Popular Tags: [View All]
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: Fan of Agatha Raisin TV series, adapted from stories by MC BeatonMicrobadge: Fan of Volition GamesMicrobadge: PescatarianMicrobadge: Starsiege and Starsiege: Tribes FanMicrobadge: Fan of Ms Fisher's Modern Murder Mysteries
Are you out of your Vulcan mind, FFG?!?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: Fan of Agatha Raisin TV series, adapted from stories by MC BeatonMicrobadge: Fan of Volition GamesMicrobadge: PescatarianMicrobadge: Starsiege and Starsiege: Tribes FanMicrobadge: Fan of Ms Fisher's Modern Murder Mysteries
...there looks to be some seriously broken options in this update.

And !!EIGHT!! more pilots, including a PS6 generic!

The "LOL - GG" pilot:

External image

External image

...'stealth' + 'shield upgrade', anyone?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zachary Mott
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
I wonder if this is the first wave four announcement?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Star Wars fanMicrobadge: Star Wars fanMicrobadge: Star Wars fanMicrobadge: Star Wars fanMicrobadge: Star Wars fan
Now I just wish I hadn't boughten those two extra Interceptor expansions...

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
shnar wrote:
Now I just wish I hadn't boughten those two extra Interceptor expansions...

-shnar
I confess I'm a bit annoyed I bought a set of 5 Interceptors, myself, now. soblue

Not really a fan of the color scheme on these, but between the new pilot cards and the new upgrade cards, this is obviously an important expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Callahan
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Level 06 RPGG posterMicrobadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level IV - The journey of a thousand crits begins with a single roll...Microbadge: Geist - An Interactive Geek HorrorMicrobadge: Mountains of Madness - Lived to see another day...Microbadge: I have daringly delved into the Dungeon of Doom where dark denizens dwell
Is that paint scheme from a video game or are they just making things up now? I'm really not sure, since I have not played any of the games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maxime Yazz
Canada
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Doctor Who fanMicrobadge: Apple Cider drinkerMicrobadge: Among the Stars fanMicrobadge: Obscure reference fanMicrobadge: Fantasy Flight Games fan
I do not know if I would of preferred a deck of cards or this. I mean it is unpleasant if you already accumulated a sizable amount of Tie Interceptors in your fleet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Dungeon Command: Sting of Lolth fanMicrobadge: Dungeon Command: Curse of Undeath fanMicrobadge: Dungeon Command: Blood of Gruumsh fanMicrobadge: Dungeon Command: Tyranny of Goblins fanMicrobadge: Dungeon Command: Heart of Cormyr fan
Phew! Only 2 Tie Ints so far... but darn, there goes my custom storage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Creed Buhallin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Android developerMicrobadge: Scum and VillainyMicrobadge: Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game fan - R2 Astromech
Well, didn't take long for the "ZOMG BORKEN!" to set in.

Carnor is definitely going to be powerful, but I honestly don't see him being quite so crippling. He basically does exactly what Ten Numb and the Autoblaster do - they force action choices. They just do it explicitly rather than "Hey, your dice don't matter, so you should probably Evade". Against Rebels, they can always just target lock instead to maintain offensive capability. He'll be a bigger threat in mirror matches, I think.

Honestly, I see a lot of this pointing towards trying to even up action choices. Focus is the go-to default in almost all cases. Carnor removes that option, and Opportunist does a lot to remove the dual benefit of focus - if you spend it on defense, the bonus die kicks in. It'll also be a major boon to the low-level pilots with EPT slots. There's not going to be much advantage for Wedge in that one, since everyone will still have their tokens when he fires, but it'll get better as the combat phase progresses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Firstname Lastname
Singapore
flag msg tools
Maxx_Yazz wrote:
I do not know if I would of preferred a deck of cards or this. I mean it is unpleasant if you already accumulated a sizable amount of Tie Interceptors in your fleet.
not just that, the Royal TIEs do not have that mini wing thingy on them either

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Creed Buhallin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Android developerMicrobadge: Scum and VillainyMicrobadge: Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game fan - R2 Astromech
dmcallahan wrote:
Is that paint scheme from a video game or are they just making things up now? I'm really not sure, since I have not played any of the games.
The 181st comes from the EU books/comics. I expect the Imperial Guard Interceptor does as well, although I'm not sure of the actual source.

I am a bit disappointed that the Royal Guard isn't going to have the extra fins, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Morgan
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: AtheistMicrobadge: Mage: The Awakening RPG fanMicrobadge: Old School Renaissance fanMicrobadge: Caution: May contain wargame like substanceMicrobadge: I was a Seattle Seahawks fan before it was cool.
dmcallahan wrote:
They're from the EU novels and comics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brain
United States
Belvidere
Illinois
flag msg tools
Microbadge: University of WisconsinMicrobadge: Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game fanMicrobadge: Firefly: The Game fanMicrobadge: Nomads - Free Spacefarers Microbadge: Imperial Settlers fan
Looks like the pack also includes 2 copies of Shield Upgrade and 2 copies of Push the Limit. Nice you don't have to buy more A-Wings just for PTL.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Firstname Lastname
Singapore
flag msg tools
kamekkusu wrote:
Looks like the pack also includes 2 copies of Shield Upgrade and 2 copies of Push the Limit. Nice you don't have to buy more A-Wings just for PTL.
but i already bought the Awings.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Epp
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Eye of SauronMicrobadge: Diagnostic Medical SonographerMicrobadge: ChristianMicrobadge: Star Wars fanMicrobadge: Battlestar Galactica fan
awesome! equally awesome is that I only have 2 intereceptors already.

