Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony McRee
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So for the next At the Table, we are wondering what game you would play if stuck inside during a snowstorm. It doesn't have to be just one game, it could be a series of games or one game. And if you want, tell us who will be playing this marathon session with you.

And we were not kidding in Episode 30, 2 inches of snow shut us down in the south, we don't have the equipment to handle it.

Thanks in advance for the submissions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hann_Boe
United States
Greenville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ha. 2 inches...sad.

try nearly 2 inches of freezing rain + many inches of snow + subzero temp = to many days off from school for the kids while dad still heads to work.

but we enjoyed some Council of Verona, Love Letter, and a bunch of King of Tokyo (with power up & Halloween).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Duby
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9)
mbmbmbmbmb
Sadly, I cannot relate to your question whatsoever, as where I live it is in the 80's pretty much every day...

Now if you had asked what we would play if a hurricane or tsunami was coming, that would be a different question...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Headley
United States
NORTHGLENN
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
4x games - hopefully gamer friends but if not snowed in with gamer friends than would need family games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony McRee
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MajorOracle wrote:
Sadly, I cannot relate to your question whatsoever, as where I live it is in the 80's pretty much every day...

Now if you had asked what we would play if a hurricane or tsunami was coming, that would be a different question...

You are right, those would be different questions like:

What board game should be made into a travel version?

What board game would you be willing to waterproof?

What is your favorite car game to play when sitting in the evacuation lanes when exiting a city.

Believe it or not, I did get to experience leaving a city for a hurricane, so understand that event.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony McRee
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A little bump to make sure it stays at the top...

Expanding as well, could be multiple games that you would want to play like:

Life, Monopoly, Risk, and end it with Sorry

Just saying it is a possibility
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Connell
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NoteL If you say Life, Monopoly or Sorry...you will be mocked on the show
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Risley
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I suggested a Ticket to Ride marathon (USA, Europe, Switzerland, Nordic, Deutschland, India and Asia) this weekend, as it's cold and snowy out. It was met with eye rolls all around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Minutillo
Australia
Stratton
Western Australia
flag msg tools
Keeping you up to date with Kickstarter Campaigns in the Tabletop Games category
badge
Keeping you up to date with Kickstarter Campaigns in the Tabletop Games category
mbmbmbmbmb
Rex: Final Days of an Empire and then Twilight Imperium (Third Edition)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony McRee
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MikeRisley wrote:
I suggested a Ticket to Ride marathon (USA, Europe, Switzerland, Nordic, Deutschland, India and Asia) this weekend, as it's cold and snowy out. It was met with eye rolls all around.

I like the idea, who would roll their eyes at this. Did you follow it with ok, then let's do Elder Signs, Mansions, Eldritch, and then Arkham.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Kale
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
I reiterate. This is Sparta!
mbmbmbmbmb
codermike wrote:

Definitely! add a A Game of Thrones: The Board Game (Second Edition) in there with it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D.M. Jones
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
...before I forget.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the months following the 2011 Great Tohoku Earthquake I played several games of Risk and various common card games with friends (not a lot to do). This was just before I got into 'modern' tabletop gaming. Today, I'd probably play a lot of The Resistance and a few games of A Game of Thrones: The Board Game (Second Edition).

In terms of snow storms, I'd love to solve a few Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective: The Thames Murders & Other Cases cases. I may get a chance to do just that before winter is over.

Thematic blitz session ... Dixit , Gloom and Rory's Story Cubes. All storytelling games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Risley
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
damcree wrote:

I like the idea, who would roll their eyes at this. Did you follow it with ok, then let's do Elder Signs, Mansions, Eldritch, and then Arkham.

Nice. That would be funny, but they don't know who HP Lovecraft is or any of that. Which, quite honestly, is probably for the best.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony McRee
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, with this cold front and snow across the the Northeast, this question is very appropriate for that area. If we got that amount of snow here, we would be playing games for a week. Shoot, we would easily get in a couple games of Twilight Imperium 3

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sitting Duck
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're going for a time killer, there's the old reliable Arkham Horror. It's been said that the game is like a Lovecraft story in that it takes a long time to set up (and the game itself is no quickie). If the power's out and you have a source of heat that doesn't require electricity, Killer Thriller from Timeout Diversions is a good choice. It's a beer and pretzels style RPG which does horror scenarios with a pre-Scream sensibility. By that I mean that characters (referred to in the game as Victims) are blundering incompetents. In fact, each player gets a minimum of three Victims since they're so easy to kill. The stats are referred to as Inabilities and reflect how stupid, unlucky, and panic-prone the Victim is. It even has mechanics for taking into account how the Big Bad suddenly becomes less capable during the climax.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls