Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rafael Sanchez
United States
Casselberry
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Orlando, Florida in the US? If so then go to CoolStuffInc. You can find the address in this page: https://www.coolstuffinc.com/main_contact.php
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin C.
United States
Easton
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
so where should I go?

That's like asking, "I'll be visiting Manchester....where can I catch a good football match?"

You're going to the promise land, man.

You won't be the same after your trip to CSI. One can't look upon the face of god and remain unchanged.

Kevin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott M.
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
demonsss wrote:
I am in Orlando at Easter and I am from the UK... I will be wanting to stock up on all those gaming goodies you all have across the pond... so where should I go?

COOLSTUFF Hands down... one shop stop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
note that if you are going to be here long enough you could order from any USA etailer and ship it to your location here

coolstuff you will need a car to get to, you'll likely want to go to the maitland location (take maitland blvd location)... but note that a very small subset of what they stock (maitland is also where warehouse is) is on the shelves to browse... to get other stuff you order from a computer that takes you to the website

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
NWS Wargaming Store
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
note that if you are going to be here long enough you could order from any USA etailer and ship it to your location here

We are in Orlando if that helps any.

Thanks
Christopher Dean
NWS

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NWS Online Store wrote:
Quote:

We are in Orlando if that helps any.

Thanks
Christopher Dean
NWS

out of curiosity where exactly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
NWS Wargaming Store
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:

Online only..

Thanks
Christopher Dean
NWS

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NWS Online Store wrote:
JeffyJeff wrote:

Online only..

Thanks
Christopher Dean
NWS

how about a local pickup option?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
NWS Wargaming Store
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:

Sorry... online only, especially considering my hectic schedule.

Thanks
Christopher Dean
NWS

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NWS Online Store wrote:
JeffyJeff wrote:

Sorry... online only, especially considering my hectic schedule.

Thanks
Christopher Dean
NWS

bummer, would have liked another option than just coolstuff for us locals... though checking your website you have neither Terra Mystica nor Bruges, only two games I'm interested in right now

also unless I'm mistaken there is no free shipping threshold?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
NWS Wargaming Store
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We cannot carry Zman titles as they now work exclusively with a supplier we do not deal with.

As to "free shipping" (which technically does not exist), no we do not inflate our item prices in exchange for shipping discounts. I prefer to keep our shipping transparent so our best prices and shipping rates apply for ANY size order. We also attempt to price match any lower TOTAL including any rewards, shipping "specials", etc.. even though our totals are already very competitive. No pressure sales tactics. I have far too many retirees, vets, and folks on limited incomes that I work with to use such methods just to beef up sales.

As I like to say.. the total is all that matters, all else is numbers noise.

We do have some shipping specials for specific publishers that have pricing requirements, they are noted on our store.

Thanks
Christopher Dean
NWS

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NWS Online Store wrote:
As I like to say.. the total is all that matters, all else is numbers noise.

yea, total of course does matter... but for some of us it's also...

* how much work we, the customer, has to do to determine what that total is... having to go online store to online store, adding each game one by one to our cart and going through the checkout ... checking your store I don't appear to even be able to get that without giving your site my credit card information! I'm guessing this is because you are using a yahoo store front

being able to just compare the prices and cart total without worrying about shipping costs is fast and convenient

* if the store has the basket of games one is wants to purchase. your store sadly in addition to not having any Z-Man titles you only have five (5) Rio Grande Games (RGG) titles (not counting a few expansions for a couple of those titles)?? I'm guessing your store focuses more on war and miniature gaming? In fact when I click on your "store information" the page is hosted on a site www.navalwarfare.net "NWS ONLINE COMBAT GAMING STORE" and I find out what NWS stands for "Naval Warefare Simulations". non-War Euro strategy games appear to be a small side business which is ok, I'm just not your target customer

* order turnaround time... you appear to be a one man operation as your normal processing time you state is 1 to 5 *business* (M-F) days for in stock items. it also says you ship USPS parcel post

fwiw looks like your address is on that navalwarefare site, for yuks I checked where it is if you had a local pickup option and for me it would be 45 minute drive each way from Longwood so local pickup wouldn't help me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
NWS Wargaming Store
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To Jeff,

a) As noted on our store, to check the total just put in your zip code and hit the "apply" button on the checkout page.. the shipping estimate shows up on the right and updates automatically. Very simple. The system just needs to know where you are - like USA, international, Canada? It cannot figure that out without some idea of your location. This same instruction is given on every page of the checkout process. No CC information required. This is really no different then any other online store. I can do the "$100 to get free ship" but that means inflating every price on our store to compensate, all that just so buyers don't have to enter their location for US shipments?

b) Yes, one man operation.. as much as possible most orders go out very quickly but there are some small niche publishers/items that might require a couple of extra days to bring in as needed. This also gives me some breathing room if I am getting slammed (like lots of pre-orders all at once).

c) Yes, we do focus more on wargames, dice, miniatures, and accessories. Most mainstream titles do not move very well for us. DVG, VPG, Compass, GMT, MMP, etc.. work out better for our operations. We can do some special requests at times also.

d) As noted on our store,
Quote:
* All USA shipments (>13oz) are shipped using Parcel Post or Priority Mail if the postage is around the same cost or less.

If I can use priority mail when the costs are about the same I will use that method by default. Parcel Post is around the same type of method as UPS or FEDEX ground - without the residential fees and I can ship anywhere. You can also request priority for heavier shipments or a quote for it at time of ordering in the comments box at checkout.

Let me know if that helps clear up some questions.

Thanks
Christopher Dean
NWS

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darian Tucker
United States
New Smyrna Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Fly, Eagles, fly!
mbmbmbmbmb
demonsss wrote:
I am in Orlando at Easter and I am from the UK... I will be wanting to stock up on all those gaming goodies you all have across the pond... so where should I go?

I have a gaming club at a local college if you need someone to game with during your time here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls