Jim Calabrese
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
What?
badge
The Great Awakening
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm gonna be working in the Philadelphia area till Friday. Any good game stores in the area? Thanks.

Jim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Casadonte
United States
Media
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
The compass always points to Terrapin.
mbmbmbmbmb
The Games Keep in West Chester:

9 North Five Points Road
2nd Floor
West Chester, PA 19380
(484)-905-5533

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Dickinson
United States
Cherry Hill
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Also consider:

The Compleat Strategist
580 Shoemaker Rd
King of Prussia, PA 19406
(610) 265-8562
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bertrand Russell
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Keep has a much better selection of eurogames (it's not even really close). But the Compleat Strategist has a much better selection of wargames.

I went to the Game Keep for the first time this weekend. I was very impressed. Highly recommended.

Edit: I should clarify a little. The Games Keep has a very good selection of GMT games (better than the CS), but that's the only war game publisher they carry. CS also carries way more Warhammer and RPGs. I plan on writing up something about GK in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Casadonte
United States
Media
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
The compass always points to Terrapin.
mbmbmbmbmb
And, unlike the Compleat Strategist, the Games Keep people actually seem to like customers who come in and want to buy something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Leppo
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I seem to recall there is a game store on US 30 (Lancacter Ave?) across the street from Villanova. I don't remember the name.

For those travelers that like to find comic shops (many have games also) when visiting here is a website that tries to compile a list from all over the country. Its not totally up to date but is a decent starting spot.

http://www.the-master-list.com/index.shtml
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bertrand Russell
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
And, unlike the Compleat Strategist, the Games Keep people actually seem to like customers who come in and want to buy something.

Um, there is that too

Quote:
I seem to recall there is a game store on US 30 (Lancacter Ave?) across the street from Villanova. I don't remember the name.

Showcase Comics. Last time I was there (about 3 weeks ago) they were having an insane %30 off all games sale. That might have meant that they were going to stop selling them, so I'd call first.

If you do goto Showcase Comics I highly recommend getting a bite to eat at "The Grog". It's right across the street and they have the best cheese steaks ever (get the grog nachos too).

/use to live 2 blocks away
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bertrand Russell
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, and one more thing...you could score a copy of Caylus while you're here .

I just got this from Games Keep:

Quote:
It also appears that my distributor managed to acquire a portion of those arriving in the states and that I will have a shipment of them arriving.....TOMORROW!! (3/22/06). So, after setting aside those which people preordered, I should have about 10 left over. Now before a line starts outside my door at noon, you should know that UPS probably won't deliver them before 3pm.

If you preordered, feel free to pick them up at your convenience. Otherwise, don't walk - RUN! (and I expect someone to break open a copy in here to play so I can finally see what all the fuss is about!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Calabrese
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
What?
badge
The Great Awakening
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to all.

Jim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Calabrese
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
What?
badge
The Great Awakening
mbmbmbmbmb
Again, I want to thank you guys for pointing out the Games Keep. What a great store! I can not believe the selection Karl carries. To top it off, Karl is a great guy to talk to. Friendly, knows his stuff and I never felt pressure to buy anything. That, and he let an "out of Towner" score a copy of caylus. You guys in this area are lucky to have a store like Games Keep.

Jim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bertrand Russell
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HGBlob wrote:
Again, I want to thank you guys for pointing out the Games Keep. What a great store! I can not believe the selection Karl carries. To top it off, Karl is a great guy to talk to. Friendly, knows his stuff and I never felt pressure to buy anything. That, and he let an "out of Towner" score a copy of caylus. You guys in this area are lucky to have a store like Games Keep.

My thoughts exactly. I just wish I would have gone there sooner. Everyone in the Southern PA/NJ, Northern DE area should make it a point to get there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Desmond
United States
Newark
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Salutations, gentlefolk !

Last year, I put together a list of gaming groups and stores in and around Philadelphia, and now the time has come to prepare a revised edition of the list.

If you know of any gaming groups / stores / clubs / extracurricular soceties / etc etc...

please drop me an Email, send a message thru the Geek, or send a note to my new address - 165 Houston Rd, Lansdowne, Pa. 19050.

Yours, John Desmond
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike K
United States
Fairless Hills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Joe Casadonte wrote:
The Games Keep in West Chester:

9 North Five Points Road
2nd Floor
West Chester, PA 19380
(484)-905-5533

I was unaware of this one. I should pay a visit at some point, I guess. (Bit of a trip, though, from Bucks County.)

Thx.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry K
United States
Fort Myers
FL
flag msg tools
badge
I can has 18xx teacher?
mbmbmbmbmb
The Roundtable Games & Stuff
515 Fayette Street
Conshohocken, PA 19428

Wednesday night is open boardgaming night. A small group of people (around 4-7) go on a regular basis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Spence
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All Things Fun
Rt 73
Berlin NJ