From on-line store description:
The 40-ton slow pinnace derives its name from the fact that it incorporates a smaller maneuver drive in order to carry more passengers and/or cargo. The trade-off design is cheaper and easier to maintain than the ordinary pinnace, which makes it popular with less technologically advanced systems throughout charted space. This book contains six variants on the same basic design, and includes deckplans (scaled at 1/2" = 1.5 meters) and game ratings for Classic Traveller, MegaTraveller, and GURPS Traveller.
In addition to the standard, unmodified vessel, this book describes:
- The Passenger variant converts most of the vessel's cargo space into an additional thirty-two passenger seats (for a total of forty-eight).
- The Cargo variant dispenses with all but four of the passenger seats, converting the remainder of the on-board space into a cargo hold.
- The Long Haul variant, modifies the cargo configuration for long trips, using part of the cargo hold to add "hot bunks" for a relief crew.
- The Tanker variant, incorporates a fuel skimmer on the ventral surface near the bow, and converts most of the passenger and cargo bay to fuel tankage.
- The Evac variant, converts most of the passenger and cargo bay to emergency low berths, changing the pinnace to an emergency evacuation vessel for use by space stations and other deep space facilities in case of an emergency.