From publisher blurb:
The GM's guide provides the secret background and more in depth detail about the setting of The Camelot Cosmos including organisations, history, artefacts, persons of import, the realms and a quest/mission generator and guide.
This book details the Camelot Cosmos, a section of space containing a collection of planets which have been very heavily influenced by the Arthurian legends of King Arthur, Merlin, Uther Pendragon, Lancelot and all the other characters familiar to us from the literature of Sir Thomas Mallory and the romances of the Middle Ages. These legends have, however, been confused with real people and events in the imagined history of the setting so that the understanding of the deeds of King Arthur held by a well-informed reader today may differ markedly from the legend as presented in these pages.
Imagine a world where loyal knights of King Gawain XXIII fight an endless battle against the android soldiers of an undying Morgan le Fay.
Imagine a world where magical Doors transport spies and armies between distant planets in the blink of an eye and where thousands of humans from a lost technological civilisation sleep in cryogenic stasis deep beneath the surface of a green and pleasant land.
Imagine a future that sees our own time as a lost golden age, and that is slowly rebuilding human civilisation after its near extinction.
Imagine a world where monks pick through irradiated shopping centres for the secrets of the ancients, and where skill in the joust can decide a man’s social status.
Imagine Arthurian knights in space, and you have some sense of what the Camelot Cosmos is intended to be.
The Camelot Cosmos GMs Guide offers even more information on the genre-busting Camelot Cosmos setting. The GMs book contains tons of information ensuring that GMs can fully describe this exciting setting and all the politics and places within it. In this book you will find a huge number of plot seeds and secrets designed to make campaign creation easier. The setting is fully described and GMs can:
- Learn the true history behind the Days of Gedd and the destruction of the First Empire.
- Discover the secrets of the Key NPCs of the setting.
- Learn the aims and plots of 20 powerful Organisations.
- Use the Relic Creation Tables to create new magic items.
- Reward players with Quest-linked special powers as they advance through various factions.
- Use the Name, Patron, Villain, Quest and Location Tables of the Adventure Creation System to create endless and varied adventures.
- Read full descriptions of 50 existing Artefacts including the legendary Moon Grail and Excalibar.