Popular Tags: MN [+] [View All]
Gary Bacchus
United States
Altamonte Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In particular, are they're any in or around the Mall of America? I'm up here for a couple of days and will have time to kill.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Close
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Games By James has a store in the Mall of America, as does Air Traffic. Both carry some Euro games and many American ones. MOA has a website with a store locator:

http://www.mallofamerica.com/

You might want to check out Al's Farm Toys and Itz-A-Puzzle and the Lake Wobegon Store. All offer some unusual and unique games from time to time. And if it hasn't totally gone under, KB Toy may still have a presence at the Mall too.

And finally, there's a new game store tenant called "Go! The Game Store" which has a pretty good selection of Euros too (at least in others that I've visited).

You'll find them all listed under "Toys And Games" or "Gifts" in the MOA directory.

Don't let anyone disuade you from visiting the Mall -- it's a blast! I enjoy it and I hate malls. Everyone there is so darned cheery it's hard not to have a good time. It is huge though, so bring your walking shoes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Peterson
United States
Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I posed this same question last month when I was going up there. Here's the link:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/799525#799525

I was up in March and checked out the Mall (game store there was okay) and the Source (VERY GOOD, full price store).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Olson
United States
Auburn
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I go to the Mall all the time, but don't find much there for games.

But then again, I go there often enough, the games don't change often .

I go to the Source alot (http://www.sourcecandg.com/), they have a huge selection, and a big gaming area if you want to play something.

I have also heard good things about Phoenix games, but haven't bothered to try to find it yet, mainly because I like the Source so much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Cannon
United States
Cumming
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The company I used to work for was in the Minneapolis area. And the one destination that I made time for on every visit was The Source (mentioned above). It's far better than anything you will find at the Mall of America and it's worth the trip.

Rob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hawks
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can't beat The Source if you're looking for games in the Twin Cities. But I must say that the Games By James in the Mall of America has the best selection of any GBJ I've ever seen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Schulzetenberg
United States
Albuquerque
NM
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Source is certainly the best one in the area. Games by James in the mall is okay, but the selection is much more limited, and leans a lot more toward the family and lighter fare. Phoenix Games near Lyndale and Lake in Minneapolis is great for miniatures and also has a very good board game selection. It's also a little closer than the source, though it's still guite a ways.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls