Madison, WI Area Winter 2011 No-Ship Math Trade
- Peter Mateja(ThePilot)United States
Dahmen's Pizza Place to participate in the trade. This coincides with the scheduled monthly Saturday game day for Guilded Chaos, which starts at 12pm. I'd like to get trades handled a bit earlier so we don't interrupt their gaming, so please try to be there early.
Deadline For Game Submissions: 10:00 PM Central Time on Sunday, January 30th Want Lists Due: 10:00 PM Central Time on Sunday, February 6th
Trade Happens: 11:30 AM Central Time on Saturday, February 12th @ Dahmen's Pizza Place in Madison, WI
Trade Request Geeklist: Madison, WI Area Winter 2011 No-Ship Math Trade Request List
Discussion Forum: Madison, WI Area Winter 2011 No-Ship Math Trade Discussion Forum
Brief Rules and Information:
Below is the official list of game submissions into the trade. You must be a BGG member to post items (for those of you coming to this from outside BGG). The request list linked to above can be used as a guide to what others here might want to trade for, but feel free to add any / all items you think might have a chance.
This will be a pretty standard math trade, using OLWLG to handle generating want lists, and TradeMaximizer to do the heavy lifting of determining how all the trades should happen. If you haven't done a math trade yet, check out http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/93555/math-trade-guide for an excellent introduction to the topic.
It's important to understand the core concepts of math trading, and especially make sure that you understand how the want list works. If so, you will never be forced to make a trade you didn't intend to make, and worst case, you simply won't be involved in any trades.
Another note: Since we'll be using OLWLG, once I've got this setup, feel free to start building your want lists earlier rather than later, and plan on checking for new entries every day or so during game submission. Doing so can really save you from having to deal with that monster 200 item want list session the night want lists are due.
1. Let's keep the trading generally limited to board, card and RPG games in BGG. However, if you do have an item which you think would appeal to others in this trade, such as video games, media or other accessories, feel free to list it according to your discretion. Geekgold can certainly be used to sweeten entries, as has been brought up in past trade discussions.
2. Special entries (unlisted game, game component or non game item) must be added using "Outside the Scope of BGG" (Game ID 23953). Make sure to use the +altname+ brief description -altname- format in the description of your item for it to properly show up in the OLWLG.
3. Sweetners are to be listed using the "Insert Geek Link" dropdown menu or manually inserted using the GAMEID link. If you don't follow this format your sweetners will not show up in the OLWLG.
4. You must describe the condition of your games as accurately as possible. This includes both the box and it's contents. Please check all your entries to make sure they are complete, and if not, make a special note of any missing items, damage, etc.
5. You must clearly state the editions and languages of all games posted. Do not just state "edition as posted", as pictures do not show up in the OLWLG.
Do NOT delete any entries after they have been submitted. Just include a blank wantlist for that particular item instead, to ensure that it won't be involved in trades.Update: According the the OLWLG wiki page, deleting items on the trade geeklist is ok. It won't break anything, and indeed might help to cleanup the offers list.
7. Please do NOT include links to any other games (or items) in your entries, so that they are not misleadingly displayed as sweetners in the OLWLG.
8. Use of the On-Line Want List Generator (OLWLG) is required for submissions. Refer to the following document for help:
I'll be available for questions (on the discussion forum please), and I'm sure we'll have other's in the trade familiar with OLWLG as well. If you haven't used it, once you get past the hurdles of the slightly odd interface, it makes life much easier.
9. Duplicate protection is enabled; see http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/32005 for how-to instructions. If you don't understand what this is, please ask (once explained it makes sense), as it can guarantee that you don't get multiple copies of the same game in trades.
10. In person trade: Please plan on attending game day on Saturday, February 12th at 11:30am @ Dahmen's Pizza Place in Madison, WI, or if unable, please arrange to have a proxy handle your games (and please let me know if this will be the case.) Bring all your outgoing trade items, clearly labeled with the name of the target person.
11. Any other questions or issues, please discuss in discussion forum.
Software Used: TradeMaximizer 1.4 (with duplicate protection) SEED=1234567, ITERATIONS=100, METRIC=USERS-TRADING
Other Useful Links:
Math Trades for Dummies primer: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/287152
Deadline-Offers: Sunday, January 30th, 2011, 10:00 PM CDT
Deadline-Wants: Sunday, February 6th, 2011, 10:00 PM CDT
- [+] Dice rolls