Popular Tags: [View All]
N.D. Tepe
United States
North St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all,

I've temporarily relocated to Boca Raton for a few months (for work) and I am trying to find some FLGSs. Any good shops in Boca/Deerfield/Delray Beach etc

THanks in advance,
Nate

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom glass
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
There's a great little game shop a bit further south in Miami, called Sunshine Roleplayers. Its a rather small shop but has a large selection of games that's growing. A group of us play there on Tuesday nights and either Saturday or Sunday. I hope this helps.

Will

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Sauberer
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't been to it, so I can't give a review, but there is a store in the Ft. Lauderdale/Davie area called Dragon's Lair Games.

http://www.adventuregamestore.com/

In West Palm Beach there is a store called Past Present Future Comics. The game emphasis is more on CCGs, but they do carry board games as well.

If you are interested in getting together with a gaming group, we have sessions on Satudays in Wellington. Feel free to check my Geek profile or contact me for more info. The link to our Yahoo group is there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Fox
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's been awhile since the op asked the question, but I went to Dragon's Liar.. Terrible.

Mostly just D & D and magic, small - maybe the size of large bedroom. Very few gamer games. Plus the place was a mess and kinda in a weird spot. Bottom line don't worry about going.

I did find that cool stuff inc has a real store close by, but you really need to order online then pick up in person as the "real store" has limited selection. But you can you get stuff super cheap.

For example in store price for ticket to ride was 37$, but when you web order its something like the web price plus 1$ for in store pickup. Which is a great deal. It was way better than Dragon's Liar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Cheektowaga
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just spoke with my brother he went by and said and Dragon's Lair is OOB. Shame cause they were the best in Ft Lauderdale 20 years ago (been a bit since I have been there at least 5 years now). Used to go there quite a bit to play Battletech and Talisman. I will be hitting Boca Raton from Thursday the 7th through Tuesday the 12th and am asking the same question really. I have a wedding in Miami Sunday but am looking to find some FLGS with Warmahordes stuff on the shelf and maybe sit down for a game or two.

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucy Nguyen
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
There's a store in Parkland, just north of Hillsboro on 441 on the east side. I can't remember the name, but I stopped there one day a few weeks ago. Mostly comics in the store, but they had gaming tables set up too. It's a little set back, but you can see the name from 441.

I hope you realize that from Sunshine Role Players to Boca Raton is about 50 miles of driving, and can be through really bad traffic during certain times of the day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls