Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At least, per a few different sources....

Emrico wrote:
So, some cool news for those that aren't too interested in the Cap Ships and want to stick with 100 point dogfights.

My friend who's at GenCon told me that FFG was pretty clear that these ships are NOT Wave 4 and that Wave 4 is something else that they aren't talking about yet.

DarkmanSW wrote:
Sergovan wrote:
I do believe that there was a post a few months back from some guys in the U.K. who got to do a closed door meeting with FFG people and when they came out they said that the YT and Firespray were "medium" ships....

Yeah , i was the Guy that openend the thread about it before wave 3 was announced. Most of you didn't trust my info that came from german distributor :-) actually this isn't Wave 4 . The large ships will be released between the wave's. .. Next time trust the germans ;-)

Granted, that's all pretty much 'a friend heard it from a guy who said...' kinda stuff, but given the slides specifically talked about these ships only in context of the new 'epic' tournament format and 'cinematic' play modes...

Dunno, I don't have a hard time believing the sources.

EDIT: And here it is "from the horse's mouth" (skip to 2m:26s)...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Juneau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OW my wallet
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Sperling
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Fooled you!
badge
Click to edit.
mbmbmbmbmb
Mu0n wrote:
OW my wallet

Not mine. The big ships look cool, and I'll admit I'm interested in what those large turrets on the Tantive IV can do, but currently I have zero interest in purchasing those models. Part of me is glad they are not part of wave 4 for this reason, but another part of me would have beenhappy with a bit of a reprieve to become more familiar with the first three waves of ships.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Emerick
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Gonjeshk wrote:
Mu0n wrote:
OW my wallet

Not mine. The big ships look cool, and I'll admit I'm interested in what those large turrets on the Tantive IV can do, but currently I have zero interest in purchasing those models. Part of me is glad they are not part of wave 4 for this reason, but another part of me would have beenhappy with a bit of a reprieve to become more familiar with the first three waves of ships.

They aren't due for release until Early 2014 (I'm assuming that is likely late Q1 or early Q2) so that's a pretty good span of time to get comfortable with the Wave 3 ships. Since they appear not ready to announce the actual Wave 4 ships yet, those could show up before or after the Cap Ships. Personally I'm hoping for before (Christmas release), but it would also be ok with me if they didn't release until after the Caps (for purposes of $ and of hoping that would let FFG get their production of Waves 1-3 all caught up with demand).

Jim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I'll be buying a few

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
david c
United States
Bay Area - Peninsula
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be really cool if the transport can open up we could store some of our tokens in them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Schmidt
United States
VANCOUVER
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
When they got to the X-Wing portion of the FFG seminar, they specifically said that they weren't going to tell us about Wave 4 ships. Then, they announced the large ships and the 2 new play formats.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Purdy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What are the new play formats? What does "cinematic" and "epic" mean? Did they explain this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shmitty wrote:
When they got to the X-Wing portion of the FFG seminar, they specifically said that they weren't going to tell us about Wave 4 ships. Then, they announced the large ships and the 2 new play formats.

I guess that'd be the third confirmation - 'large ships' DEFINITELY are not 'wave 4' of the tournament fighters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Godballe
Denmark
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
purdyrc wrote:
What are the new play formats? What does "cinematic" and "epic" mean? Did they explain this?

Yes.

"Epic" means large scale battles. Hundreds of points on either side.

"Cinematic" means playing battles from the movies. Larger scale than normal.

The big ships should be used in these formats, as the normal 100 points tournament format doesn't support these ships. They are way more than 100 points each.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This was actually said at GenCon? First time I read something about the meaning of those two new styles here at BGG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Godballe
Denmark
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cut_ wrote:
This was actually said at GenCon? First time I read something about the meaning of those two new styles here at BGG.

Hey Nico,

It was indeed "said at GenCon". You can even hear it yourself, just watch the video in the comment above. http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/13146470#13146470
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Dennis!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Godballe
Denmark
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cut_ wrote:
Thanks, Dennis!

No worries, mate!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gar Per
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DarkmanSW wrote:
Next time trust the germans ;-)

Tell that to Poland.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.