LobsterTrap 2010 Math Trade - Results Posted
- Dan Blum(tool)United States
If you have no idea what a Math Trade is: In a nutshell, it's a way to trade a whole lot of games amongst a whole lot of people without requiring that they trade directly with each other. A computer algorithm ensures fairness and removes risk: you're only going to get what you say you want.
Please do not delete any items from the geeklist!
Deadline to add games: 9:00 PM Eastern Time on Wednesday, November 3rd.
Want Lists Due: 9:00 PM Eastern Time on Saturday, November 6th.
Results Posted: No later than Sunday, November 7th.
Trade Happens: @ Lobster Trap (given the moderate size of the event, each participant is responsible for delivering the games that they are trading to the recipients).
Deadline-Offers: Wednesday, November 3rd, 2010, 9:00 PM EDT
Deadline-Wants: Saturday, November 6th, 2010, 9:00 PM EDT
We will be using Jeff Michaud's OLWLG (On-Line Want List Generator) for both generating and submitting want lists - see: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/159648/page/1. Please note that want lists must be submitted through Jeff's tool; this makes running the trade much easier.
Restrictions and Policy:
* This Math Trade is open only to people attending Lobster Trap 2010.
* Restrictions on items: Only games are allowed as main items. Other items are allowed as sweeteners; cash and gift certificates are NOT allowed as sweeteners.
* Duplicates: Allowed.
* Maximimum number of items listed: As many as you're willing to haul to Woburn.
* Wantlist restrictions: None (we'll be using TradeMaximizer, which doesn't require them).
* Please accurately describe the condition of your items, and note the language.
* We will be using Users Trading as the tiebreaker, with 100 iterations using seed 8600034.
* Duplicate protection is enabled; see http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/32005 for how-to instructions
* If you no longer wish to trade an item, it is preferable to simply add a comment saying that you will be submitting a blank want list, changing the item to "Outside the scope of BGG", and changing the description to:
+altname+ Removed -altname-
How to add games to the math trade: Click on "Add Item" at the bottom of the header, choose "Game", and type the name of the game, selecting it from the list if there are multiple matches.
And discussion or requests should be posted as comments to this geeklist. I will not be setting up either a discussion thread or a request list. Do note that OLWLG does show which items are wanted but not being offered.
For more details or math trades, check out Lindsey's Guide to Math Trades: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/93555; it's somewhat dated, but covers the general concept quite well.
Also available is the Math Trades for Dummies primer: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/287152
- [+] Dice rolls