MetaList for GeekList AUCTIONS
This MetaList is a current collection of Active GeekList Auctions. By posting your auction here, all subscribers will be notified of your sales.
BGG is a great avenue for finding the board games that you want. Most players take care of their games allowing for decent re-sale value. However, BGG in its current state is not an ideal place to host an auction. The community has developed a work around to make this feasible for as many people as possible. Because of the limitations, certain guidelines are needed. Please follow the rules below for all roles that are applicable to you.
*** IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS ***
Instructions for Sellers wrote:
After you have created your GeekList Auction, please post a single GeekList item linked directly to your auction GeekList. At the bottom of this header do the following: "Add Item > GeekList > enter GeekListID #" (The GeekList ID # can be found as the series of numbers in the URL of your auction.)
Please include the following:
* End date (in bold or highlighted text)
* Any or all Items listed in the auction (you may use the GeekList ImageID to highlight an item)
* Indicate in your own GeekList that BGG is to get their 3% commission and that your list is NOT set to private (other wise it will appear as not existing to us)
* Any other relevant information or special exceptions to your auction, such as...
** Shipping restrictions (US Only? Local Pick-up available?),
** Payment options (Buy-it-Now prices? PayPal only?)
** Trades considered, etc.
Please modify the content of your GeekList Item ONLY ONCE (preferably within 24 hours remaining in your auction). This will notify all people that are subscribed to this MetaList.
For additional information, corrections, or reminders of end times, please only post as a NEW COMMENT to your GeekList Item.
Be advised that if you break this rule, you will most likely receive GeekMail(s) reminding you of this guideline. Multiple infractions will result in your GeekList Item being deleted from the MetaList.
Once the auction has been completed for a few days, please delete your GeekList Item on this MetaList so this MetaList can remain free of old content (do NOT edit it to mark it "CLOSED").
Editing the title of YOUR GeekList to show it is closed is the best way to notify the community your Auction is closed. You should not delete your GeekList until all items have been received by bidders and any issues resolved.
If you plan on doing a follow-up auction of unsold items, you may either post a new entry (preferred) or modify the original (indicating it is a new auction in the posting). Periodically, the list will be scrubbed of auctions that have been closed for several days.
It is requested (but not required) that you link this MetaList in the comment section of your auction. This will help advertise this MetaList to the benefit of future sellers just as those that came before have helped you! This is GeekListID# 66420.
If any thing is unclear or you have a question, please contact me via GeekMail prior to posting your Auction here.
Instructions for Potential Bidders wrote:
If you would like to be notified of new auctions, please subscribe to this MetaList
* If you do not want to be notified of comments, you will need to modify the subscription by clicking the down arrow to the right of "Unsubscribe" in the header, then clicking on "Edit Subscription", then selecting "No" as a drop down under "Comment"; or try this link: https://boardgamegeek.com/subscription/edit/feed/geeklist/66...
** This is strongly recommended if you do not want the "noise" generated by user comments. * Please also click the above link or "Edit Subscription" below to ensure that your personal default for "GeekList Item" does not resolve to "No" despite having subscribed. Otherwise you may not be notified of new auctions.
* If you would like to be notified of new information of a specific auction, please also subscribe to that specific GeekList Item.
This will override the general subscription setting of the MetaList. Any comment to that item will notify of the new content.
* User jdludlow" built a tool that consolidates all of the auctioned games that can be found on this MetaList. You can search for your own username, and then you'll only see those auctions for games on your wishlist. Save the RSS feed into your news reader if you're so inclined.
** Auction Aggregator* For discussion relevant to the general auction process, please comment at the bottom of this MetaList only or Geeklist Auction Discussion Thread. For discussion relevant to a specific auction, please comment under that specific GeekList Item as well.
Miscellaneous Instructions wrote:
* Please only add a GeekList Item if it is your
auction. Sellers should have control of their own info. Instead, invite them to this thread to advertise.
* The rules included here are meant as a guideline for posting to this MetaList. For further guidelines on creating auctions, please see the wiki: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/GeekList_auction
* Feel free to comment under any items but realize that each comment will trigger all those subscribed to that item
. Please keep it on point. It would be better to post any questions to the auction itself so anyone monitoring just that auction sees the discussion.
* If you want to comment on something posted under an auction that is not relevant to most subscribers (including rule infractions or discussing the infraction), consider sending a polite and private GeekMail instead in order to avoid triggering a subscription notification
* As manager of this list, I reserve the right to make adjustments to the MetaList when deemed necessary. By posting on this MetaList, you are accepting these terms & conditions.
Frankfurt am Main
Meat is for pussies!
Karma is a funny thing.
I am running a monthly charity auction.
Every month I am listing at least one game.
The money raised by the auction, will every month be donated to a different help organization.
Aim of the geeklist is to put different help organizations into spotlight and encourage fellow geeks to donate for the good cause.
Running time: Auctions start on the first of the particular month and ends on the last of the same month.
Every listed game comes with free worldwide shipping.
There is no reserve on the items.
Won items can be paid by bank transfer, paypal or amazon.de gift voucher.
The complete amount raised by the auctions will go to the help organizations. Shipping costs and BGG fees are on me.
Geeklist Items so far:
- June 2014 Kingdom Builder
- July 2014 I'm the Boss!
- August 2014 Diamonds Club to raise money for Ingenieure ohne Grenzen
Please spread the word and join in bidding.
Public Service Announcement:
It is necessary to amend the rules of the MetaList for GeekList AUCTIONS. Due to the ongoing subscription notifications, I am reluctant to make modifications. Instead, I am going to maintain the official rules on this thread ("MetaList for GeekList AUCTIONS" Rules and Discussion Page) and link the following posts in the header. The main header will probably have some tl;dr rules with instruction to go to the thread for the full rules.
In addition, this will now also be the home for any and all discussion in regards to the MetaList. If there are any questions about the MetaList in general, application of rules, reporting of rules violations, suggested updates, it should be posted in the thread. Any comments for specific auctions can be directed under those entries, though I hope those remain at a minimum.
The first several posts are the current rules broken down by category. Updates will be a work in progress over the next few weeks. Once I feel they are ready enough to go live, I'll make a final edit to the header above, link to the thread and clean up the header. In the meantime, feel free to make any rule modification suggestions in the thread.
Probably the most needed update is the Auction Aggregator link and what, if anything, should replace it.
I'll let this entry cycle through the MetaList and remove it sometime after it has made its way to the top.
"MetaList for GeekList AUCTIONS" Rules and Discussion Page
So one of my new year aspirations is to cull my collection of all non-soloable games. I consider most of these gateway-level so if you're just starting out your collection and/or you're fortunate enough to have at least one other person in your life who will play games with you, my loss is your gain.
Ends January 25th
1. Behind the Throne
2. Blend Off!
3. Century: Spice Road
4. City of Spies: Estoril 1942
8. Dastardly Dirigibles
9. Dead Man's Draw
10. Fairy Tale
11. Firefly: Tall Card
14. The Game
15. Green Box of Games
17. Iliad: Heroes of Troy
20. Lagoon: Land of Druids
21. Love Letter
22. Machi Koro + Harbor expansion
23. Masters Gallery
24. Scoundrel Society 23:28:12
25. Space Hulk: Death Angel – The Card Game
27. Stellar Conflict
28. Tara: Ireland's Royal Board Game
29. Tides of Madness
30. Trickster: Champions of Time
33. Uluru: Neuer Tumult am Ayers Rock
34. Unlock! Squeek & Sausage
35. VivaJava: The Coffee Game: The Dice Game
** US only and local pick-up (92336 or 91748) available
** Paypal accepted
** Trades considered
Quest for Holy Grail Game Auction! Featuring: Puerto Rico Limited Anniversary Edition, Strasburg (Brand New in shrink), Champions of Midgard: The Dark Mountains (Brand New), Loopin' Louie (Brand New) etc. Ends Sunday, January 20th
*NEW GAMES ADDED*
Flowerpower Kosmos 2p
1) All items will be listed in US Dollars. Please bid in whole dollars. (Games will be shipped within 3 days of auction end).
2) Auction closes Sunday, January 20th. All items will ship from Winnipeg, Canada R2C 2X9.
3) Local pickup is acceptable
4) I accept payment via paypal, interac e-transfer, or cash for local pickup
5) All games come from a smoke free home and are well taken care of
6) The condition is listed for all games
7) Every item will have a soft reserve and/or BIN.
8) On rare occasions, games may be traded or sold offline
9) New games may be added to the auction.
10) I reserve the right to extend the auction on rare occasions.
11) If you have any questions or concerns, please post or Geekmail me.
12) Of course, all transactions will go through BGG (so that it gets it's 3%.). I LOVE BGG!
The one, the only, THE GUS!
Everything must go!
My goal is to end this auction with a bid on EACH ITEM!
Included in this Auction:
And MANY More!
Behold! The $5 Purge-O-Rama!
All items start at $5!
All items ship from Buffalo, NY!
Items may be added later, but currently includes:
The Road to Canterbury
Halunken Und Spelunken
Star Wars Destiny
Rattle Battle Grab the Loot
Star Trek Panic
Poop: The Game
CSI: Crime Scene Investigation Booster Pack #1
Pirates on the High Seas
Murder on the Cosmic Express
Dice Throne Season 2: Gunslinger Vs. Samurai
Mr. Bacon's Big Adventure
The X-Files: Circle of Truth
Zeus on the Loose
Auction to sell most of my games to make room for a nursery.
