Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » General

Subject: Wave 7? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan M D Thomas
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So it looks like we now know wave 7 what may be in wave 7.

Star Trek - Attack Wing Ni'Var Vulcan
http://www.ikoncollectables.com.au/m202/WizKids_Games/p13152...

Star Trek - Attack Wing Scout Cube Borg
http://www.ikoncollectables.com.au/m202/WizKids_Games/p13150...

Star Trek - Attack Wing Enterprise Federation
http://www.ikoncollectables.com.au/m202/WizKids_Games/p13151...

This wave gives us 3 'smaller' ships. The Ni'Var is the smaller vulcan science vessel, the scout cube was a small 6 man vessel that will likely be the Borg equivalent of a Romulan science vessel, and the NX will be one of the smaller Federation ships.

I imagine the NX as 2/2/3/0, coincidentally having the same stats as the Praetus from the same time period. It'll be nice to add Archer and the other enterprise crew to our card pool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bruce
United States
Elgin
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Was never crazy about Archer, what his ability be? ACTION: Discard this upgrade to immediately ruin this franchise. Don't look for a Wave 8, there is a reason they put him last.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Montgomery
United States
Modesto
California
flag msg tools
badge
The Shipyard - Star Trek Attack Wing spoilers and reviews
mbmbmbmbmb
This is really making me wonder if the Enterprise E is going to be an OP exclusive prize. I sure hope not, but they're running out of time to fit it in to the Borg OP.

I think the NX Enterprise will be nice to have for the federation. More Borg stuff is good. This is certainly looking like the Vulcans will be a full fledged faction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bruce
United States
Elgin
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yeah, no Enterprise E is rather troubling. The Federation have no heavy hitter without it. The Klingons have the Negvar, the Romulans the Valdor, shoot, the Dominion will have a freaking battleship. Where is the Big E?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DonMegel wrote:
Yeah, no Enterprise E is rather troubling. The Federation have no heavy hitter without it. The Klingons have the Negvar, the Romulans the Valdor, shoot, the Dominion will have a freaking battleship. Where is the Big E?

Does start to look like it's shaping up as an OP prize.

If so...wow. That's going to be one that BLOOD is shed over... gulp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan M D Thomas
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
XanderF wrote:
DonMegel wrote:

Does start to look like it's shaping up as an OP prize.

If so...wow. That's going to be one that BLOOD is shed over... gulp

So true. The Sutherland is going for $100+ on ebay. I can only imagine the E going for 1.5 to 2 times that if its an OP prize.

New Picard, Riker, Geordi, etc. 5 attack and 30-32 points. They wouldn't do that to us would they?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waspinator
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope the NX gets those quantum beacons that see through cloaks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DonMegel wrote:
Was never crazy about Archer, what his ability be? ACTION: Discard this upgrade to immediately ruin this franchise. Don't look for a Wave 8, there is a reason they put him last.

It's so weird to me how many people think that:
a) Archer wasn't basically the least terrible regular character on Enterprise (except Phlox)
b) There was anything left to ruin after Voyager was done with it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan M D Thomas
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kobold47 wrote:
DonMegel wrote:

a) Archer wasn't basically the least terrible regular character on Enterprise (except Phlox)

I didn't last far into Enterprise, nor did I finish Voyager, but Scott Bakula is an underrated actor. Quantum Leap was good stuffs.

I imagine Archer gets a 7 skill +-1 with some random ability, maybe scan related idk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Penguin Bonaparte
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They're a weird fit timeline-wise, but I always did like the look of those Vulcan designs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bruce
United States
Elgin
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
jmdt784 wrote:
kobold47 wrote:
DonMegel wrote:

I didn't last far into Enterprise, nor did I finish Voyager, but Scott Bakula is an underrated actor. Quantum Leap was good stuffs.

I imagine Archer gets a 7 skill +-1 with some random ability, maybe scan related idk.

I loved quantum leap but Scott bakula is no Jim kirk and they needed a dynamic, action type captain to fit the theme the show was supposed to have

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Pitner
United States
Plano
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DonMegel wrote:
jmdt784 wrote:
kobold47 wrote:
DonMegel wrote:

I loved quantum leap but Scott bakula is no Jim kirk and they needed a dynamic, action type captain to fit the theme the show was supposed to have

I don't know if I'm excited or worried about 9 ships in 3 months. I guess in a way right now it's 8 in 3 months - although then there's a month off. Is it going to be too much too quickly? I guess I should just shut up and enjoy the amount of attention Wiz Kids has been giving this game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C. E. Freeman
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DonMegel wrote:

I'm hopeful this means there'll be a new starter set before the second OP event. One that has the Enterprise E and a couple of Borg ships. Are they really going to start the Borg OP event event without a playable Borg faction?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan M D Thomas
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tacullu64 wrote:
DonMegel wrote:

I'm hopeful this means there'll be a new starter set before the second OP event. One that has the Enterprise E and a couple of Borg ships. Are they really going to start the Borg OP event event without a playable Borg faction?

With any luck, we get a starter with the E, the queen's diamond, and idk 8472 bioship beta or maybe another named Vor'Cha.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Penguin Bonaparte
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That sounds like an awesome set, but what indication is there that there might be multiple starters? I know they do that for the clix, but it seems really weird for this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C. E. Freeman
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PenguinBonaparte wrote:
That sounds like an awesome set, but what indication is there that there might be multiple starters? I know they do that for the clix, but it seems really weird for this game.

Nothing rock solid. There is no Enterprise E in sight. One would hope its available to fight the Borg. A LE prize Enterprise E is an unspeakably bad idea. It would be hard to imagine worse marketing decision considering how many they could sell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan M D Thomas
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tacullu64 wrote:
PenguinBonaparte wrote:

Nothing rock solid. There is no Enterprise E in sight. One would hope its available to fight the Borg. A LE prize Enterprise E is an unspeakably bad idea. It would be hard to imagine worse marketing decision considering how many they could sell.

Definitely a money loss. If the E has 5 attack dice and is purchasable, I could easily see people picking up 2 and 3 copies. It would be a defining Federation ship.

Maybe they realize that if a ship that powerful is given to the federation, it could change the balance of power too much in their direction with all the good upgrades they possess, lol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C. E. Freeman
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmdt784 wrote:
Tacullu64 wrote:
PenguinBonaparte wrote:

Definitely a money loss. If the E has 5 attack dice and is purchasable, I could easily see people picking up 2 and 3 copies. It would be a defining Federation ship.

Maybe they realize that if a ship that powerful is given to the federation, it could change the balance of power too much in their direction with all the good upgrades they possess, lol.

This is mostly wishful thinking on my part. I mean I can make a case built on circumstantial evidence for it but there is one piece of damning evidence against it too. With all the leaks we are seeing on the different waves how could they possibly be keeping a second starter set under the radar?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ptak
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I dunno, Enterprise got better by Season 4. Thank Bragga and Berman for mediocriting Star Trek to death. I think it started with Voyager.

Anyway as a Fed player, this is kind of outrageous. The other races get to enjoy heavy warships with incredible firepower, and the heaviest we can count on to counter these monsters commercially is the Enterprise-D, yoked to the Starter set. None of the First Contact ships are available on the Horizon, which likely means the Feds are going to be the weakest hitting faction for the foreseeable future.

It's also hard to believe the feds are going to "ramp up" with ships like this. What's Wave 8 going to be, the Yosemite? How long are the Federations' head going to be held underwater? At least the Excelsior helps the Feds hold their ground against other races with better toys and/or attack power, while they freely use federation upgrades at the cost of a slap on the wrist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tacullu64 wrote:
DonMegel wrote:

Hadn't really considered that, but it's an interesting thought.

Not sure it would be a COUPLE of Borg ships, given how powerful each should be (and presuming they have a rampant amount of 'steal upgrades from opposing factions' abilities - probably not even paying cross-faction penalties for crew/tech/captains they DO take)...

But an Enterprise-E, Borg...diamond?, and maybe Akira-class?

Damn, I'd buy that in a heartbeat!

(Although why would they do that? Sell three ships for $40...or package them all individually at $15 a pop for $45 total without having to put all the 'core set' tokens and dice and rulers and stuff with them...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C. E. Freeman
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
XanderF wrote:
Tacullu64 wrote:
DonMegel wrote:

Hadn't really considered that, but it's an interesting thought.

Not sure it would be a COUPLE of Borg ships, given how powerful each should be (and presuming they have a rampant amount of 'steal upgrades from opposing factions' abilities - probably not even paying cross-faction penalties for crew/tech/captains they DO take)...

But an Enterprise-E, Borg...diamond?, and maybe Akira-class?

Damn, I'd buy that in a heartbeat!

(Although why would they do that? Sell three ships for $40...or package them all individually at $15 a pop for $45 total without having to put all the 'core set' tokens and dice and rulers and stuff with them...)

The best reason would be to promote/kick off the new 6th month OP event. It could also be the launch point for the next generation of players. Finally there are still players looking for a reason to get another starter for the extra dice. Now they get new ships too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ptak
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tacullu64 wrote:
DonMegel wrote:

If the Borg OP starts off with System J-25 as the first scenario I can believe it. An NPC borg cube as a participation prize and active-scenario unit. Maybe players have to be the last ones standing from the Cube's attacks as it chases players around the board.

This could also *technically* be the first Borg-aligned ship, insofar as DS9 is the first Bajoran/Non-aligned ship in the game when it was introduced for OP1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C. E. Freeman
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another possibility is an increased buy in for the first month of the event. There is a Borg buy in and a federation buy in. You can buy both but must play one of them in the first months event.

I don't necessarily think this is a good idea because it would further alienate those that can't go to events. Unless they were available on the mass market of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon NyD

Denver
Colorado
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm hoping for the Enterprise E in a 2nd starter set. Coupled with a Borg ship, and maybe something Vulcan. I really REALLY hope its not a prize ship, this Sutherland stuff is madness! The Ferengi Krayton was alright because its not something people really feel like they need to play, but the Federation and Klingon ones contain stuff that people seem to think is "must have" stuff. GAH!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wyant
United States
Spindale
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They could do 2 starter sets like the avengers vrs x-men starters, designed for the event, but playable without it. A fed starter and a borg starter with two equal point fleets of 2-3 ships.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |