Popular Tags: [View All]
Mr. B @ Rockin' B
United States
Batavia
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Going to be in Dayton, Ohio with some time to spare tomorrow night. Can anyone recommend a good gaming store to visit while there?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Holzman
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
As grey traces of dawn tinge the eastern sky, the three travellers, men of Willowdale, emerge from the forest's shadow. Fording the river, they turn south, journeying into the dark and forbidding lands of The Necromancer...
mbmbmbmbmb
It has been many, many years but I used to spend quite a few Saturdays playing Star Fleet Battles at the Tin Soldier (on the south side of Dayton, actually in Kettering or Centerville, I think). If you have enough free time, do yourself a favor and visit the Air Force Museum at Wright-Patterson. When I lived in Cincinnati, I would usually make at least two trips to the museum every year (once for the Dayton Air Show and once around Christmas time). Never was able to pass up the gift shop and spend lots of money on books and model kits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Cockerilll
United States
Greenfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a super nice store in Kettering. It's less than a year old but I can't remember the name. I had a show down there over the summer and popped in. Kettering is a suburb.
Killjoy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. B @ Rockin' B
United States
Batavia
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Ed and Nate. I found the Tin Soldier in Kettering, unfortunately all that is there anymore is the sign. But, hey it was better than just sittin' around!

Take care!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Hinkle
United States
Twinsburg
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Bookery in Fairborn is the only one that I've found while I'm visiting relatives in Dayton.

http://www.bookeryfantasy.com/

Not a massive Euro selection, but in a pinch...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie McQuinn
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope you'll be in Dayton again...

The store in Kettering they were referring to is Wexford Hill Hobbies

http://www.wexfordhillhobbies.com/

Primarily miniatures, RPG and CCGs, however they maintain a respectable collection of board games.

Our Dayton area boardgaming club meets there twice a month, on the 2nd and 4th Fridays.

Check out our scheduled dates at: http://game-day.org

Jamie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. B @ Rockin' B
United States
Batavia
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Greg and Jamie. Next time I am up that way I will try and check them out.

Jamie, I just missed that one as I was by Stroop road.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls