Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Li
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to be doing a weekend trip to Oklahoma City fairly soon. Can anyone suggest any good game stores in the area for me to browse while I'm there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
admin
Convention Committee
badge
BGG.CON! BGG.CON SPRING! BGG@SEA!
mbmbmbmbmb
Game Headquarters. www.gameheadquarters.com

SW 89th & Penn.

Big store, great selection, two huge gaming rooms that they keep open well past business hours.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Coon
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great store! I've visited from Texas a couple of times now and always find something to take home. If you're a wargamer, you owe it to yourself to stop by - they have a great selection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy K.
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
Way-whu-nuh-now?!
mbmbmbmbmb
This post may be coming a little late, but there is also a games/comics store in Norman, OK, called the Wizard's Asylum.

http://wizardsasylumcomicsa4052924263.worldpages-ads.com/

The Wizard's Asylum doesn't have anywhere near the selection of boardgames or wargames that Games HQ has (in fact their selection is quite small), but it does have a nice comics section and a ton of CCG and miniatures items. I've also found their boardgames prices are slightly cheaper than Games HQ.

Norman is about a half hour drive from OKC city center. It's where the University of Oklahoma is. If you have the time, it's worth your while to tour the campus and hit the Sam Noble Oklahoma Museum of Natural History (if you like dinos).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy K.
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
Way-whu-nuh-now?!
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't have any work to do today, so I took some time to visit both Games HQ and the Wizard's Asylum. And now I have to revise my post (above).

Games HQ has far more boardgames, CCGs, and miniatures than the Wizard's Asylum. (I'm not very interested in CCGs or miniatures, so I hadn't really looked that closely before.) But I can report that the Wizard's Asylum is still cheaper.

Hope I haven't steered anybody wrong!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Parker Banks
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just letting anyone who is still looking for a good game store in the OKC area that we just opened a new store in Edmond. PB & J Games located at 1201 NW 178th St Edmond, OK has a great selection of games and puzzles and a growing board game library!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls