Popular Tags: [View All]
Allen Vailliencourt
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone know of any good stores in this area? My sister lives in Franklin and wants to check out some local stores to see what they have. She's not had any luck finding a store though.

I know there's 'The Game Keep' as mentioned on an older thread here but it sounds like it's pretty weak.

Lemme know if anyone has any recommendations!

Thx.

~V

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Greer
South Carolina
msg tools
designer
The Game Keep isn't bad. In fact, unless you're willing to drive out to Gallatin, it's the only game in town.

There's a toy store in the Belle Meade area that sells some Euro-games -- Phillips Toy Mart. They're not strictly a game store, though, so their selection is pretty slim.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AS a somewhat infrequent visitor to the area, (my company is based in Murfreesboro), I was pretty impressed with the Game Keep's selection. They had Return of the Heros, which none of my local, (Seattle), stores have...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Perry
United States
Spring Hill
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Ex-Term-In-Ate
mbmbmbmbmb
Verkisto wrote:
The Game Keep isn't bad. In fact, unless you're willing to drive out to Gallatin, it's the only game in town.

There's a toy store in the Belle Meade area that sells some Euro-games -- Phillips Toy Mart. They're not strictly a game store, though, so their selection is pretty slim.

Well, there is the Great Escape, it is more of a collectibles place (CDs/Records/Tapes, Movies, Comics, wide selection of CCGs), they occassionally have some board games.

There are other CCG/Comic shops that carry the occassional board game in town as well. The Game Keep has by far the best boardgame selection that I know of.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Goff
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Clemson Tigers!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. I remember The Great Escape. It was a wonderful walk in the past. Great LP selection. Of course, when I was there last, people were still listening to LP's.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Smith
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I live in Green Hills (Nashville). The Game Keep continues to be an excellent choice, but Phillips Toy Mart in Belle Meade is a strong second. Phillips has recently gone to some lengths to beef up its selection of board games, and it has a great number of Eurogames as well as more standard fare, plus Warhammer games. If you visit Phillips, you'll find a selection of games in the boardgames section of the store, but you'll also find games near the Airfix and models and you'll find more boardgames in the Warhammer section. The store carries small games and big ones. Don't be put off because it is also a toy store: I appreciate the efforts of the owners to start carrying more boardgames and I hope they continue to do so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Vailliencourt
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool. Thanks for the info guys. I will send these names to my sister and see if she gets out to them.

~V

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Pate
United States
Franklin
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am hoping to have a game store open in Franklin before the end of summer. It will probably be in the Cool Springs area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow--a game store in the Cool Springs area would be the hotness. I'd definitely make the drive up to check it out. And if any enterprising individuals are in the Huntsville, AL area, we have ZERO good gaming shops. Heck, we barely have what I would consider ONE gaming shop. It's ripe for the pickings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Vailliencourt
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
surlyduff wrote:
I am hoping to have a game store open in Franklin before the end of summer. It will probably be in the Cool Springs area.

Oh wow! Cool Springs is about 10-15 min from where they live! Please keep us posted as my wife and I will be up there this summer or 2 to visit.

~V

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Davis
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Nord's Games at Hickory Hollow in Antioch has a very big selection of games, but is quite expensive. There is a place in Bellevue Mall called Next Level games that has some board games but is mostly a CCG/Comics store. I think ebay is usually the best option.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls