From the back of the book:
The time has come for the heroes to take their places as true pirate lords. But doing so will require more than a ship, a scallywag crew, and a hold full of plunder—they’ll need to win the esteem of the Hurricane King himself. If they succeed, they’ll earn the right to claim even greater glory by participating in the Free Captains’ Regatta, a grueling race along the fringes of the mighty hurricane called the Eye of Abendego. The winners receive a fat prize purse, their own private island, and a seat on the Pirate Council of the Shackles. Will the adventurers triumph against fierce competitors, old rivals, and the treacherous winds and currents of the Eye? Or will their ship be claimed by the storm, a doom that’s befallen so many before them?
This volume of Pathfinder Adventure Path includes:
- Tempest Rising, a Pathfinder RPG adventure for 7th-level characters, by Matthew Goodall.
- Details on the infamous pirate lords of the Shackles and new rules for storms at sea, by Tork Shaw.
- A gazetteer of the infamous pirate city of Port Peril, by Liz Courts.
- Ghosts and cyclopes in the Pathfinder’s Journal, by Robin D. Laws.
- Five new monsters, by Jesse Benner, Ryan Costello, Philip Minchin, and Tork Shaw.