Popular Tags: [View All]
WJ C
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi
I'm heading to Munich and Prague next month and was wondering if anyone can suggest a few nice gaming stores in those cities that I can visit. Hopefully one that has a good selection and price and with workers that can speak English. thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb
United States
Seminole
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Obletter in Karlsplatz (Munich) has a fairly large section of games downstairs. A few sales, but mostly MSRP from what I could tell (it's been 8 or so years since I was there though).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown

Portland
OR - Oregon
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I also went to both places 2 years ago. I went to Obletter in Munich, and while it was cool to look at, I didn't buy anything because games are much cheaper here. (Have to carry it around the rest of the trip or mail it) The store overall is really neat. There is a place in Prague that I was going to go on my birthday, but wasn't feeling well, that wasn't a game store but more like an old middle ages tavern. Where they serve you the big turkey leg and such (think Medieval times but more authentic) Both places are great to visit! Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown

Portland
OR - Oregon
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
http://www.pragueexperience.com/places.asp?PlaceID=1323
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bailey-Jones
United Kingdom
Somerset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I went to Prague this year and these are the 2 shops I recommend :-

http://www.hras.cz/ - This shop is just at the bottom end of Wenceslas Square, English speaking owner and lots of games in English as well as a few out of print games, prices are a little higher due to the location/maybe import costs?

http://www.tomovyhry.cz/ - This shop is a little way out but easy enough to find, this shop I preferred the most, the owner speaks very good English and is very knowledgeable, also feels like a true games store, has a gaming table and I felt as though if I had a little more time (Was with my non-gaming wife) we could have sat down to play a shop owned game, spent far too much in this store, prices are comparable to UK prices and also had a number of out of print games that ended coming back with me

Also depending on how long you are in Prague (If it is over 10 days) I would suggest purchasing a monthly travel card.

Have fun, also if you want to know of pubs/places to eat drop me a geek mail as can direct you in the right places
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WJ C
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the suggestions, any other suggestions for stores in Munich? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls