Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Ogre» Forums » Rules

Subject: Overrun Clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kurt Weihs
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I probably missed this in the rules, but scanning through I am unable to find it. Do units participating in an overrun attack get to make their normal attack after movement is complete?

i.e. an Ogre Mk IV moves into a hex with six infantry squads and uses it's a.p. to wipe out the first 3 squads and uses it's main gun and secondaries to take out the second set of 3 squads. Can it then use the Main and secondaries to fire on a heavy tank 2 hexes away once it has stopped?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Sturmkraehe wrote:
Do units participating in an overrun attack get to make their normal attack after movement is complete?

Yes, although I don't see where this is explicitly stated. (8.08 would have been a good place.)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Weihs
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah, they are very good at pointing out the exception with missle racks not being able to fire.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
kuhrusty wrote:
Yes, although I don't see where this is explicitly stated.

Perhaps I should downgrade that to, "I sure hope so, because that's the way I've always played," ha ha. There are no "... unless they fired during an overrun" exceptions in the combat rules, at least.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Maisonneuve
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I dont have the rulebook with me to point you out where it is, but I confirm you that you get to attack after overruns (it is written somewhere in the book)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Talorien
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sturmkraehe wrote:
I probably missed this in the rules, but scanning through I am unable to find it. Do units participating in an overrun attack get to make their normal attack after movement is complete?

Yes. See Ogre Designer's Edition Rulebook 4.02 Step 4, Fire Phase (page 10):

"Units which made an overrun attack may fire in the fire phase as well."
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
As long as we're on the subject, do I understand correctly that:

1. Defending units that were disabled when an Overrun began (typically defending units) may still participate in resolving the Overrun?

2. That even fresh units (but not Ogres) that receive a 'D' result during the resolution of an Overrun are eliminated from the game along with the units that receive an 'X' result?

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Ellis
United States
Concord
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BradyLS wrote:
1. Defending units that were disabled when an Overrun began (typically defending units) may still participate in resolving the Overrun?

Yes (also attacking units may have been disabled by the terrain). All disabled units may attack at half-strength during overruns (8.02).


BradyLS wrote:
2. That even fresh units (but not Ogres) that receive a 'D' result during the resolution of an Overrun are eliminated from the game along with the units that receive an 'X' result?

Correct (8.04). All 'D' results on conventional units are escalated to 'X', but only "true" 'X' results affect an Ogre (8.05).
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.