From the author's website:
"Murphy's World is a setting for roleplaying light-hearted adventures. Imagine roleplaying in the setting of favorite humorous fantasy film or novel (e.g., Shrek, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, The Princess Bride, etc.); Murphy's World is design to encompass all of these and more. It is the Realm of Faerie, the Land of Myths and Legends, the place of popular folklore and dreams (with a dash of pop culture) - comically twisted, yet maintaining an internal sense of logic. What makes it most unusual it that it operates according to Murphy's Laws -'If something can go wrong, it will.'
The real culprit is the planet's sun, Ludo. The chaotic energies with which this amber orb assaults the little planet effectively toss any sense of predictability of natural laws or supernatural forces right out the metaphysical window. Even magic is possible on Murphy's World, but the results can be somewhat... unpredictable.
Murphy's World also happens to be in possession of an extensive but faulty network of interdimensional Teleportation Gates, connecting Murphy's World to just about everywhere. Thus many of the planet's residents are like Murphy - reluctant alien immigrants. New arrivals scan pop up (in, down, or sideways) anywhere; confused, occasionally embarrassed, and always wondering how to get back where they came from. Unfortunately, spaceships usually crash upon entering the atmosphere, and return Gates are often invisible, faulty, or completely out of order."
"Inside the Murphy’s World RPG Book: Everything Necessary to Start Adventuring!
- Descriptions of the planet, the chaotic effects of its sun Ludo, magic and the supernatural, and the Teleportation Gates.
- Fourteen races and cultures described via their Physical Characteristics & Abilities, Special Traits & Powers, Language, Geographic Distribution & Settlements, Customs & Lifestyle, Skills & Labor Practices, Religion & Superstition, plus a profile of several actual settlements and kingdoms.
- Easy to learn and play rules that include Character Creation & Improvement, Skills & Abilities, Action Resolution, and a wacky Magic System that the Gamemaster may use to torment spellcasters; if the details of their spell are not explicitly defined it is open to misinterpretation!.
- Lots of GM tips on how to design adventures and establish an ongoing campaign, along with numerous Adventure Ideas and tables to randomly generate places, things, creatures, and people. Sample characters, creatures, places, and things are also provided.
- A complete adventure: Robyn's Summer Romance in Asgard (or Robyn & Her Merry Sven)."