2010 Summer War Game Math Trade
- Joe LottUnited States
This is a wargame math trade. If you do not know what a math trade is please go to http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/math_trades. The purpose of this math trade will be to trade new and used war games. However, while war games will be the primary focus, you will be allowed a limited posting of non-wargame items based on the rules.
Trade List: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/55689/2010-summer-war-...
Discussion Thread: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/5138962#5138962
On-Line Want List Generator (OLWLG) will be required for this event.
Please remember to tipJeff MichaudUnited States
FloridaCaptain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain ArcherChris Okasaki(cokasaki)United States
Some GG for their programs
KEY DATES (All time in Pacific Standard Time GMT-8)
Opening of games for posting: Sunday June 13th 2010 (Some time in the morning)
Closing of games for posting: Friday June 18th 2010 @ Midnight
Want List Opening: Friday June 18th 2010 @ Midnight (right after the closing of the list, so technically it will be Saturday June 19th)
Want List Closing: Monday June 21st 2010 @ Midnight
That will give a week for posting games.
That will give three days (over the weekend) for posting wants.
Results posted ASAP after closing bell.
1) This math trade is open world wide.
2) All submissions must be wargames with the following exceptions:
>An unlimited # of postings for gift certificates may be made.
>Non-wargame items such as DVD's, non-wargame games, books, etc, are allowed a maximum of 1 non-wargame item for every 1 wargame items submitted by the same user. Gift certificates do NOT count towards this limit for either purpose (they are neutral)
Example: if you submit 5 wargames for trade you may submit 5 non-wargame items.
>War Games are as defined by the Board Game Geek. If you have a question or dispute the ruling of the geek, the moderator can be asked and will make judgement. All judgments are final, no debate.
>Sweeteners are only restricted by the non-allowed items clauses (see below)
The following are NOT allowed:
>Cash or any illegal to own/transport/etc items.
3) Non-game entries (DVDs/CDs/GG/Gift Certificates etc) must be listed as Outside the Scope of BGG (Game ID: 23953), Miscellaneous Game Accessory (Game ID: 5985) or Miscellaneous Game Merchandise (Game ID: 22104) and must include the +altname+ brief description -altname- format in the description of your item. Use of the +altname+ brief description -altname- will only work if one of these is selected as the main item, and will NOT work for sweeteners.
Therefore, if you are offering an expansion for which there is no entry in BGG (for instance expansion cards handed out at Essen) and NOT the base game, you are required use "Miscellaneous Game Accessory" to help avoid confusion
4) NEVER DELETE AN ENTRY: Simply do not enter a want list for it and it will not get traded. You may change it by changing the entry to (GAME ID: 23953) add +altname+ withdrawn -altname-. Do not change the any other text, simply create a
strikethoughon all of it.
5) You are required to describe the condidtion of the components and box as best as possible for all items being traded including sweeteners. This includes completeness of the game or item, condition of individual components etc...Failure to list conditions will be taken as the item is in MINT CONDITION. Complete in all ways, unused, and from a smoke free environment
6) You may include sweeteners, and all sweeteners are exempt from all other submission rules expect those that excluded. You may for example offer a wargame and 3 non-wargames as sweeteners in the same entry.
7) Sweeteners are required to be listed using the GAMEID formatting (Example: PanzerBlitz; to do this: [ G A M E I D = XXXX ] minus the spaces). To find the Game ID simply search the game and at the right hand side of the games page is listed the Game ID. For example, Panzer Blitz's game id is 2238. If you don't use this format your sweeteners won't show up in the OLWLG properly.
Do NOT include links to other game's BGG page in your entry unless you are actually including them as a sweetener. Again, if you include a link to a game in your description you will be required to ship that game.
If you would like to include a link to a game you are NOT including; use www.tinyurl.com (or a similiar service) to create a link that will redirect to the game's page (Example: http://tinyurl.com/ye98k3f instead of http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/2238 or Panzerblitz), or use one of the pictures from the game's listing (Example: See Below, to do this: [ I m a g e I D = XXXX ] minus the spaces). To find the Image ID simply search the game, and find the picture you would like to link, at the left hand side of the image page is listed the Image ID. For example, the main image for Panzer Blitz's Image ID is 260484. If you don't use this format your items will show up as sweeteners, and you will be required to ship that game.
8) For all submissions, you are required to state the specific language and edition if applicable. Non-stated language will be assumed to be ENGLISH.
9) If you are offering a Pick X number of games from a list you are required to use Outside the Scope of BGG (Game ID: 23953)Miscellaneous Game Accessory (Game ID: 5985) or Miscellaneous Game Merchandise (Game ID: 22104) and must include the +altname+ Pick X -altname in the description. Use of the +altname+ brief description -altname- will only work if one of these is selected as the main item, and will not work for sweeteners. Therefore if you are allowing a person to pick from multiple sweeteners and are including a specific game; you are required to listed it as Outside the Scope of BGG (Game ID: 23953), Miscellaneous Game Accessory (Game ID: 5985) or Miscellaneous Game Merchandise (Game ID: 22104) and must include the +altname+ GAME NAME + Pick X -altname .
10) You are required to list you shipping policy clearly. Where you will ship, for how much, etc. No stated policy means that you will ship anywhere in the WORLD for free. There is no minimum required shipping cost, but do realize that people do take that into account.
11) If you have been reported as a bad trader, you can not participate. If you try to, your entries will be removed. If you notice any bad trader entries please inform me. I reserve to right to sumbit blank want enteries for those items. If done so I will inform via Geekmail.
12) You are NOT permitted include links to where you are selling the item/game (example BGG Marketplace link/E-bay link). This makes your entry look like you are only trying to sell your game and not looking to trade it. As this is a Trade list, items here should be those you are looking to trade not advertise for sale.
13) You will be required to periodically check your entries for Comments, and respond to them as appropriate. The OLWLG will let you know if any of your items have unanswered comments.
14) You will be submitting your want list using the OLWLG
It is best to work on your want list and submit it early, so you don't miss the deadline. If you need to make changes after it is submitted, you can make the necessary changes and then resubmit it any time during the submission period (this does not cause any extra work for me, so feel free to do this as often as needed).
If you will be unavailable during the want list submission period but still wish to participate, contact me directly and we can discuss alternatives.
Creating want lists is not the same as submitting them. To submit them you will need to click on the "Submit My Wants" button. If you're not sure how to find this, consult the documentation referenced above or ask in the discussion thread. When you submit your want lists, you will receive a confirming GeekMail. If you do not get one, your want lists have not been submitted. Your want lists in the GeekMail may be truncated - this is fine.
Other Usefull info:
OLWLG Guides: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/30011
OLWLG Bug Reports/Discussion/etc.: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/159648
Software Used (Updated 1/5/10): TradeMaximizer 1.4a with duplicate protection.
Note: Only errors by the moderator will invalidate results.
Also in the case that there is a problem after the results are posted, at most it will only invalidate the affected trade chain(s) and not the entire results set. In addition if the problem can be resolved by the most directly affected party or parties, then that is perfectly acceptable.
If you've never used the OLWLG before:
1) Follow this link - http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/bgglogin.cgi
2) Enter your BGG name and click on "Send Now".
3) You will receive a GeekMail containing your own personal link to the new OLWLG.
4) For assistance using the OLWLG please see the links provided above.
Deadline-Offers: Friday, June 18th, 2010, 11:59 PM PST
Deadline-Wants: Monday, June 21st, 2010, 11:59 PM PST
- [+] Dice rolls