweetener. Again, if you include a link to a game in your description you will be required to ship that game.
If you would like to include a link to a game you are NOT including; use www.tinyurl.com (or a similiar service) to create a link that will redirect to the game's page (Example: http://tinyurl.com/my4h67 instead of http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/5782 or Coloretto), or use one of the pictures from the game's listing (Example: See Below, to do this: [ I m a g e I D = XXXX ] minus the spaces). To find the Image ID simply search the game, and find the picture you would like to link, at the left hand side of the image page is listed the Image ID. For example, the main image for Coloretto's Image ID is 149765. If you don't use this format your items will show up as sweeteners, and you will be required to ship that game.
7) If you are offering a Pick X number of games from a list you are required to listed it as Outside the Scope of BGG (Game ID: 23953), Miscellaneous Game Accessory (Game ID: 5985) or Miscellaneous Game Merchandise (Game ID: 22104) and must include the +altname+ Pick X -altname- in the description. Use of the +altname+ brief description -altname- will only work if one of these is selected as the main item, and will not work for sweeteners. Therefore if you are allowing a person to pick from multiple sweeteners and are including a specific game; you are required to listed it as Outside the Scope of BGG (Game ID: 23953), Miscellaneous Game Accessory (Game ID: 5985) or Miscellaneous Game Merchandise (Game ID: 22104) and must include the +altname+ GAME NAME + Pick X -altname-.
8) You will be required to cover the full shipping costs for the games you are shipping to any valid Canadian address. If you're shipping and want to pay extra for insurance, without the recipient requesting it, that's your choice and that cost should not be passed on to the recipient without their prior consent. However, if the recipient requests and is willing to pay for priority shipping/insurance, please accommodate accordingly.
9) There is no list cap; therefore, you can submit an unlimited number of items. If there is something you really hope to see someone post; please list it in the Request GeekList.
10) If you've been reported as a bad trader, you cannot participate. If you try to, I will remove your entries. If you see someone posting entries who is a bad trader, please let me know. I reserve the right to submit a blank want list on behalf of any items (though unlikely). If I do submit a blank want list on your behalf; I will notify you via GeekMail.
11) You are NOT permitted include links to where you are selling the item/game (example BGG Marketplace link/E-bay link). This makes your entry look like you are only trying to sell your game and not looking to trade it. As this is a Trade list, items here should be those you are looking to trade not advertise for sale.
12) You will be required to periodically check your entries for Comments, and respond to them as appropriate. The OLWLG will let you know if any of your items have unanswered comments.
13) You will be submitting your want list using the OLWLG.
It is best to work on your want list and submit it early, so you don't miss the deadline. If you need to make changes after it is submitted, you can make the necessary changes and then resubmit it any time during the submission period (this does not cause any extra work for me, so feel free to do this as often as needed).
If you will be unavailable during the want list submission period but still wish to participate, contact me directly and we can discuss alternatives.
Creating want lists is not the same as submitting them. To submit them you will need to click on the "Submit My Wants" button. If you're not sure how to find this, consult the documentation referenced above or ask in the discussion thread. When you submit your want lists, you will receive a confirming GeekMail. If you do not get one, your want lists have not been submitted. Your want lists in the GeekMail may be truncated - this is fine.
Other useful information:
OLWLG Guides: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/30011
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/32005 (Duplicate protection)
Software Used: TradeMaximizer 1.4 with duplicate protection. METRIC=USERS-TRADING
Note: Only errors by the moderator will invalidate the results.
Also in the case that there is a problem after the results are posted, at most it will only invalidate the affected trade chain(s) and not the entire results set. In addition if the problem can be resolved by the most directly affected party or parties, then that is perfectly acceptable.
If you've never used the OLWLG before:
1) Follow this link - http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/bgglogin.cgi
2) Enter your BGG name and click on "Send Now".
3) You will receive a GeekMail containing your own personal link to the new OLWLG.
4) For assistance using the OLWLG please see the links provided above.
- [+] Dice rolls