Auction ends 1/19
Buyer pays shipping from 97202, local pick up welcome.
Star Wars: The Card Game Collection
Beowulf The Game
Steam + Expansion #1
Betrayal at House on the Hill
King of Tokyo + Power Up Expansion
Arkham Horror Card Game
Advanced Squad Leader Starter Kit #1
Legendary Marvel Deck Builder
Mars Need Mechanics Kickstarter Edition
Ends 1/26 in the evening, CST.
Game and Promo Auction - CMON Expo Promos, Games, and Other Stuff
Includes Pocket Dragon promos, CMON Exclusives, and Deluxe Games
Auction ends on 1/20
Items have low starting bids, and most have a BIN
This auction is for a set of Zooloretto + all big box expansions + 6 mini expansions in great condition and original packaging.
END Date: 1/21/19 8 PM - 9PM EST
Shipping: US only or local pickup
Payment: Paypal or Cash if local
EDIT: End date time adjusted. Also, BIN price has been lowered.
Auction to end all Auctions! Less than 12 hours left! 1/20/19 11pm cst
Star Trek Ascendancy
Escape From 100 Million BC
Founders of Gloomhaven
A Column of Fire
Tesla vs Edison: War of Currents
Lords of Xidit
Fire in the Lake
World's Fair 1893
Godfather: A New Don
The Mines of Zavandor
1500: The New World +Expansions
WarFighter WW2 + expansions
Planet of the Apes
Room Party+Furcon expansion
Blood Bowl Team Manager: The Card Game
Cutthroat Caverns+ Fresh Meat exp.
Hit Z Road
Cadwallon: City of Thieves
1st and Goal+4 expansions
Space Cadet: Away Missions
10 Days in USA
Way of the Panda
1750: Britain vs France
Thunder Alley+ Crew Chief exp.
Fanhunter: Urban Warfare
League of Six
They Come Unseen
Archipelago + Solo
Justice League Hero Dice: Superman
Justice League Hero Dice: Batman
FINAL DAY, FINAL HOURS!
Celebrate the start of the New Year with some great game deals.
Blue Moon City
Defenders of the Realm
Great Western Trail
Legends of Andor
Roll for the Galaxy
Super Dungeon Explore
Buyer pays for shipping, and shipping is to the continental U.S. only. I'll generally ship USPS, unless there's a need for a different shipper. If you need a specific type of shipping, such as one-day delivery or priority mail, please let me know ahead of time. Shipping is from zip code 77007. If you're local to the Houston, Texas area, I'm also happy to do local pickup; please feel free to reach out to me directly to coordinate. Items will be bundled for shipping if you win multiple items.
All entries will have a starting bid and a buy-it-now (BIN). The starting bid is the minimum price at which the item will sell. All bids need to be in whole dollars.
PayPal payment is preferred. If, for some reason, you do not use or are uncomfortable with PayPal, please feel free to reach out to me regarding alternative payment methods. Cash is accepted for local pickup.
This auction will run until Monday, January 21st, 2019, and will end at 9:30 p.m. CST. Bids after 9:00pm CST on 1/21 will extend the auction for that item by 15 minutes until there have been no bids for a 15 minute period.
Transactions will take place through the marketplace, so that BGG will get its 3% commission.
Thank you for your time and consideration, and please let me know if you have any questions regarding these rules or any of the listed item
Over 70 games from 3 different users.
Ends Jan 20th.
Shipping at buyers cost.
Prices in Canadian Dollars (currently equivalent to 0.75 USD), take advantage of the weak Canadian dollar!
Some games include:
Mechs vs. Minions
The Grimm Forest
Cleopatra and the Society of Architects
Ticket to Ride: Nordic Countries
Agricola: Family Edition
Hardback and Paperback
Blood Rage: 5th Player Extras – Kickstarter Exclusives
Stronghold (2nd edition)
Tash-Kalar: Arena of Legends
Everyday it get a little easier. But you gotta do it everyday. That's the hard part. But it does get easier.
I am auctioning my whole Rum&Bones collection, which is in mint condition. Come check it out!
Auction Location: Houston, BC
Auction End: Jan 20th
Also for sale:
Dead of Winter
Shipwrights of the North Sea
Kingdom Builder: Marshlands
Auction closes tomorrow! Check it out if you haven't!!
Ends in around 24 hours! US only Shipping/local pickup from 40701
-Smash Up collection
-Monster Lands retail
-Burgle Bros w/promo, tower, and organizers
-Sheriff of Nottingham w/ Merry Men