Recommend
4 
 Thumb up
 Hide
95 Posts
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4  | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Related » BGG Bugs

Subject: Corrupt images rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Netherlands
flag msg tools
       This space              intentionally              left blank.
badge

(pointed out in geekmod)
1 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gwen
Belgium
oost-vlaanderen
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb


Size 'small' is not showing.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
gwen wrote:


Size 'small' is not showing.

I see it showing small in your post and also on the image's own page, i.e. at:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/3615351/cauldron-bubble-...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Selamat pagi,
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
It shows for me. I had a similar case a while ago where an image didn't show for me, probably to do with client- and/or serverside caching.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gwen
Belgium
oost-vlaanderen
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
Weird. Now showing for me too.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Selamat pagi,
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Another case:



Shows for me on the image page and old gallery, but is a solid black square in the new game page gallery.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaffedrake wrote:
Another case:



Shows for me on the image page and old gallery, but is a solid black square in the new game page gallery.

That bug reproduces for me too.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
Same here, black in filmstrip on Overview, and in new Gallery.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This was just uploaded:

https://boardgamegeek.com/image/3741125/ribbit?size=medium

the medium and square size images don't seem to exist, but small and original display fine...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Netherlands
flag msg tools
       This space              intentionally              left blank.
badge
russ wrote:
This was just uploaded:

https://boardgamegeek.com/image/3741125/ribbit?size=medium

the medium and square size images don't seem to exist, but small and original display fine...

All sizes of that display okay for me.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
All sizes work for me, too.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Weird, and now it works for me too. (I wonder if the square and medium sizes were still being calculated or cached by the system when I looked at it, which was as soon as it appared in my subscription feed.)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Selamat pagi,
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
I've seen several more instances of broken thumbnails in new game page galleries, always the newest ones, indicating this particular problem is caching-related as theorized.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaffedrake wrote:
I've seen several more instances of broken thumbnails in new game page galleries, always the newest ones, indicating this particular problem is caching-related as theorized.


Agreed. I'd add that caching problems are weird because it depends on how frequently a job is run, and what the user load is on the servers. (The background jobs have lower priority that users I suspect...)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gwen
Belgium
oost-vlaanderen
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
The thumbnails of the middle two images show up like 'negatives' for me. Opening the images makes them appear just fine in all sizes though.

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/235435/cypress-legacy/im...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
gwen wrote:
The thumbnails of the middle two images show up like 'negatives' for me. Opening the images makes them appear just fine in all sizes though.

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/235435/cypress-legacy/im...

Wow, that's a weird one. I see it too. (Corrupted in the gallery, but ok on their individual image pages.)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
Spooky. Almost as scary as that image that suddenly had Derk's face in one of the sizes.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Selamat pagi,
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
It looks like failure to preserve partial transparency in the thumbnail.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Eric Martin
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
Avatar
herace wrote:
Kaffedrake wrote:
I've seen several more instances of broken thumbnails in new game page galleries, always the newest ones, indicating this particular problem is caching-related as theorized.

Agreed. I'd add that caching problems are weird because it depends on how frequently a job is run, and what the user load is on the servers. (The background jobs have lower priority that users I suspect...)

I've talked with Scott about the apparent caching issues going on with images, and he's looking into it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gwen
Belgium
oost-vlaanderen
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
Another case of images showing up corrupted in the gallery, even though they look just fine on their own page (the duplicate images of the logo):

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/237228/omen/images
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.