CharCon (WV) 2010 No Ship Math Trade
- Tom HancockUnited States
This No Ship Math Trade for those going to the Charcon game convention. In order to participate in this math trade you MUST be going to Charcon. This math trade is being co-run by Snoozefest and hancock.tom.Recommend
MATH TRADES ARE SIMPLE AND FUN - A Math Trade? What is that?
Discussion and Request Thread: http://boardgamegeek.com/article/5580492#5580492
Dates (all times in EST):
Submissions Open: September 26, 11:00AM
Submissions Close: October 14, 11:59PM
Want List Submission Open: October 15, 12:00AM
Want List Close: October 17 11:59PM
Official Results will be posted on October 19 or before.
Meetup: Saturday, October 23, 1:00PM EST, or another place as agreed to by each trader and receiver.
Location: Outside the board game area at Charcon. Ask for Tom Hancock, or find the Appalachian Gamers Board game area and ask a staff member.
Please read the rules below!
1. This is a No-Ship math trade to be done at Charcon. Anyone is allowed to participate, but must be at Charcon in person to trade. You can send another person to the con to trade, but someone must be there in person.
2. There is no list cap; therefore, you can submit an unlimited number of items. If there is something you really hope to see someone post, please list it in the Request GeekList.
2. OLWLG (JeffyJeff's program) will be used. Participants are required to use it. (please remember to tip JeffyJeff some GG for his support).
3. The board game area will be the default meeting place, and 1pm on Saturday will be the default meeting time. However, traders (those trading away games) and receivers (those getting the games) may contact each other and set up their own time and location to trade/receive games. Please do this before Charcon begins, or be present for at least ten minutes at the board game area at 1pm.
4. In the event that one cannot make it to Charcon (for whatever reason) or is not able to meet up, and cannot have someone else bring their items, then they will be required to ship the packages to the other person. The cost of the shipping rates will be fully on the person who failed to show up at Charcon or who missed the trade time. In other words, if the trader is not at Charcon or cannot meet up, then they will pay for shipping. If the receiver cannot get to Charcon or cannot meet up, they pay the shipping. If you both miss it, shipping will be split.
5. Anything is allowed to be traded within the rules set by BGG. No cash and nothing illegal. Gift certificates and geekgold are fine.
6. Sweeteners are to be listed using the GAMEID formatting. If you don't use this format your sweeteners won't show up in the OLWLG properly.
7. Non-game entries must be added as "Outside the Scope of BGG" (game id 23953), "Miscellaneous Game Accessory" (game id 5985) or "Miscellaneous Game Merchandise" (game id 22104) and must include the +altname+ brief description -altname- format in the description of your item.
If you are offering an expansion for which there is no entry in BGG (for instance expansion cards handed out at Essen) and NOT the base game, please use "Miscellaneous Game Accessory" to help avoid confusion.
8. Please do NOT include links to other games in your entry unless you are actually including them as a sweetener, as this is displayed in a misleading manner by the OLWLG.
9. Do NOT delete any items from the list. If you wish to remove an item, put DELETED NOT TRADING in the description and submit an empty want list for it. If you delete it, you will screw up the numbering.
10. If you've been reported as a bad trader, you cannot participate. If you try to, I will remove your entries. If you see someone posting entries who is a bad trader, please let me know.
11. Finally - you are expected to periodically check during the item submission period, and preferably during the want list submission period, to see if anyone has commented on your entries. People often ask questions of items - most commonly because you have forgotten to state a version, language or shipping policy - and you should check in to address such questions in a timely manner should they arise, so that everyone then has the correct information available.
This is a very easy thing to do. Just click on "My Geek", then "Contributions" and finally on "GeekList Items". You will then be able to see your items without having to find them in the trade GeekList along with any comments that people have made. You will only need to go back to the trade GeekList to make adjustments or answer questions if there were any.
Also, the OLWLG program will tell you if you have unanswered comments AND you can "subscribe" through BGG messages. Easy!
If you have any questions, please feel free to PM hancock.tom.
All posted items must have the following format so it is clearly defined what is being traded:
Condition: This should be described as accurately as possible. If games are not in shrink, please inventory to ensure all pieces are there or list out which ones are missing. Do not assume all pieces are there!
Language: Language the game is in.
Edition/Publisher: The edition or publisher of the game
Comments: Any misc comments on it.
Other useful information
OLWLG Guides: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/30011
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/32005 (Duplicate protection)
Software Used: TradeMaximizer 1.4 with duplicate protection. SEED=1234567, ITERATIONS=100, METRIC=USERS-TRADING
List Cap: None
Maximum Submissions Per User: Unlimited
Users may not post more geekgold than they currently have. Geekgold arbitrage is not allowed.
Deadline-Offers: October 14, 2010 11:59 PM EDT
Deadline-Wants: October 17, 2010 11:59PM EDT
- [+] Dice rolls