What a ridiculous ability!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W McG
msg tools
Microbadge: Conan fanMicrobadge: Thunderbolt Apache Leader fanMicrobadge: Mage Wars FanMicrobadge: Runebound fanMicrobadge: I Delve in Dungeons!
Patience is always a virtue when buying into wave release products. Glad I only bought two of these up front.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Stephens
United States
Winter Garden
FL
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Fallout fanMicrobadge: Star Trek: Fleet Captains fanMicrobadge: Talisman fanMicrobadge: Star Trek: Attack Wing fanMicrobadge: MST3K fan
Yeah.... not really happy about this. More cards would have made more sense. Now we have to pay what looks to be big ship price (same form factor box as Falcon/Slave 1/Lambda shuttle) for 2 teeny little interceptors whose only difference is a paint scheme (one of which, several folks I know have already customized their ships to look like anyway)... in return, purchasers get a couple of what appear to be grossly overpowered pilots. So, now, X-Wing is beginning to stray further and further into the "pay to win" model.

Don't get me wrong... I love the game, and I love FFG, but, this is not a trend I see going well. This is probably the end of tournament play for me (not that I was doing much lately anyway).

What's funny is; folks over at the Star Trek: Attack Wing forums are griping about the (admittedly) less-than-awesome paint jobs on those ships (as well as scale issues, but, that is a whole different animal) but, on the other hand, STAW doesn't seem (at this point) to be leaning toward "have to buy a bunch of duplicate ships to win". From a pure out-of-pocket spending point of view, STAW is a bit more in my wheelhouse lately. There is no swarming strategy that rules the meta right now as a 100 point fleet is realistically only 2 or 3 well equipped ships. This "Ace Pack" stuff is going to be a community divider, mark my words....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maxime Yazz
Canada
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Doctor Who fanMicrobadge: Apple Cider drinkerMicrobadge: Among the Stars fanMicrobadge: Obscure reference fanMicrobadge: Fantasy Flight Games fan
I guess I should wait before I complete my collection. Especially if the next wave is double boxed minis instead of single.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Watt
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
I wonder if there will be a Rogue Squadron pack as the other half of this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
traitor armor
Canada
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Star Trek: Attack Wing fanMicrobadge: Star Trek: Fleet Captains - Romulan Empire fanMicrobadge: Ottawa Senators fanMicrobadge: Daredevil fanMicrobadge: TIE Interceptor
Well I was going to pick up at least 1 more TIE Interceptor and looking to do both of those alterations.......now I can open it under my tree at Christmass. cool

I'm liking it.

Wave 4 looks interesting so far.....do we think Rogue Squadron be another 'Elite' Pack in this style?

hockeyjedi wrote:
Yeah.... not really happy about this. More cards would have made more sense. Now we have to pay what looks to be big ship price (same form factor box as Falcon/Slave 1/Lambda shuttle) for 2 teeny little interceptors whose only difference is a paint scheme (one of which, several folks I know have already customized their ships to look like anyway)... in return, purchasers get a couple of what appear to be grossly overpowered pilots. So, now, X-Wing is beginning to stray further and further into the "pay to win" model.
What's the MSRP of the big ships?

Checks online....about $30.....single small ships MSRP is $15....so a pack of 2 would be expected to be......not $30?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordy Crozier
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Microbadge: ChristianMicrobadge: Level 02 RPGG posterMicrobadge: ChristianMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Doctor Who fan
I think the ships look awesome and the abilities are great.

Please let there be a Rogue Squad pack for the Rebels

Porkins perhaps?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Creed Buhallin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
The panic is actually kind of amusing to watch. Interceptors were one of the great disappointments of Wave 2, and generally don't make the board outside of Fel. We've got a few on the way which will open up some new options for them, and the panic is basically instantaneous.

Carnor will screw with your action choice - that's the same thing Ten and Autoblaster do, we should probably get used to that sort of ability. But he still leaves you plenty of options.

Kir Kanos has a nice offensive boost, but really doesn't do much more than make Evade even to Focus - choose to use it for offense or defense, and balance one guarantee vs. changing multiple eyeballs. And only at Range 2-3, at that, so no 5-hit runs for him.

Both will be very solid pilots, but gamebreaking? They're still Interceptors, they're still fragile, they'll still have to deal with the growing number of options for the Rebels to ignore their defenses. So I don't think they're going to be horrible, and after a wave where I think the Rebels REALLY got the better end of things, it'll be a nice addition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
A trial needs witnesses and evidence not a coverup.
Microbadge: Tactical Space Combat Games fanMicrobadge: Star Trek fanMicrobadge: Proud GrandparentMicrobadge: Star Trek: Ascendancy fanMicrobadge: Terraforming Mars Fan
So I bet we see similar packs for just about all small ships.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Rice
msg tools
Microbadge: I Delve in Dungeons!Microbadge: HeroQuest fanMicrobadge: The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game fanMicrobadge: Arkham Horror fanMicrobadge: Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game fan
For me, this is awesome. I was trying to decide whether I should buy 2 more TIE Advanced or Interceptors. Question answered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
@TaintedDragonInn
badge
www.TaintedDragonInn.com
Microbadge: I don't use any card sleevesMicrobadge: Global Religious ToleranceMicrobadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: Ameritrash fanMicrobadge: Golden Reviewer
Love this idea, the packaging, the repaints...

Excellent direction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [12] |