Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chad Caughmann
msg tools
col_w wrote:
Are Gamezone victims?

...of their own stupidity?

...of their own sense of entitlement?

...of their own dishonest, unethical, shady business tactics?

Yeah, I can get on board with that
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
United States
Lebanon
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Penny Press Kickstarter: 1,284 backers - $60,376! Amazing! Thank you!!!
badge
Play Penny Press!
mbmbmbmbmb
People that back this the way it is right now will either:
A. Loose all their money
B. Purchase stolen property

So I am out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patxo Sans Sampietro
Spain
01009 VITORIA
SPAIN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A beter questio could be: are GZ pirates?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Sherman
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
Friman wrote:
[q="Omega2064"]

From their official page:

LOL This is solid gold and on par with the classic phrase "All your base are belong to us". Thank you GZ! Your communication efforts continue to amaze and entertain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobb Beauchamp
United States
Volo
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't care that GZ owns a Spanish trademark to the name Heroquest. The classic board game called Heroquest is owned by Hasbro, and unless/until Hasbro announces that they have licensed or contracted GZ to make an official version of their game, the GZ project is nothing more than a pirated version of someone else's property that's trying to generate money using a legal technicality...which likely will result in product being stopped at US customs and never reaching anyone in the US foolish enough to back this, wherever they end up taking it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Jones
United States
Bend
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sir Gruntsalot wrote:
Friman wrote:

LOL This is solid gold and on par with the classic phrase "All your base are belong to us". Thank you GZ! Your communication efforts continue to amaze and entertain.

I had the exact same thought. All Your Waits Are Belong To Us
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David K.
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hows waits boots ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Friman wrote:
Sir Gruntsalot wrote:
Friman wrote:
[q="Omega2064"]

My guess is the original phrase is "Everything you've ever been hoping for is finally here".

Or rather: "Everything you will ever want is here." One letter, a world of difference. Granted, their version is funnier

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Shinners
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Casus Belli wrote:
Friman wrote:
Sir Gruntsalot wrote:
Friman wrote:
[q="Omega2064"]

My guess is the original phrase is "Everything you've ever been hoping for is finally here".

Or rather: "Everything you will ever want is here." One letter, a world of difference. Granted, their version is funnier

I'm guessing that the original used the Spanish verb "esperar", which can translate to both "hope/desire" and "wait for". And they used a software translator instead of a person, which picked the wrong one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Sherman
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
MattShinners wrote:
Casus Belli wrote:
Friman wrote:
Sir Gruntsalot wrote:
Friman wrote:
[q="Omega2064"]

I'm guessing that the original used the Spanish verb "esperar", which can translate to both "hope/desire" and "wait for". And they used a software translator instead of a person, which picked the wrong one.

Doesn't bode well for rules and/or flavor text on cards.

At this point I have no interest in funding GZ's development of a HeroQuest game as I have no faith in a quality, or legal, finished product. But, I am LOVING these threads!!! Very entertaining!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sir Gruntsalot wrote:
MattShinners wrote:
Casus Belli wrote:
Friman wrote:
Sir Gruntsalot wrote:
Friman wrote:
[q="Omega2064"]

Doesn't bode well for rules and/or flavor text on cards.

At this point I have no interest in funding GZ's development of a HeroQuest game as I have no faith in a quality, or legal, finished product. But, I am LOVING these threads!!! Very entertaining!

Have you seen the new trailer?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7RAAB3IlmLs&desktop_uri=%2Fwat...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Sherman
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
mfaulk80 wrote:
Just watched it, thx for link. Sad really, the project has tons of potential but it's still a non-starter for me due to GZ's opaque and dubious behavior

On the upside, I (we) have a bunch of very promising WHQ'esq dungeon crawlers headed our way in 2014; 'Myth', 'Kingdom Death: Monster' and 'Shadows of Brimstone' all of which I've backed on Kickstarter.

The only thing that interests me in GZ's HQ25 is all these great BBG forum threads!! Cheers

EDIT: clarified non-starter statement
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raphael Pigulla
Germany
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sir Gruntsalot wrote:
On the upside, I (we) have a bunch of very promising WHQ'esq dungeon crawlers headed our way in 2014; 'Myth', 'Kingdom Death: Monster' and 'Shadows of Brimstone' all of which I've backed on Kickstarter.

You must have a lot of money and spare time. I'm jealous.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
topera wrote:
They saying they are not giving easy money.

I think the *half a million* CAD raised on KS in three days was the easy money...!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Müller
Germany
flag msg tools
http://www.verkami.com/ will be the next Plattform. Cant wait for the show to begin. Oh well, and to back if it goes well, cause its a spanish platform

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Bazler
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
"Come, and trip it as you go..."
badge
"...on the light fantastic toe."
mbmbmbmbmb
cybernex wrote:
And then yesterday I read in an interview to a Spanish site:
"Si copiáramos exactamente el juego, es decir, si hiciéramos una reimpresión tal cual, sí que hubiéramos pedido permiso explícito de Hasbro. NO ES ESO LO QUE ESTAMOS HACIENDO, estamos realizando una versión conmemorativa. Todo el arte, figuras y componentes son distintos."
Translation: If we were doing a reprint of the original, we would ask permission from Hasbro. This is not what we are doing. we are doing a commemorative (!!!!) edition. All the art, miniatures and components are different)

That, is they say they do not need permission, so they are NOT asking any permission to Hasbro, because they want to change everything.

