From the back of the book
You are about to depart on ten journeys into the unknown, following the trail of Cthulhu to isolated Pacific islands, into the icy wastes of the Arctic, through jungles and war zones and even off the Earth itself. In the blank spaces of the map, dark deities flourish and evil festers… but the truth waits to be discovered, secret knowledge that man may not be meant to know but that Miskatonic University covets. Into that mystery your Investigators go, armed with gun and camera and notebook, risking their own survival to keep those blank spaces from swallowing up the world.
Mythos Expeditions collects ten stand-alone scenarios using the new GUMSHOE Expedition Rules, in which the story looms larger than the book-keeping. Each adventure can also connect to the Armitage Inquiry campaign setting, expanded by Kenneth Hite in this book as well.
Ten mighty Mythos talents bring you ten terrifying tours:
- The Dwellers in the Dunes (Mongolia) by Steven S. Long
- The Mother of Malaria (Northern Rhodesia) by Robin D. Laws
- Lost On A Sea of Dreams (Bermuda) by Adam Gauntlett
- An Incident at the Border (Gran Chaco, Paraguay) by Kenneth Hite
- The Jaguars of El-Thar (Yucatan) by Tristan J. Tarwater
- Tongued by Fire (India) by Bill White
- Served Cold (Greenland) by Jeff Tidball
- Whistle and I'll Come (Papua New Guinea) by Emma Marlow
- A Load of Blarney (Ireland) by Lauren Roy
- Cerulean Hale (Clipperton Island) by Matthew Sanderson
Hack through the dense jungles of central Africa, trek across the arid wastes of the Gobi desert, and clamber among the lost cities of Central America. Your searches after strange horror take you through the skies and across the oceans, into the lava caves of New Zealand and the glacial heart of Greenland. The notes and journals, the sketches and hints, that the survivors bring back become Mythos tomes of their own, to drive new Investigators mad - and to drive them onward into the unknown.
Hurry on board — the gangplank is going up!