Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Razo
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
designer
Microbadge: Depeche Mode fanMicrobadge: Beer fanMicrobadge: Survive: Escape from Atlantis! fanMicrobadge: These pretzels are making me thirstyMicrobadge: Blues fan
OK, here goes nothing. Hey there, my name is Tom Razo. I like hanging out on the geek way too much and listening to podcasts while at work.

I also like chucking dice and I'm not afraid to admit it... there, I feel so much better now.

Tom"Everything is better with pirates..."Razo arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Jones
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Check the Great Big Table podcast (http://greatbigtable.com), a podcast about expanding the board game hobby.
Microbadge: Extra Life participantMicrobadge: PodcasterMicrobadge: The Secret Cabal Gaming Podcast fanMicrobadge: The Dice Tower fanMicrobadge: Geekway to the West attendee
Hi, I'm Jim Jones. I am pretty much a fan of most board game podcasts including this one. I also have my own podcast with my wife at http://greatbigtable.com.

For the past two and a half years, I've run a weekly lunchtime game group that plays in public where I work. The email newsletter that I use to advertise each week's game and call for players started at six members and now is right around forty and includes staff from multiple departments and members of the surrounding community.

My wife and I also co-host a monthly community game night on the third Friday of the month. It's been running for a little over a year and has between ten and forty people at each event.

In early 2012, my infant daughter underwent a life saving cranial reconstruction surgery at Children's Miracle Network Hospital. After she recovered my wife and I resolved to do what we could to help the organization that helped save our daughter's life and hosted our first annual weekend long Extra Life board game marathon to benefit Children's Miracle Network Hospitals. We raised a combined total of just over $2100.

This year we are hosting our second Extra Life board game marathon where we will play at least 24 hours of board games across October 25th, 26th, and 27th in Evansville, IN. If you'd like to join us that weekend, we have a hotel that can give a $68 a night rate that's just a short drive from our chiurxh's fellowship hall where we'll be playing. Send me a Geekmail if you are interested or have any questions. This is our Extra Life team page for our local event, http://www.extra-life.org/team/stpetersgamenight . We're planning on a couple of tournaments, having a number of games that you can play for a chance at winning and plenty of food (last year we ate like royalty). Beyond that, we're going to play a lot of games for a great cause that is dear to our hearts.

If you'd like to join our effort, but can't make it to our local event, consider joining our podcast's team and raise money with your family, friends, and colleagues wherever you are, http://www.extra-life.org/team/greatbigtable

Besides all this, I'm a system administrator by trade, a father of three under the age of eight, and a husband of nineteen years. I enjoy reading popular science books, science fiction, horror, comedic and fantasy novels. When I get the chance, I play a really bad game of disc golf, but still enjoy it immensely. And, when the wind is right, I like to fly stunt kites.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Michaud
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: ("In Soviet Russia, Table Flips you!")Microbadge: It's a rollMicrobadge: and move!....Microbadge: SURPRISE!!! - tableflipsyou.comMicrobadge: "I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Hi, I'm Chris M., and I play bad board games on purpose. My friends Flip, Jared, Prof. Laserbooks and I then record ourselves complaining about them. People seem to like that.

I'm a big fan of Battlestar Galactica, Deckbuilding games, light-to-mid weight euros, and games with strong themes. I am obsessed with Doctor Who, and I am a Monopoly apologist. I also like professional wrestling quite a lot. I've been in the ring once, but it was for a limbo contest.

My wife and I got married in our local bowling alley, with catering by the on-site pizza place. We bonded years ago over a mutual interest in "Weird Al." These days, we go to Starbucks every Sunday for a couple hours to sit and play games together. The first game I ever taught her was King's Cribbage...she beat me by 200 points in our first game.

My strongest opinion about gaming is that theme and mechanism are not opposite ends of a spectrum...the best games marry both onto a harmonious design. Ameritrash? Euros? Bring 'em all on...what I like are games, plain and simple!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Byrd
United States
Neptune
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Dominion fanMicrobadge: Roll for the Galaxy fanMicrobadge: Tiny Towns fanMicrobadge: I make my own insertsMicrobadge: I love my Gamer Spouse
Hi, I'm Greg Byrd. I am a board game addict, husband and father of two (3 and 1 (board game addicts in training)). My Lovely Wife will occasionally consent to play with me and we intend to start a video podcast about our adventures in finding games we both enjoy called "Table for Two".

My current favorite game is still Agricola, but I'm finding more great games all the time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Rivera
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
badge
LUCHADOR!
Microbadge: Solitaire GamerMicrobadge: Memoir '44 fanMicrobadge: Geek of the WeekMicrobadge: I love LondonMicrobadge: Latter-day Saint
Ok, I'll bite...

I'm Mark Rivera and Stephen Avery is my Twitter buddy whom I share a love of Ameritrash games with and I hope to meet some day so I can give him the Smack Down with my latest game, a dice chucker, Luchador, Mexican Wrestling Dice!

I'm a Yank who has been living and gaming in the UK for 23 years. I've been writing the Boardgames in Blighty blog for a number of years. I love going to Essen.

I'm becoming grumpier as I get older because I can, which is worrying and satisfying...

Dang! I will be 59 in December...

GET OFF MY LAWN HIPPY!

so where do I find this Pirate podcast anyhoo?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benny Sperling
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Microbadge: Geek-Craft.com fanMicrobadge: Boston Red Sox fanMicrobadge: Munchkin Cthulhu 2: Call of Cowthulhu fanMicrobadge: Eagle/Gryphon "Western Town" & "Fantastiqa" Contest participant
Hi, I'm Benny and I flip tables during games of Nothing Personal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
elitusprime
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Man, Sub-creator, the refracted Light through whom is splintered from a single White to many hues, and endlessly combined in living shapes that move from mind to mind.
Microbadge: Plays Games With FamilyMicrobadge: My microbadges are hot!Microbadge: Catholic - Sacred HeartMicrobadge: My microbadges are hot!Microbadge: 10 Year Geek Veteran
I'm Brent Brown. I played D&D and board games in college then fell out of the hobby.

One day I was listening to Brandon Sanderson's Writing Excuses podcast, and he mentioned Pathfinder RPG in passing.

So I got into Pathfinder and found the No Direction podcast. While listening to that, the host casually mentioned the Dice Tower podcast.

So I listened to that, and got back into board games.

Podcasts... Dangerous things... arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Bueschel
United States
Huntley
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: I love ChicagoMicrobadge: ISU RedbirdsMicrobadge: Beagle loverMicrobadge: I play with orange!Microbadge: Dungeons & Dragons fan
Hi I Tim Bueschel and I don't subscribe to the chain letter mythos (But unwilling to take the chance since Avery's involved) arggg! Is it talk like a pirate day?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Key West
Florida
flag msg tools
Microbadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: 2013 Secret Santa participant Microbadge: The Dice Tower fanMicrobadge: WotC "Scoundrels of Skullport" Contest participant
I'm Roy Anderson and I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Bowles
Australia
Tatura
Victoria
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Inspector Clouseau fanMicrobadge: Rockin' the DonutMicrobadge: ChristianMicrobadge: Ahh... The old closet ploy, I do enjoy a good closet ployMicrobadge: LABS webcomic fan
Hi

I too don't believe in dreaded pirate curses but the best way to follow my inclination is to pretend I DO believe in them .. as the great Poet Hector J Villivan said "predictability is akin to death!"

I'm married these one and ten years November coming.
Have 5 children of various ages, abilities, levels of cheekiness, height, appetite and destructive-tendencies.

I love board games and frequently (try to) have a monthly gaming night every month on the first Monday of the month at my house.

I've almost stopped playing computer games where I was convincing myself that playing online was a form of social interaction, and I now use games to meet people and be of use to society by encouraging real relationships.

God is the one who sits in the driver's seat of my life. And he always takes me places I wouldn't have thought of. Love that guy!

Peace!

edit: dang! I forgot my end with a witty tag name..
Matt "Drawing a blank.. but playing it anyway" Bowles
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Off The Shelf Board Game Reviews
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: One does not simply recognize great geeks. Not with 10,000 stars could you do this...Microbadge: ChristianMicrobadge: Silver ReviewerMicrobadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level II - If I have seen further, it's only by standing on the apex of other's dice.
Hi I'm neither Stephen Bonnocore or one of his hot booth babes.

