Recommend
4 
 Thumb up
 Hide
95 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Related » BGG Bugs

Subject: Corrupt images rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
While geekmodding, I came across

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/1353570/takenoko

It's corrupt in all sizes.

I'm seeing some other ones without thumbnails.

Will there be a manual re-do of images that we come across that have issues, and if so, what's the easiest way to round them up?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Selamat pagi,
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Several images of mine are corrupted. If I have to re-shoot them I'm going to charge 10 GG apiece.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
As my dad always says, "Feel free to send me a bill."
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Selamat pagi,
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
I will but maybe he'll be confused.


Edit: I'm not sure but it could be that people are starting to propose new rep images for games where the old image is still not visible. Assuming all the images are returning eventually, that means we'll end up with random substandard rep images. :o
4 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Kranzel
United States
Piedmont
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
indigopotter wrote:
While geekmodding, I came across

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/1353570/takenoko

It's corrupt in all sizes.

I'm seeing some other ones without thumbnails.

Will there be a manual re-do of images that we come across that have issues, and if so, what's the easiest way to round them up?


It looks like image #1352080 is corrupt as well (for Mythic Battles).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
I moved them (and another one I found) to the users' galleries; if they have the images, hopefully they can upload them again. My image comments will provide a trail if there's anything we can do for the original images.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Kranzel
United States
Piedmont
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
indigopotter wrote:
I moved them (and another one I found) to the users' galleries; if they have the images, hopefully they can upload them again. My image comments will provide a trail if there's anything we can do for the original images.


Sounds good. Should I report others here, if I find any, or should I just send you a geekmail?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
Geekmail is fine.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Selamat pagi,
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Does that mean efforts will be spared in restoring them from backup?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Grietens
Belgium
Leuven
Vlaams Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
What was the reason why images got corrupted? I also have a corrupted image
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/1346826/risk

Will the be restored by BGG or do the users need to do this themselves? I don't know exactly how to do that. Is there a way to keep the same image number, and replace the corrupted one with a new one?

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
I'll have to work on a way to restore the backup again for these corrupted images.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Selamat pagi,
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Thanks. I'm sure a lot of people will help track down the corrupt images if it needs to be done manually. If they're mostly in a certain range of image IDs maybe it will be easier.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Well I just went and looked at the backup of the Risk image and it is also corrupted, so I went back 30 days in the history and it was corrupted there too.

I'm not sure where it went wrong in the process, so I'll try to write a spider to see what other images have been compromised and notify the owners and we'll see how to get them replaced with corrected originals.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
Thanks Aldie!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Grietens
Belgium
Leuven
Vlaams Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldie wrote:
Well I just went and looked at the backup of the Risk image and it is also corrupted, so I went back 30 days in the history and it was corrupted there too.

I'm not sure where it went wrong in the process, so I'll try to write a spider to see what other images have been compromised and notify the owners and we'll see how to get them replaced with corrected originals.


Thank you for all the trouble. Just let me know when i need to send you the original
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Grietens
Belgium
Leuven
Vlaams Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Magritte wrote:
What was the reason why images got corrupted? I also have a corrupted image
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/1346826/risk

Will the be restored by BGG or do the users need to do this themselves? I don't know exactly how to do that. Is there a way to keep the same image number, and replace the corrupted one with a new one?

`


I have uploaded a new version of this image under number 1880425
 


EDIT

My new picture was REJECTED !
I uploaded a new version under number 1880444

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Harrison
United States
Fisher
Illinois
flag msg tools
So long ...
badge
... and thanks for all the fish.
Avatar
mb
More corrupt images:


1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Grietens
Belgium
Leuven
Vlaams Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Magritte wrote:
Magritte wrote:
What was the reason why images got corrupted? I also have a corrupted image
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/1346826/risk

Will the be restored by BGG or do the users need to do this themselves? I don't know exactly how to do that. Is there a way to keep the same image number, and replace the corrupted one with a new one?

`


I have uploaded a new version of this image under number 1880425
 


EDIT

My new picture was REJECTED !
I uploaded a new version under number 1880444



I replaced the corrupt image myself. Everything is ok now.
No need for any action from your side anymore Aldie.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
It's good that the image is there, but anything linked to the old image number will not work.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gwen
Belgium
oost-vlaanderen
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
Found another one :

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Harrison
United States
Fisher
Illinois
flag msg tools
So long ...
badge
... and thanks for all the fish.
Avatar
mb
Another one, and this is serious: It’s the representative image for Through the Ages: Spanish Promo Card Set:

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
indigopotter wrote:
I moved them (and another one I found) to the users' galleries; if they have the images, hopefully they can upload them again. My image comments will provide a trail if there's anything we can do for the original images.


I've also tagged them as "corrupt".
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Selamat pagi,
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
I tagged mine as "corrupt" as well; luckily there are only a half dozen out of all my images. If need be I can re-take all of them except for one (insert thrown out, pieces mixed with others).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gwen
Belgium
oost-vlaanderen
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
Another one (already tagged it as corrupt):



2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
Thanks Gwen
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.