Subject: Rahdo Runs Through Essen 2013 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a thread for all the upcoming videos I'll be filming while at Essen Spiel. On my first day, sorry, just a couple of puff pieces, but hopefully I should be getting into some meatier stuff tomorrow

UPDATE! And I've gone on ahead and put all the other vids in this main first entry as well

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Northampton
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for showing the lovely neighborhood you live in. How long will your game collection be unprotected you be in Essen?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good idea to be filming while I sleep. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Blackwell
United Kingdom
Saltdean
East Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry to hear you forgot your microphone you bought especially! Can hear it loud and clear though, so don't worry to you hit the main halls tomorrow!

Good luck and have a great time. Can't wait to find some time to view what you capture.

M B
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ani
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How fun! I can't wait to see more (puff and meat)!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
mudshark_baby wrote:
Sorry to hear you forgot your microphone you bought especially! Can hear it loud and clear though, so don't worry to you hit the main halls tomorrow!

Good luck and have a great time. Can't wait to find some time to view what you capture.

M B

Hehe, imagine me walking through the crowded museum, filming, while holding the camera up about 3 inches away from my mouth to be heard. That was me this evening
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Powell
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rahdo wrote:
mudshark_baby wrote:

M B

Hehe, imagine me walking through the crowded museum, filming, while holding the camera up about 3 inches away from my mouth to be heard. That was me this evening

In my minds eye, that how you always are. That or resting your head on a table talking into a camera.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Cosgrove
United Kingdom
Bury St Edmunds
Suffolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Glad to see that you managed to safely travel!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stasia Doster
United States
Sherman
Texas
flag msg tools
If I am not gaming, I am reading!
mbmbmbmbmb
Great videos, Richard, and the sound was clear, so no worries there. Thanks for sharing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jestin Jund
United States
Sioux Falls
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for reminding me that I live in the wrong part of the world to be a board gamer.

Did you land a press pass per chance?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serious? Lee
United States
Coppell
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Lost in thought.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! Never has your "Rahdo Runs Through" video series been more aptly named. I'm enjoying this point of view of Essen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another quick 'trivia' video posted today. Really hope to get some game vids up tomorrow! (I had a really good video filmed today of Guilds of London actually, but technical difficulties meant I had to scrap it! )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Cosgrove
United Kingdom
Bury St Edmunds
Suffolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for posting it!
We expect some videos of people proudly showing off the gamers' glass!

And I hope you;re getting time to enjoy some games! It sounds like Patchistory is a;ready sold out if you didn't get to see it yet!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I went over there at 915 am (45 minutes before the show started), and there was already a sizable line, and I ain't got time for no lines! Went back an hour later, and they were all gone, as expected. I was sad, but as I said, I ain't got time for no lines!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Richard, I don't know whether you planned to drop by at Feuerland (Glass Road) or Lookout - you've got such a long list of games and I believe Uwe's games are no-brainers for you. But if you plan to, I'd really be happy to demo you the games quickly if you like as a sort of thank-you for all the effort you do with the run-through videos that I really enjoy. If you've already been there and I just missed you, doesn't matter. That's my luck,lol. I missed you at the Warmup already (although I believe I might be in the video for a sec, didn't rewatch it to check - if at all, it was nanosecond or something).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome, thanks for the offer. Actually, I'm already planning on filming a demo of Caverna (as it came out high in the voter requests) from a special guest surprise demoer, which will be awesome if the timing works out! If it doesn't I'll give you a ping!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Reed
United States
Jackson
Missouri
flag msg tools
I'm BullTaco and I approved this message.
badge
Mess with the Bull.....
mbmbmbmb
I am absolutely loving these videos...I am pumped that you are not doing games....just giving your thoughts on the events etc.....you give us people that will probably never go a nice feel on what it would be like if we somehow did make it there!

Thanks so much for your hard work!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Blaiberg
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rahdo wrote:
Awesome, thanks for the offer. Actually, I'm already planning on filming a demo of Caverna (as it came out high in the voter requests) from a special guest surprise demoer, which will be awesome if the timing works out! If it doesn't I'll give you a ping!

Special guest.....

Well it can't be Rodney Smith as he's not at Essen.

Could it be Uwe himself?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nils
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Richard, the passion you demonstrate in your videos is contagious.

Hope you do a runthrough for Russian Railroads and the Tzolkin expansion asap, cant wait for it.

Enjoy your time in Germany.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Henrique
Brazil
Recife
Pernambuco
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love this videos more than the previews itself. You capture the emotions on ESSEN quite well.!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheRiddler1976 wrote:
rahdo wrote:

Special guest.....

Well it can't be Rodney Smith as he's not at Essen.

Could it be Uwe himself?

No no, nothing as fancy as that, but something I would genuinely enjoy. We were going to try to do it today, but I failed! Fingers crossed though for tomorrow (my last day at the show)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Good luck then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
d b
United States
De Forest
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
The road is full of flat squirrels, who couldn't make up their mind.
badge
I taught my dog to play Mage Knight... good dog.
mbmbmbmbmb
Any spotting of Hive's Hive: The Pillbug? Actually looks like you don't own Hive... It is a great two player game, care to explain yourself on that one?

Thanks for the videos. Looks like you are having great fun. I loved the journey video.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
catchy wrote:

In Spiel Mit! - 2, Tony Boydell (Snowdonia) referred to Richard as "volcanically-enthusiastic", which sounds about right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bikefreak wrote:
Any spotting of Hive's Hive: The Pillbug? Actually looks like you don't own Hive... It is a great two player game, care to explain yourself on that one?

Yeah, we tried Hive on the iphone, and it seemed very neat, but a bit ttoo abstract for us

peakhope wrote:
catchy wrote:

In Spiel Mit! - 2, Tony Boydell (Snowdonia) referred to Richard as "volcanically-enthusiastic", which sounds about right.

Tony was a pretty enthusiastic fellow as well
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   |