Dual system sourcebook for Legend of the Five Rings and Oriental Adventures examining the Crane Clan in Rokugan. Something of a sequel to the Way of the Crane, it brings the description up to date with the metaplot timeline of L5R 2e. While these volumes contain player options and information, they're primarily a GM resource as spoiler information and secrets are interspersed throughout the text.
"In all things, there must be excellence." - Doji Yasuyo, Crane Clan Heroine.
Secrets of the Crane is an intricately detailed sourcebook containing a wealth of information for campaigns involving the Crane Clan. Provinces, customs, history, and important individuals are aptly explored in greater depth than in the past. This book not only serves as a player's guide to being a Crane, but also as a GM's guide for creating adventures set in Crane territories. Includes a special Secrets chapter containing the revealed mysteries of the Crane. This book updates the story through the current expansion of the CCG arc.
- Compatible with the traditional Alderac game system and the popular d20 system.
- New options for campaigns and character creation assures that product appeals to both players and GMs.
- Setting information can be easily removed and placed in any setting, appealing to non-L5R d20 fans.
- Contains new fiction and new background information featuring popular L5R characters.
- Strong continuity with the L5R CCG.
"We are the children of Lady Doji, first in all things. Excellence is our past, our present, our future. Others hate and fear us only because they can never achieve what we have been given." -Doji Kurohito, Crane Clan Champion.
Secrets of the Crane explores the paragons of honor and civility, the Crane Clan. Where others see weakness, however, the Crane have strength held in reserve to crush those who dare oppose them.
Within, you will find:
- An examination of the unique traditions, philosophies, and holdings of each of the Crane families: the Asahina, Daidoji, Doji, Kakita, and Yasuki.
- Mechanics for many groups within the clan, such as the Empress' Guard and the Daidoji Trading Council, as well as a revised version of the renowned Kakita Artisan Academy.
- An extensive history of the Crane Clan, as well as a master list of all their techniques and new abilities for their courtiers.
- Shiro Giji, stronghold of the Daidoji Harriers. Hidden and forgotten. The dark recesses of Shiro Giji provide the dreaded Harriers with a source of strength from which to strike out at the Crane Clan's enemies.
- The darkest secrets of the Crane Clan- the hidden, forgotten shame that they hide from outsiders...and themselves.
This book is a dual-system supplement for the Legend of the Five Rings Role-Playing Game, Second Edition, and Rokugan, the d20 Companion for Legend of the Five Rings. Players and DMs may also find it useful as a source of interesting new feats and abilities for any d20 System campaign.
Game Masters running the Second Edition L5R RPG will need a copy of the Legend of the Five Rings Game Master's Guide and the Player's Guide. Players need only the Player's Guide.
Dungeon Masters running d20 System games will need a copy of the Player's Handbook, the Dungeon Master's Guide, Oriental Adventures, and Rokugan. Players will need only a Player's Handbook.