Peter Thur
Germany
Weitersburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jurney85 wrote:
The poorest designed KS project I have seen to date is this one

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/90731803/the-push

"war" as a 1/6 chance on the arts/crafts die? Is that project funded by the government?...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Go
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
If you're having hull problems I feel bad for you son, I've got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
badge
TauLeaderGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Holmes! wrote:
Projects like this actually make me really happy that Kickstarter exists. Not for the trainwreck entertainment value of looking at such a loopy project--entertaining as it may be, in a kinda cruel way--but because in years past, this cat woulda mortgaged his house to go hip deep into a terrible business plan. There's nothing sadder than going to a toy and game show and seeing schlemiels with their booths, piles of ill-considered games stacked behind them. At least with KS, these ideas can crash and burn in virtual space before life's savings are sucked into the void.

Wow. Well said.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Go
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
If you're having hull problems I feel bad for you son, I've got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
badge
TauLeaderGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
After seeing so many of these Kickstarters with unlicensed images and miscalculated totals I really wonder what the approval process for campaigns are.

I believe my campaign took 2 days to get approved. Which of course could mean they just took 2 days to get to mine, spent 10 minutes to look for nudity, offensive language, or overt theft then hit ok.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jvdv wrote:
Yes, because each driver has some dice in his car.
Fuzzy ones. Hanging from the rearview mirror.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Lanctot
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jurney85 wrote:
The poorest designed KS project I have seen to date is this one

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/90731803/the-push

Wow, that one was tough to get through.. especially given how enthusiastic she sounds while describing it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bort
Australia
Brisbane
Qld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SamNzed wrote:

Wow.

Just.....

Wow.

I think one of the guys in the last bit of the video scratches his arse - which makes you think that must have been their best take.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Waller
United States
Overland Park
KS
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Ghool wrote:

Cannot thank you enough for leading me to this! The first minute of the video was legitimate and professional and then it spirals into madness! You're telling me I could win a Ferrari and dream home by playing this game?!?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Contig the fallen
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Holmes! wrote:
At least with KS, these ideas can crash and burn in virtual space

I'm not a fan of the pile on aspect of these threads, but I would like to highlight this statement. It's nice that they can find out the project won't sell before they make it. This is especially true if the idea was good and for some reason it isn't appealing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Grimshaw
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
kevinj wrote:
"NASCAR being the most popular event on the planet"

What the Internet really needs is a means of highlighting text called Opinion. We have Bold, Italic, Underline and, Strike-through, yet no Opinion.

Then Google could add a button that filters out everything that uses the Opinion Tag.. It's just a thought really, but if there were a significant demand maybe I could Kickstart it for a couple of million.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damo
Australia
Hobart
Tasmania
flag msg tools
Look Up! Stay Alive!
badge
http://australianmuseum.net.au/Drop-Bear
mbmbmbmbmb
TVis wrote:

2) I do accept the shorthand description that "NASCAR is soap opera for men."

but I'm pretty confident the same applies for some other professonal sports, as well.

Especially soccer, where players fall on the ground in pain when anyone gets within a couple of metres...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ross W
United States
Studio City
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
here's is what a sample turn might look like:

1d6 = (6) = 6 go straight.
1d6 = (6) = 6 turn left.
1d6 = (3) = 3 go straight.
1d6 = (6) = 6 turn left.

with only 500 turns per game, this game could conceivably be played faster than a real NASCAR race.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 473484. Zortag
  • 1d6 =
  • (6) =
  • Sat Dec 7, 2013 10:50 pm
  • [+]
  • 473485. Zortag
  • 1d6 =
  • (6) =
  • [+]
  • 473486. Zortag
  • 1d6 =
  • (3) =
  • [+]
  • 473487. Zortag
  • 1d6 =
  • (6) =
  • Sat Dec 7, 2013 10:51 pm
Shaun Cooley
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sharky6000 wrote:
SamNzed wrote:
You guys missed this one.....

Worst Kickstarter video EVER!!!!

Heaven is still my favorite. I just rewatched the video and seriously cannot do so without laughing. I can't believe someone put this together. It blows my mind.

I think a more fun game would be the following: multiple rounds. Every round, you put the Heaven video on repeat until someone laughs, then that player is eliminated. Last person standing wins. Absolutely would also work as a drinking game.

laugh

I just lost that game less than 2 seconds in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Elliott
United States
Hilliard
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This thread is the reason I am not funding BGG this year. Do people in this community think it is funny to pick on other people?

This community is following the whole bullying movement that is growing in the United States. Many in this community should be ashamed of themselves. Is this the example many of you want to set for others?

This thread should have been closed long ago due to the mean natured here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Farrell
Australia
Rozelle
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Averagely Inadequate
badge
Buster Keaton from 'Go West'
mbmbmbmbmb
paladinelliott wrote:
This community is following the whole bullying movement that is growing in the United States.

Don't forget Australia, there are some Aussies that think those Kickstarters are pretty lame as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
paladinelliott wrote:
This thread is the reason I am not funding BGG this year.

And what about 2011 and 2012?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Elliott
United States
Hilliard
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A legitimate question deserves an answer. I was not in a position to give donations during both years.

I am doing a lot better financially this year, and was going to donate. I had the change of heart after reading some of the threads in the General Forum.

Jason

P.S. One could argue Wendall that your donation is/ is not supporting bullying here.

The line has to be drawn somewhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Somerton
Australia
North Ryde - Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Duplicitous!
badge
I don't play to win - I play for enjoyment and social interaction.
mbmbmbmbmb
paladinelliott wrote:
This thread is the reason I am not funding BGG this year. Do people in this community think it is funny to pick on other people?

This community is following the whole bullying movement that is growing in the United States. Many in this community should be ashamed of themselves. Is this the example many of you want to set for others?

You have to be kidding me. BGG is one of the last refuges of relative niceness and civility remaining on the net. If this particularly mild discussion here offends you, then one would hope you never venture into the remaining 99% of the internet, because if you do I'm afraid you're in for a terrible shock.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Waller
United States
Overland Park
KS
flag msg tools
badge
mb
paladinelliott wrote:

You won't support this site because of a few threads in what are probably hundreds or even thousands of threads posted every day? You're basically basing your decision on < .001% of what BGG is all about.

And don't get me wrong. I've had similar experiences in the past year (see my thread The ugly side of BGG, a poll, and a pledge to do my part). You get a choice in how you choose to participate and I encourage to make that personal decision for yourself. But please don't go using that as an excuse not to support the site. I will buy the 2014 badge with pleasure despite some of the negativity I have about they way some members choose to use it.

Searching hot forums from this past week. See the support. See the positivity.
Hello Fellow BoardGame Geeks!
A tribute to my mom 1935-1992
Free games...
My dad passed away tonight
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Lanctot
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
paladinelliott wrote:

I removed my last post which one may argue was contributing to 'bullying'.

Nonetheless, 'bullying' is quite a stretch in these cases. These are KS projects! They are already public from the get go. The moment you host a project on KS, you have acknowledged that you're willing to take whatever criticism the Internet is willing to throw at you. And besides, where do you draw the line, anyway? Are we allowed to discuss bad KS projects? If so, are we allowed to make a few jokes? Shall we assign an admin to police only these kind of threads?

You're associating us with people who spread naked pictures of others all over Facebook. Definitely not cool. You should be ashamed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Lanctot
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@Joe: nice post.

jwallerrocks wrote:

This one just hit me like a ton of bricks. My dad passed away in September and all I wanted right after was some kind of acknowledgement from others, and I never would have thought to post to BGG. So this post makes me very happy (and emotional, but in a good way). Thank you.

But, it's Christmas season... so! I just also wanted to add mention of the Paul's Zombies!!! post for designer Todd Breitenstein earlier this year. I've never heard of a more positive community-driven morale boost as I did with that "campaign".

Seriously... I think we're a bunch of good people. Go BGG!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Kleizer
Hungary
Győr
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Quote:
Especially soccer, where players fall on the ground in pain when anyone gets within a couple of metres...

Good players don't do this. As demonstrated here by Messi: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0gS5CshUDE
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
paladinelliott wrote:
A legitimate question deserves an answer. I was not in a position to give donations during both years.

I am doing a lot better financially this year, and was going to donate. I had the change of heart after reading some of the threads in the General Forum.

Jason

P.S. One could argue Wendall that your donation is/ is not supporting bullying here.

The line has to be drawn somewhere.

I apologize for the slightly snarky question. But as others have said, I don't see this thread being bullying (for one thing, to be bullied it is necessary to be aware of the bullying behavior, and I doubt any of the folks who have kickstarted these games are even on BGG or they would have probably not have made such unrealistic kickstarts), and though BGG isn't perfect, its overall tone is pretty positive and mild compared to most of the intarwebz.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg Saruwatari
United States
Arroyo Grande
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All good soccer players =/= Messi
Criticizing choices =/= bullying
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Glover
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This one is just as bad. Adding up all the "limited" pledge levels gets you nowhere near the goal of 75k. I think it is a conspiracy...

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/981995963/the-american-c...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian McCormick
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Tasteless Brute
mbmbmbmbmb
paladinelliott wrote:
This community is following the whole bullying movement that is growing in the United States.

"Bullying movement that is growing in the US"?

Ah, yes. Now I know what you're talking about. You're talking about the "anti bullying movement" where a 8-year-old kid pointing his finger in the shape of a gun and going "pew pew" gets him sent to the principal's office and suspended.

Glad we're both on the same page. I want this silly "anti bullying movement" to end, too. That's what you meant, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [271] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.