From publisher blurb:
Within this file:
- 54 Living Languages and a random table to determine your character's homeland and starting language.
- 35 Extinct Languages and DCs for researching and deciphering them.
- Magical Languages and an overview of the three cultures of magic (Egyptian, Minoan, and Mitanni).
- A full color, highly detailed map of the campaign world!
- Plenty of information on the history and cultures of the setting
- Expanded realistic rules for learning and comprehension of language
- 4 characters from Amazons Vs Valkyries introduced as examples (Tora, Seyeh, Kara, and Padia).
- Sacred Languages, Secret Languages, Sign Languages, Rogue Languages, Trade Languages, and more!
- New feats for languages including Demagoguery, Polyglot, and Hyperpolyglot.
- 12 game seeds and plot hooks involving language
- Dozens of sample character names (and their meanings) organized by culture.
This file provides an overview of 89 different languages (not counting dialects and cants). It covers secrets that may be learned from studying different extinct languages and discusses the development, prevalence, and usage of living languages in the Amazons Vs Valkyries setting.
Expanded rules for learning and comprehension are included that create five levels of proficiency (Non-proficient, Bits and Fragments, Basic Comprehension, Fluent, and Mastery) which reflect the real world classifications of language skill.
Language families, their dialects, and relationships are discussed and related to the rules on learning and comprehension, making it easier for characters to learn languages that are related to languages they already know, and harder to learn languages that are completely foreign to them.
Although designed for Amazons Vs Valkyries, these languages and rules can be adapted to nearly any other OGL game, providing a whole new layer of depth, detail, and verisimilitude.
Pick this supplement up today and bring your Amazons Vs Valkyries game to life with realistic, detailed languages that can confuse, frustrate, and confound your PCs!