I can't wait for their "commemorative" 10-year-anniversary edition of Power Grid, their "commemorative" 5-year-anniversary edition of Le Havre, and their "commemorative" 6-month-anniversary edition of Caverna.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Sherman
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
n3rd wrote:
Sir Gruntsalot wrote:

You must have a lot of money and spare time. I'm jealous.
Not so much of the money stuff any more...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cbazler wrote:
cybernex wrote:
"Si copiáramos exactamente el juego, es decir, si hiciéramos una reimpresión tal cual, sí que hubiéramos pedido permiso explícito de Hasbro. NO ES ESO LO QUE ESTAMOS HACIENDO, estamos realizando una versión conmemorativa. Todo el arte, figuras y componentes son distintos."
Translation: If we were doing a reprint of the original, we would ask permission from Hasbro. This is not what we are doing. we are doing a commemorative (!!!!) edition. All the art, miniatures and components are different)

That, is they say they do not need permission, so they are NOT asking any permission to Hasbro, because they want to change everything.

I can't wait for their "commemorative" 10-year-anniversary edition of Power Grid, their "commemorative" 5-year-anniversary edition of Le Havre, and their "commemorative" 6-month-anniversary edition of Caverna.

Thank you for that. I feel like that statement really exemplifies the ridiculousness of this situation....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Müller
Germany
flag msg tools
cbazler wrote:
cybernex wrote:

If they have the rights to do so, why not. That question has to be answered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Carter
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mb
Quote:
All Your Waits Are Belong To Us

IN A.D. 2013

LEGAL DISPUTE WAS BEGINNING

GAMEZONE BOSS: WHAT HAPPEN ?

GAMEZONE EMPLOYEE: SOMEBODY SET US UP THE BOMB!

WE GET C&D!

GAMEZONE BOSS: WHAT !

GAMEZONE EMPLOYEE: KICKSTARTER TURN ON!

GAMEZONE BOSS: IT'S YOU !

MOON DESIGN: HOW ARE YOU GENTLEMAN !!

ALL YOUR TRADEMARKS ARE BELONG TO US.

YOU ARE ON THE WAY TO DESTRUCTION.

GAMEZONE BOSS: WHAT YOU SAY !!

MOON DESIGN: YOU HAVE NO CHANCE TO SURVIVE MAKE YOUR TIME.

HA HA HA HA ....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Beat you to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Flashmueller wrote:
cbazler wrote:
cybernex wrote:

If they have the rights to do so, why not. That question has to be answered.

Except they don't. You would do well to read all the existing information before coming in and just dumping false information in a thread. It doesn't need to be explained for you again - you need to make an effort to read it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sylvain Charpentier
France
Alfortville
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
(posted in the other thread too : http://boardgamegeek.com/article/14195924#14195924 )

And another BIG lie from GZ to bring a lot of backer in their illegal project :

On their website : http://www.heroquestclassic.com/update-about-hq25th-situatio...
Quote:
Tomorrow at this time we will reopen the HQ25th project in a spanish crowfunding platform, Verkami. We decided do this so we own the trademark in Spain and avoid that can't be attacked in the middle of crowdfunding under any "suspected remote threat."

Everything will be as a "period followed" except for two main differences:

In Verkami, the money given to the project author undertakes to complete the game, and if he didn't, then he have the obligation to return the money to participants.

The stretch goals that were already released, will return to gain from a base figure, all of them, you won't need to unlock them again.

That's entirely false, there is absolutely NO obligation on Verkami's crowdfunding platform to give the money back to backers if the campaign is a success but you can't get your project to his end (e.g. because of a lawsuit from Hasbro... ? whistle).

FAQ from Verkami : http://www.verkami.com/page/faq
Quote:
If I am unable to complete my project, what should I do?

If for whatever reason you think you won't be able to complete your project as you said you would, you must stop your project and cancel fundraising. If you have successfully funded your project and have already received the money then you are expected to give all the money back. A failure to do so could result in damage to your reputation or even legal action on behalf of your patrons.

(patrons = backers)

You are "expected to" is not the same as a "legal obligation" as stated by GZ.
So, GZ could get a bad reputation ? Whoa, it doesn't have one yet ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gamezone wrote:
In Verkami, the money given to the project author undertakes to complete the game, and if he didn't, then he have the obligation to return the money to participants.

GameZone tells backers that Verikami will make them give back the money if unsuccessful.

Quote:
FAQ from Verkami : http://www.verkami.com/page/faq
Verikami wrote:
If I am unable to complete my project, what should I do?

If for whatever reason you think you won't be able to complete your project as you said you would, you must stop your project and cancel fundraising. If you have successfully funded your project and have already received the money then you are expected to give all the money back. A failure to do so could result in damage to your reputation or even legal action on behalf of your patrons.

Verikami says "you might look bad and they might sue you but we won't do much else about it".

Typical GameZone, twisting words to gain false confidence. Are people really this ignorant?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
kelann08 wrote:
Are people really this ignorant?

I've been in many a KickStarter "discussion" where they cite a similar KS statement so... yes!

I haven't requested a cc refund on a KS project, but any backers should do their research ahead of time. I don't know if an international charge is handled any differently than a domestic one.

Then google "hansfree kickstarter" immediately afterwards!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [12] |