I am also not Colby Dauch either, worse still I'll never wear a plaid hat even if it was cybernetically grafted to my head.

Apparently I am no one cool /cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Harlan
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
We have a peanut butter cookie problem!
badge
Bert, what utter nonsense!
Microbadge: I love ArizonaMicrobadge: Plays Games with SpouseMicrobadge: There's always room for one more!Microbadge: Calvin and Hobbes fanMicrobadge: The Legend of Zelda fan
Hi, I'm Anthony, and if you can't tell me who the "Michael Scott" is in your office then YOU are the Michael Scott in your office.

I like Pop Tarts better not toasted. I listen to NPR. I used to iron my t-shirts but haven't for a few years now and my life is better for it. My fish's name is Hector. I can cure hiccups, however I admit I have no utility in event of a zombie apocalypse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Upkar Gata-Aura
Sweden
Järfälla
Stockholms Län
flag msg tools
Aaaaahhh'm the best singer!
badge
Bbbbbut that's not fair!
Microbadge: I Love Gaming with My GirlFriend!!!Microbadge: I play with green!Microbadge: EurogamerMicrobadge: Fog of Love fanMicrobadge: Microbrewery beer lover
Hi I'm Upkar and I'm a brit that lives in Sweden.

I like to pay high taxes and give all my money to state agencies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Dawson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
Microbadge: The Secret Cabal Gaming Podcast fanMicrobadge: Phil Eklund fanMicrobadge: I'm a GM!Microbadge: Rules readerMicrobadge: Carl Chudyk
Ha, got totally taken in by this and am feeling obliged.

UK gamer here, pretty new to the whole thing.
Like listening to podcasts and will check yours out.

I have a burgeoning blog about beginning gaming and being in the UK: 3cubedreview.wordpress.com

And a twitter too: @3cubedreview

Ok, shameless self-promotion over.

To get into the spirit of things I will point out that my favourite Pirate game is Cartagena.

arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hello, my name is Mark Zielinski.

I'm 1/3 of the Pirate podcast, 1/3 of the Mantic Radio Podcast, and found on the Dice Tower when Tom and Eric post my contributions.

And yes, I am better with fractions than Steve Avery.

Mark "better with fractions then Steve Avery, but not better than Geoff Engelstein" Zielinski
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Gurganus
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Microbadge: ChristianMicrobadge: The Inquisitive Meeple fanMicrobadge: Dice Hate Me Games fanMicrobadge: Game Design HobbyistMicrobadge: Memoir '44 fan
Hi, I'm Tom Gurganus (Tom G) and run Go Forth And Game, an interview focused gaming blog.
You can find interviews with lots of game designers and publishers at Go Forth. Even one from the
1/16th pirate himself very soon. I'm looking forward to listening to this podcast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad McGown
United States
Pittsburg
Kansas
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Golden Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: The Secret Cabal Gaming Podcast fanMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: The Dice Tower fanMicrobadge: Watch it Played fan
Hey all! I am Brad McGown and I am an avid gamer/father. I have been into hobby games for the past 15 years and have done play testing for many different companies over the years. Currently, I am an iOS playtester for the boardgame-to-iOS company, Playdek, although mum is the word to what game I am actually testing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.T. Selvaggio
United States
Webster
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Combat Commander: Europe fanMicrobadge: Memoir '44 fanMicrobadge: Commands & Colors Ancients fanMicrobadge: I play both wargames and eurosMicrobadge: New York Yankees fan
I am A.T. (Anthony) Selvaggio. I played D & D and Strat-o-Matic Baseball/Football as a teenager, but got into hobby boardgaming in my late 30's. I love thematic games and wargames (yes, I am somewhat of a grognard, but I am drifting toward lighter wargaming given my job (lawyer) and parental responsibilities - 10 and 7 year old). I play a lot of Euros with the family, but don't hold that against me.

I am also haunted by the looming presence of both ASL and miniatures games. They keep tempting me and I keeping trying to resist their call. It is a bit like a Cthulhu situation...just keep them slumbering and its all ok!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Patriss
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Microbadge: The Geek Allstars fanMicrobadge: Five Tribes fanMicrobadge: Imperial Settlers fanMicrobadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level I - One small step for geek... One giant leap for geek-kind!Microbadge: Rolling Dice & Taking Names Fan
Hey guys great show!

I am Dan Patriss or GeekJock. I am the main host (sometimes 1/3 sometimes 1/4 and even other 1/5) of The Geek Allstars podcast and the man in charge of begging donations for (and running) Gamers For Cures (Gamersforcures.com).

We also have a charity 24 hour board game marathon to benefit charity (Turner Syndrome Society of the US). If you would like to donate to the fundraiser head to our First Giving site (tax free!) http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/gamersforcures/3rdannu...
And if you would like to donate a game or larger item for our raffles/give aways please GM me any time!

As for myself I am a American-style dice throwing, deck building gaming idiot and sometimes I dabble in some boring euros! Well I will pretty much play anything.

I also enjoy drinking with Avery and Buonocore at any opportunity I can!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Vasel
United States
Homestead
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Love Games, Love 'Em!!!
badge
Check out DiceTower.com!
Microbadge: Golden ReviewerMicrobadge: PodcasterMicrobadge: Jack Vasel Memorial FundMicrobadge: Fan of Games Dripping with ThemeMicrobadge: The Dice Tower Gaming Awards fan
I'm Tom Vasel and I hate this podcast and everything it stands for. Ninjas for the win!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Kotler
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
I Love Heavy Dry Soulless Euros!!!
badge
When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That's my religion.
Microbadge: Arkwright fanMicrobadge: Kohle & Kolonie fanMicrobadge: Dilluvia Project fanMicrobadge: Ruhrschifffahrt fanMicrobadge: Gentes fan
Hi, I'm Tony and I rarely get to play with Tom Vasel even though he is in my game group because I am the archetypical "Trader in the Mediterranean type". I have over 900 games, but they all are mostly heavy Euros.

Long live Ruhrschifffahrt 1769-1890!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
elitusprime
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Man, Sub-creator, the refracted Light through whom is splintered from a single White to many hues, and endlessly combined in living shapes that move from mind to mind.
Microbadge: Plays Games With FamilyMicrobadge: My microbadges are hot!Microbadge: Catholic - Sacred HeartMicrobadge: My microbadges are hot!Microbadge: 10 Year Geek Veteran
TomVasel wrote:
I'm Tom Vasel and I hate this podcast and everything it stands for. Ninjas for the win!
Hmmm... Troll fail. I'm afraid that your love of piratey things is somewhat well documented... arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Branham
United States
Duluth
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
New Dia die Los Muertos. Lighter, sillier, and Stickers.
Microbadge: Battle Beyond Space fanMicrobadge: Battle Beyond Space fanMicrobadge: Golden Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Fortress Ameritrash fan
I'm Frank and I'm here because Avery harassed me mercilessly via email. Atypically, I don't have podcast, save for an epic two hour stint on Geekspeak sometime in the Pleistocene.

I performed magic shows at the age of 5. Got into computers in the mid 70s in sixth grade, the Internet in the 80s, met my wife at a BBS party, married her in a cemetery on Dia die los Muertos, am partly responsible for he live Vampire thing, started a boardgame website in the late 90s, designed the odd boardgame in the 2000s.

Oh and Karate Robo Zaborgar is the movie of the week. Watch it or be uncool for the rest of your life.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich S.
United States
North Hollywood
California
flag msg tools
badge
Well, this is just silly.
Microbadge: I use Board Game Stats to log my gamesMicrobadge: I play with yellow!Microbadge: Horror Games fanMicrobadge: Parent of a Girl and a BoyMicrobadge: Minnesota
My name is Rich Sommer, and I am mad at Steve Avery for sending this link to me in an email. It's worse than rickrolling, because it demands typing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Kotler
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
I Love Heavy Dry Soulless Euros!!!
badge
When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That's my religion.
Microbadge: Arkwright fanMicrobadge: Kohle & Kolonie fanMicrobadge: Dilluvia Project fanMicrobadge: Ruhrschifffahrt fanMicrobadge: Gentes fan
What link? ...or did I just get Rickrolled?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   |