This second edition corebook expands on the history of the steampunk game setting from the first edition and also incorporates a new rules engine.
The game is set in an alternate history 1867 where magic exists, demi-humans like Dwarves and Eldren (elves) mingle with humans, airships ply the skies, Russia is a matriarchy, and the old religions still have power. However, the class, gender and racial struggles of our own 19th century are still central to live in Victoriana.
This core rulebook includes sections on:
- An introduction to roleplaing
- Science and Steampower
- Background on countries of the world
- Heresy Game system overview
- Character Creation rules
- Dramatic Systems
- Weapons, Commodities, and Lifestyles
- Magic and Mediums
- Running the Game
- Supporting Cast (collection of NPCs and Monsters)
- 'Spirtual Matters' (an adventure)
- Appendixes for converting characters from 1st edition, running high level characters, and suggested source material for research on the Victorian era.