Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As requested, a shorter leftovers trade to follow up the recent Canada Day math trade.

Please make sure to read through all the rules and pay attention to all posted dates/times.

For anyone new to Math Trades be sure to check out the following thread for a video tutorial on math trades.

Math Trade Video Tutorials

Note: You MUST have a Canadian mailing address to participate in this Math Trade.

Trade Geeklist: The Leftovers - A Canadian Math Trade

Request GeekList: N/A (use the discussion thread)

Submissions Dates/Times:

Posting Games: Wednesday July 10th (8:00 PM EDT) to Saturday July 13th (10:00 AM EDT)

Want List Submissions: Saturday July 13th (10:00 AM EDT) to Sunday July 14th (11:00 PM EDT)

Results posted shortly thereafter.

Rules (Please read carefully):

1. Board Games, RPG's, Video Games and items outside the scope of BGG are all permitted.

2. There is a limit of one (1) Gift Certificate and one (1) Geek Gold entry per person. Gift Certificate and GeekGold arbitrage are NOT allowed. Neither are cash offerings.

3. Non-game entries must be added using "Outside the Scope of BGG" (Game ID 23953). Make sure to use the +altname+ brief description -altname- format in the description of your item for it to properly show up in the OLWLG.

4. You must describe the condition of your games as accurately as possible. This includes both the box and it's contents.

5. You must clearly state the editions and languages of all games posted. Do not just state "edition as posted", as pictures do not show up in the OLWLG.

6. Shipping - You shall be required to cover full shipping to any location within Canada.

7. Do NOT delete any entries after they have been submitted. Just include a blank wantlist for that particular item instead.

8. Please do NOT include links to any other games (or items) in your entries, so that they are not misleadingly displayed as sweetners in the OLWLG.

9. Use of the On-Line Want List Generator (OLWLG) is required for submissions. Refer to the following document for help:
http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/OLWLG

10. If you have been reported as a bad trader, do NOT try to participate. Any entries made will be removed.

11. Any other questions or issues, just ask.

Software Used: TradeMaximizer 1.4 (with duplicate protection) SEED=1234567, ITERATIONS=1000

%Options%
Deadline-Offers: Saturday, July 13th, 2013, 10:00 AM EDT
Deadline-Wants: Sunday, July 14th, 2013, 11:00 PM EDT
%End%

Good luck and happy trading!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reserved #1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reserved #2
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Kinsman
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheers, Ox. Hope we see a few new entries along with the goodies that are left over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ArcticLancer wrote:
Cheers, Ox. Hope we see a few new entries along with the goodies that are left over.

Toughest part is getting the word out I think. Must be at least a few thousand Canadian users here, but we usually have the same group of 30 or so traders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The trade is now showing up in the OLWLG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Kinsman
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cannibal Ox wrote:
ArcticLancer wrote:

Toughest part is getting the word out I think. Must be at least a few thousand Canadian users here, but we usually have the same group of 30 or so traders.

True. At least we know it's a good lot that tend to participate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Drach
Canada
Kamloops
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll post the link in the BC list...maybe others can mention it around too

Edit: Guess you already posted it there...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cptcanuck wrote:
I'll post the link in the BC list...maybe others can mention it around too

Edit: Guess you already posted it there...

Yeah I don't know if anyone even reads the provincial forums, but hopefully a few more eyes might notice the trade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James W
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
this is my first math trade. I don't really know if I've properly formatted my entry. Please let me know if it's not correct.

www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/159566/item/2724264#item27242...

Also, I'm not sure how to submit my wants at this time. I'm looking at the OLWLG page for this math trade but I can only see 1 item at this time.

Can anyone comment on this? Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For formatting, you look fine, except: For your sweeteners, you should use the "Insert Geek Link" drop-down, and insert a link to the game itself. That way, the sweeteners will show up in the OLWLG as games (e.g. highlighted if they're on someone's wish list).

Games that are listed don't show up on the OLWLG immediately - The Trade organizer has to manually hit a button to update the list every so often. Your games are there now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Final day to get your games in for trade. Submission deadline is Saturday July 13th at 10:00 AM EDT.

That's Saturday MORNING for people who might ignore the AM/PM part.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Freeman
Canada
Vancouver
B.C
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love a copy of
if anyone has one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James W
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
iklinck wrote:
For formatting, you look fine, except: For your sweeteners, you should use the "Insert Geek Link" drop-down, and insert a link to the game itself. That way, the sweeteners will show up in the OLWLG as games (e.g. highlighted if they're on someone's wish list).

Games that are listed don't show up on the OLWLG immediately - The Trade organizer has to manually hit a button to update the list every so often. Your games are there now.

Thanks for the comments, I'll edit that right away!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Trade geeklist has been locked down and we are now open for wantlist submissions. Deadline is Sunday July 14th at 11:00 PM EDT.

Try not to miss the deadline.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Arnold
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cannibal Ox wrote:
Trade geeklist has been locked down and we are now open for wantlist submissions. Deadline is Sunday July 14th at 11:00 PM EDT.

Try not to miss the deadline.

Finally, a MT I didn't miss! Not sure how good it's looking for trades this time though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S Larkin
Canada
Carp
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Error in / Correction for item 213

There is an error in the version of Bismarck offered in item 213. It is second edition: Bismarck (second edition) and not first as entered in the geeklist item.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wantlist submission deadline has ended. Results are being computed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And we have a case of GC arbitrage. Results are being re-run with the offending item removed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Results are now posted to the OLWLG. Don't see anything else funny so I'm calling them official.

Thanks to everyone for participating.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Drach
Canada
Kamloops
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not much trading in that round. Thanks for running the Math Trades...I'm already looking forward to the next one.

For the guys listing Castles of Burgundy and Macao...let me know if you're interested in trying to work out a trade
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Kinsman
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh wow. I was expecting a little more action than that. I actually had a pretty decent amount filled out, but I guess people didn't see anything they were interested in. Tragic.

Ah well, saves a few bucks on shipping anyway.

Thanks again, Ox.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cptcanuck wrote:
Not much trading in that round.

There never is, in these follow-up trades: They generally only include a small portion of the people in the main trade, many of which have already traded some games (so, less to trade, less interest in getting more...)

No trades for me, but I'm OK with that...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Colmenares
Canada
Woodbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got one more trade out of this. Though I had list DIFFERENT stuff (Clearly no one wants my old crap, he he).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually the previous leftovers trade did pretty well:

Num trades = 53 of 394 items (13.5%)

This time around most people were being beyond ridiculous with their wants by only going for the big ticket items which you knew were never going to trade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.