I Need to do Something - A Jack Vasel Auction - CLOSED! - PLEASE CHECK FOR CONFIRMATION OF PAYMENTS
As things wind down, here are some updated stats as of 2/28/2011:
Total donations received so far look to be $38,985.96.
543 different payments were made so far out of 547.
From all the donors & winners of all items, there was 581 unique BGG members (including all 142 donations to item #16)
Great Job, Gamers!
Thanks to KAS for the stats.
Please join me in giving a nod of appreciation to our co-coordinators:
He was setting up an auction for the Vasels at the same time yesterday. I did not know he was doing that and just happen to scoop him. He has kindly consented to help out here. Thank you, Neil.
Has agreed to arrange for non-game donations. He will help with other tasks as well. It was Kent who came up with the original idea for the BGG support drive. He has been an inspiration to me since I joined. Thank you, Kent.Ryan Metzler(slaqr)United States
Wisconsin"Wuhhh... I think so, Brain, but if a ham can operate a radio, why can't a pig set a VCR?"
He invited entries from AEG, Mayday and Indie Boards and Cards. Thanks to him and the generous contributors.RacNRoll GamingUnited States
He put a call out to some designers and artists to make donations to the auction. John Kovalic answered the call.
All of these gentlemen are great help. Please show them your appreciation with thumbs and kind words.
I have been reading the news about Jack Vasel and I am heartsick. There is a thread that discusses the situation but I honestly don't know what to say. I only have thoughts, concern and prayers.
I will administrate this auction and give the Vasel family the money.
I wish I could do more - much more - but this is the most constructive thing I can think to do of at the moment.
Feel free to add your items to the list. I just added this list to RPGG and VGG.
Please bid generously.
This auction ends on Monday, February 7, 2011 at 9 pm - Central Time Zone.
To put an item in this auction:
1) Scroll up to the top of the geeklist (above the first actual game entry, below this header).
2) Click on the Add Item link
3) Select Board Game (or VideoGame or Designer or whatever) on the page that appears.
4) Enter the game name in the name field and select the appropriate game from the drop down list that appears.
5) Type in game condition and shipping information in the comments section and click on the Submit button.
When the auction ends:
I have received many questions on how to process a donated item when this auction ends. Here is what I can think of so far:
1) The thread will be announced as closed at 9 pm - Central Time Zone - on Monday, February 7, 2011
2) I will announce the winner for each item.
3) I will email each winner with instructions for payment.
4) Once payment is received, I will post that information on the item.
5) The generous person who donated the item and the recipient can then work out the shipping details. Please pay shipping costs to the person who donated the game/item.
6) I will then give all the money to Tom Vasel.
7) I will ask Tom Vasel to post a comment on this list confirming that he received all the money.
8) If this does not work or if I forgot something, please geekmail me. Thank you.
If you have any questions please contact me, not Tom Vasel. He announced that he is taking a rest.Blott wrote:One more opportunity to honor the memory of Jack...In Memory of Jack VaselPlease join in this BGG memorial.Octavian wrote:Cate,Check out this Chunk of Awesome:
Can you add something big and noticeable to the header of the Vasel auction (and perhaps to the end comments as well) instructing people to NOT go through the Marketplace with the final transactions. We do not want to take our 3% commission on these. If they want to put it through BGG have them arrange it as a trade.
-MMMrvinyard wrote:I modified the script I wrote for the 20 Most Anticipated Games list and posted this: Jack Vasal Auction Summary----------------------------------------
1) Please pay using this address, email@example.com, via PayPal. THIS PAYMENT IS ONLY FOR THE ITEM. Note: This is a PayPal account for Neil Wehneman, who is serving (pro bono) as the Vasels' lawyer for the purpose of gathering the money for this auction. Don't worry, ALL the funds will go directly to the Vasels!
2) When paying with PayPal, be sure to declare this a "gift" under personal payment. That way, Tom Vasel will not have to pay fees to PayPal.
3) Also, please pay for one item at a time. We know this seems inefficient but it will really help the five of us process the items correctly.
4) Put the item number and your BGG username is the subject heading of the email. This is VERY IMPORTANT! We have 500 items to process. Failure to do this will slow down confirming the payment and getting the item to you.
5) Your payment will be confirmed on a post on this geeklist item.
6) Once your payment is confirmed, send your mailing address to the donor of your item via geekmail. Shipping costs should be discussed and handled through the donor.
7) Please allow adequate time for us to process, manage, and reply to payments. We are handling a large amount of items, with a large amount of donors and a large amount of recipients. We will do our best to handle things in a timely manner.
8) If you have any questions, concerns or complaints, please geekmail them to Cate108.
Thank you for supporting the Vasel family. This gaming community is amazing.
- [+] Dice rolls