Popular Tags: read [+] [View All]
Patha
United States
Bay area
California
flag msg tools
mb
out??!!!

Any really good deals or stores with unique games??
thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loi Lam
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a couple of geeklists with game stores in Canada, with several in Toronto. Personally my opinion is that you can't beat the price or selection of www.thecomicwarehouse.com (20 Strathearn Ave). Their website sucks and prices marked seem like MSRP, but if you talk to the owners, they usually will give you a deal if you buy a couple of games or go there frequently. They also have game nights on Monday and the owner has a huge personal selection of games.

I use to buy everything online until I found the store. If you are visiting Toronto and hanging out downtown, then you may want to check out The Hairy Tarantula or 401games, or gametrek - BUT you will be sadly disappointed either by their prices or selection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Not to mean any offense, but looking at your collection you might want to try mindgames.ca (in the Eaton Centre) or Toys 'R US. The Comic Warehouse is good for Euros. If you're a war gamer there's slim to nothing other than Game Trek. Game Trek has a lot of neat stuff but way, way overpriced. Definitely worth dropping by for a browse. They're in the bottom mall of the Hilton hotel on Front Street right across from Union Station.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Diosi
Canada
Newcastle
Ontario
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hairy Tarantula on Yonge near Dundas is also good for games.

Doc

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patha
United States
Bay area
California
flag msg tools
mb
GlennG wrote:

Not to mean any offense, but looking at your collection you might want to try mindgames.ca (in the Eaton Centre)
none taken, glenn g! thanks for the suggestion. Since i'm not really into wargames, it would indeed be a waste of time to be in a store that only offers those.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Cappel
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Strategy Games at 1683 Bayview (south of Eglinton) in Toronto has a very good selection of a wide variety of games. Service is good and prices are pretty much MSRP. You can find almost all of the highest-rated games on the Geek here. This store is the best one I've found in Toronto for Euros and other strategy games.

~Josh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls