Subject: Board game store in Richmond rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Louis Shakkour
United States
Lynchburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
I am currently in Richmond and was wondering if anyone new a store where i can buy some boardgames. I do ot have enough time to order them online. Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. B @ Rockin' B
United States
Batavia
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am going to be in Richmond, VA, myself here soon. So, any help pointing to great games stores in RIC would help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Emery
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I haven't been there, myself, but the one I have heard mentioned most often is One Eyed Jacques in Carytown. Address is: 3104 West Cary St. Richmond, VA 23221. Phone at (804)359-6008, if you need directions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom "Snicker Daddy" Pancoast
United States
Henrico
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, One Eyed Jacques is pretty much it. Its a nice store. I wish it was bigger, but Richmond doesn't seem to be able to support a large game store.

I assume this is just a visit, but just in case, you might want to check out our new RichmondBoardgamer group on Yahoo:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RichmondBoardgamers/

We are a brand new group and are tentatively meeting once a month. Check out the calendar on that web page for the schedule.

If your interests extend beyond board gaming, check out the RichmondGamer group:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RichmondGamer

Finally, I might as well pimp the Tidewater Strategy Group while I'm at it. Someone else might come across this who wants to know.

http://www.tidewaterstrategygroup.org/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby F.
United States
Henrico
Virginia
flag msg tools
Whatever you do will be insignificent. But it is very important that you do it.
badge
This BGG avatar is limited to the explicit use of Quaseymoto and all others will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just an update to this, since these posts are a bit outdated.
(repeated on all 4 Richmond, VA links on FLGS US tabs)

I moved to the Richmond area 3 years ago, and here's what I've found as far as gaming stores go. These are sorted by distance from center of Richmond.

One Eyed Jacques - 3104 W Cary St Richmond, VA 23221 (3.6 miles from center)
Still opened. I find it a bit uninviting as far as hanging out or events, not a Magic Den but still some LGS problems. They have a very good collection of games, about 10 tables to play on. Biggest pro in my eyes is the Scratch & Dent section, which offers new, damaged games at 50% off (sometimes as little as a small corner dent).

FTW Games - 13176 Midlothian Turnpike Midlothian, VA 23113 (13.8 miles from center, W-SW)
I have not spent time here but I hear it's a great place for Warhammer and other wargames, as well as bigger, heavier games. No clue on selection.

Dragon's Den - 4336 Pouncey Tract Rd, Glen Allen, VA 23060 (15.9 miles from center, in Short Pump)
This gets my recommendation. They are a bit smaller than the other 2, offering only about 6 tables, but I feel they make up for it significantly with their friendly, customer oriented attitude. The store always appears clean. There selection is a bit smaller than above (and no scratch and dent ) but they stock new titles and have a good special order policy.
Biggest pro for me is the demo section. They offer a large library of games that can be played at the store for free or rented for like $7, and if you decide to buy the cost comes off the final price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls