Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Ogre» Forums » Rules

Subject: Counter Shapes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I take it that counter shapes are not an accurate guide for determining the AU cost of non-OGRE vehicles.

For example, Missile Tanks are on the narrower counter used by Light Tanks and Light GEVs, but still cost 1 AU (rather than 1/2 AU) for force composition purposes. Similarly, even though GEV-PCs and HoverTrucks are on the broader counters, they also cost 1 AU rather than 2 AU when composing a force.

Correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

The counter shapes correlate with no game mechanic. They correlate with the spaces in the insert. The driving idea here is that the artwork is all scaled to the miniatures, which are either 1/285 or 1/300 scale, a very traditional size for games like this. But the sizes do not have an AU or VP equivalent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
andreww wrote:
The counter shapes correlate with no game mechanic. They correlate with the spaces in the insert.

angry

(Hating on the weird counter shapes is my hobby.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
andreww wrote:

The counter shapes correlate with no game mechanic. They correlate with the spaces in the insert. The driving idea here is that the artwork is all scaled to the miniatures, which are either 1/285 or 1/300 scale, a very traditional size for games like this. But the sizes do not have an AU or VP equivalent.

I'm glad it correlates to something. But it would have been a nice mnemonic if they correlated to AU cost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

You'll have AU cost memorized in no time.

But, yeah.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
andreww wrote:

[...] The driving idea here is that the artwork is all scaled to the miniatures, which are either 1/285 or 1/300 scale, a very traditional size for games like this. But the sizes do not have an AU or VP equivalent.

I'm good with this, so when we look at the tanks, msl, etc... they are the correct size. No problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.