Hilko Drude
Germany
Goettingen
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
What are you doing!? I don't even know you!
mbmbmbmbmb
Foeshel wrote:
maybe refresh?
because it seems to work with me

*corrected the text of the link above forgot that

Yes, works now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Lauryssen
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi all,

It is Saturday morning and we continue our story where we left of...

Game Night: Adventure 171 - Out of control

Enjoy your weekend!
Kevin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Lauryssen
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Goodmorning all,

Aah with my trusty old old cup of coffee in hand I present to you a new page of Game Night: Adventure

Game Night: Adventure 172 - But how...

Enjoy your weekend!
Kevin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikki Ebright
Netherlands
Arnhem
flag msg tools
badge
New Avatar! So much Excite! Photo credit to Debbie Ohi, who is Awesome!
mbmbmbmbmb
If I was a nail-biting person, they'd be very bitten by now! The story has gotten very suspenseful for me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hanna
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really want to read your comic and after closing the forum tab and reopening because I didn't want to make an adobe account, I came back because I want to read it. But not it wants to make me make a portfolio.

Am I missing something? How do I read your comic? cry

Do you have a wixsite or even a tumblr or something thats easier to browse? Or am I just doing something horribly wrong?

EDIT: Just kidding, the recent pages all load perfectly fine. Damn you, adobe! *fist shake*

Perhaps add a link to the new website in the first post for those of us that start there and were too lazy to go try the later pages? modest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Lauryssen
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi all,

It is Saturday... and yes I have coffee... and well let's lead you into this softly... today is special, as today I post the last page of Game Night: Adventure.

First of all, I thank you for taking the time every week for a couple of years and reading the comic. This has helped me a lot to finish this project and I am so glad to see it and show it!

In the beginning, I named this comic Game Night: Adventure as this was sorta a continuation of the former gag comic Game Night. But halfway through and certainly towards the end, I don't know if I am still very sure of the title. So suggestions are welcome. So far someone suggested a title which I sorta like " The oddventures of Melvin and Kaya". Let me know what you think.

So without further ado here is the last page of Game Night: Adventure!

Game Night: Adventure 173 - The end.

For those interested in having a read from the beginning (Qryptid here is your link )

Game Night: Adventure 001 - In the beginning...

So what is next, for Game Night: next month I will try to get my book published, this would be a dream of mine, we'll see if a publisher is interested. I will keep you updated on that process. But for a while, that will be it for Game Night: Adventure.
I am working on a new project which will be a little different than this one, but that is far from concrete but it is getting there. You'll see an update on this as well but first I am taking a little break.

I am so happy for your continued support be it in reading the comic, your feedback, your text editing or corrections, this has helped me a lot.

Thank you!
Kevin
  • [+] Dice rolls
The hardest part of becoming a self-made man has got to be creating your own DNA sequences.
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I think that all right-thinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am.
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice! I've been reading this series since you started, and enjoyed it a lot. Thanks for taking the time to write and draw this adventure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hilko Drude
Germany
Goettingen
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
What are you doing!? I don't even know you!
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh wow. What an ending... thanks for all the entertainment. Please don't forget to keep us posted about your next projects.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everything between now and the next game is just killing time
England
London
Agitation
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, as others have said, this was lots of fun... not sure what I will do with my Saturday mornings now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Lauryssen
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi all,

For me it is weird as well as my internal clock goes it is Saturday morning...

I am happy to say that I have been drawing and that the main characters of the new project have been finalized. Yeah, I know this is a huge tease but it will not come online anytime soon.
I can say on the other hand that it won't be a long-form story as Game Night: Adventure.

I have to say that this new project has taken over my week and that I have a very good feeling for it as I already enjoy drawing it. Yeah, great vacation so far... I haven't been able to put down the pencil or the markers... The last tease except for scanning and maybe small touchups this project is done by hand and not digital. Okay enough about that, you'll see it when it is done!

Again thank you for the time invested in reading Game Night I hope I can entice you once more in the future

Greets,
Kevin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Clevidence
United States
Woodburn
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
claymore_57 wrote:
Very nice! I've been reading this series since you started, and enjoyed it a lot. Thanks for taking the time to write and draw this adventure.

I started at the same time, but one page a week when the adventure comic started was too agonizing, so I switched to once a month. When the the story got going, however, I started losing track of the details and so I stopped completely. I was happy to start over and read from start to finish, but sorry it's over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Lauryssen
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
How was the reread front to back? Any gaping plot holes you noticed?
Did you enjoy the read? I noticed that the beginning was a little slow but eventually it does find its groove, but I always wondered how you all felt about it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Clevidence
United States
Woodburn
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I enjoyed it. I didn't think it was too slow. On the contrary, I thought the last part went a little too fast. Not the climax, I mean the part where they're going through...Mordor, for lack of a better name. There was the Battle of the Three Armies, but that was pretty chaotic and then the journey was suddenly done and it was time for the boss battle. Of course, this is easy for me to say because I'm not the one who had to come up with the story and do the drawing and inking and writing. Also, I tend to read novels, not comics, and so could have been coming in with an unreasonable set of expectations. It is 170 pages long already, after all, and maybe that's how long one-shots usually are?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Foeshel wrote:

So what is next, for Game Night: next month I will try to get my book published, this would be a dream of mine, we'll see if a publisher is interested. I will keep you updated on that process.

From my understanding Osprey Games, was originally a publisher of RPG content and they still publish books, as well as games, now. I wonder if they would be interested in adding an RPG centric comic adventure into their lineup. Maybe worth checking into.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Lauryssen
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Cool I'll have look into that. As well August I am free and I'll try to promote the comic with publishers and see if it can move into a further stage. But I like that idea a lot

As for speed towards the end I understand. I had this idea a long time ago for comedic value to toy with expectations. The clash of the armies. I could draw it out, which I could have done but I found it very funny to cut it and then go jeez what a battle... I thought your imagination would be better at producing your own battle and then give a little more in the final conflict.

But thanks for the feedback

Greets,
Kevin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikki Ebright
Netherlands
Arnhem
flag msg tools
badge
New Avatar! So much Excite! Photo credit to Debbie Ohi, who is Awesome!
mbmbmbmbmb
I would have enjoyed a more drawn out battle and boss battle and resolution, more of the big bad understanding what was happening, etc. It's possible that's because I was enjoying the story and wanted more.

Thank you for all this. I have really enjoyed the comic and look forward to seeing what you do in the future!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Lauryssen
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi all,

I thought I would let you know about something I am doing because I am drawing daily and posting them on Instagram. Oktober is known under illustrators and so forth as Inktober which is sorta a challenge to draw something inked and put it online daily. You can follow an official list with themes or not I chose the latter route

I am drawing some comics about current life and also some lose illustration. You might be interested in that if you are
Follow @foeshel on instagram.

I hope you are all alright!

Greets,
Kevin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  10 , 11 , 12 , 13 , 14  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.