Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rick Altemose
United States
Galveston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure would be nice to be able to play all SJW II scenarios, but I need the map from a game I don't have. It seems that I have 2 options:

1. Wait for the reprint of Here Come the Rebels.
2. Pay from $100 to $120 (latest e-bay prices) for a copy of the original game.

I'm not a young man anymore, so option #1 seems to be out, and $100 for a map seems a little high.

Any suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Doane
United States
Walpole
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're a VASSAL user, you could always download the SJW2 module and play all of the scenarios that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Altemose
United States
Galveston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the suggestion! Thing is, I play war games to get away from the computer, so I'm looking for a paper map.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike W
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
People are asking for $100 to $120 for Here Come the Rebels on Ebay, but hopefully they are not getting it.

There is a copy on BGG marketplace for $45.

If you are patient (and set up an Ebay alert and / or cruise the CSW marketplace), I'll bet you could get a copy for ~$30 or maybe less.

Not ideal, I know. Just wanted you to know those Buy it Now prices on Ebay can be ridiculous.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Millette
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
God Bless the USA
mbmbmbmbmb
I doubt you will find many copies for $30 or less, but I'd say more than a few can be found around the $50 range. Not too terribly bad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike W
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mille1212 wrote:
I doubt you will find many copies for $30 or less, but I'd say more than a few can be found around the $50 range. Not too terribly bad.

It takes a lot of patience. In the last 6 months, I've found 2 that meet this criteria ($30 or less).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Kaufmann
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Look out for incomplete copies which are missing a few counters - these should be rather affordable!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So what's the deal here? The game just comes with some extra scenarios in case you have other games in the series?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Altemose
United States
Galveston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just bought the $45 copy on BGG Bazaar that Mike mentioned for $40 (you can bargain). Very good advice, and thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls