Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Defense
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I started this thread ... http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/107580 ... got a ton of response, but sadly, no answer.

I'm going to Munich this year and wanted to know the best/cheapest store there to find board games (specifically, games I can't by in the US, like Himalaya, Wallenstein, etc.)

thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Marchlewitz
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you head to the main pedestrain zone in Munich there are a few stores that you can go to. Obletter is a dedicated toy store, with gobs of games. Kaufhoff is a department store with a great selection of Euro games as well. Prices are quite reasonable in either. Make sure you bribg gobs of cash, and make sure you sit down in the Viktualienmarkt in Marienplatz afterwards for a nice Weissbier and Bretzen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Hinkle
United States
Twinsburg
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in France currently and was asking some local gamers where they get their games.

They said they pool together and order from one of the German online sites. Stores are too expensive.

I think I might have heard this somewhere before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicole Lehmann

35037 Marburg
Germany
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know some shops in munich, but look here:
12spiel.de
you can order the games much cheaper than in a store and they hopefully will send the games to your munich adress.

greetings from germany and don't eat to much "Brezeln" meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Rob,
I was in Munich some years ago, and my memory is patchy, but I didn't find anything outside the main shopping drag. If you are at the town hall (Rathaus) and turn so it is on your right hand, you walk up a long shopping street, past the two towers of the um big church on your right. Eventually you pass out of a gateway and I think the Obletter store referred to above is opposite to your right. It's an excellent store and you will find a really good range of games. Beyond this, I don't recall any more. To be honest, I found Munich a teeny bit.... dull. Nice, but not thrilling.

Hang on, memory returning....maybe if you turn left, the shopping drag continues and you might find another toy store...nope, nothing definite comes to mind.

Cheers,
Jon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Defense
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh yes, I plan to spend time at the Viktualienmarkt biergarten, and especially the Augstiner Biergarten on Arnulfstrasse ... been to Munich many times, but not since I got into board games ... Munich is my idea of heaven!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Benninghaus
Germany
Westendorf
flag msg tools
Hi Rob,

we`re not in Munich, but about 50 miles away from Munich (close to Augsburg).

We are a local store and you can see most of our games here on bgg and in our online-store: www.der-spielzeugladen.de

Most of our games are used, but we have new and sealed games as well. There are about 1000 different games in stock at the moment.

Best regards,
Tim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls