Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Meeple [+] [View All]
Dave Bernazzani
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I wish to provide legendary service to the RPG community to help grow our hobby and enrich the lives of gamers everywhere.
badge
mb
Carcassonne - I got my 2nd and 3rd plays of this light tile laying game tonight. I like it! Of course I'm a sucker for good tile laying games - usually they have just the right blend of luck and skill (and are usually fast). This one did not disappoint. There are 72 tiles - each turn you pick one up, lay it on the board (so that it makes sense - roads to roads, cities to cities, etc) and potentially place a little wee-wooden person (which we called 'Meeples' which I think stood for 'My People' but you'd have to ask Alison who coined it) on the tile just played. In this way, you try to score for completed roads, cities, cloisters and later in the game for farms (depending on where you put your Meeple, you created either a thief, knight, farmer, or monk to correspond with the terrain features of the tiles). It plays a little long for a simple tile-laying game - all three games were just over an hour. But the turns come around fairly fast and so long as players don't agonize over the "best" placement it should play in just under an hour. I look forward to playing it with 2 players (all my games have been 4 player games) to see how it scales down.

Additional Comments: I've now played this game 8 times - with all numbers of players and I find it one of the very best Essen releases. Quick, light and fun in a game that scales well from 2 to 5 players. The 2 player games were surprisingly good - this is a keeper.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.